Hacking A9LH Guide Update - Discussion

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
"This guide will work on New 3DS, Old 3DS, and 2DS in ALL regions on firmware 11.0.0 or below."

Yeah, well it won't work with 11.X.X versions above 11.0.0. I think this needs to be more clear.

Reactions: Quantumcat

baller4eva14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So wait, this guide has a new exploit for the newest firmware, which is 11.0.0-33? Does this mean any Firmware is now able to use CFW?

(I actually have the newest firmware on my n3DS.)

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So wait, this guide has a new exploit for the newest firmware, which is 11.0.0-33? Does this mean any Firmware is now able to use CFW?

(I actually have the newest firmware on my n3DS.)
No, to put it simply (at least, not without a hardmod or another modded 3DS). The guide is now shorter and easier to use.

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Whoa! just browsed through the guide, we'll only have to backup and restore once. No more formats of sysnand and emunands too, no more setting up during first boot after format, heck, we wouldn't have to setup emunand anymore too.

The only thing I've noticed is that even if you're on v9.2 already, the guide still insist on going through the 9.2.0 Downgrader (Part 2). Of course, I know that's the part where we setup Decrypt9, but I think it's unnecessary to go through the downgrade section anymore (Part 2, section II). One should just skip it and proceed to section III, Right?

Anyway, I will be installing a9lh to another 3ds later after work, so I'll be able to test this out myself. Kudos to Plailect and to everybody else involved.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Whoa! just browsed through the guide, we'll only have to backup and restore once. No more formats of sysnand and emunands too, no more setting up during first boot after format, heck, we wouldn't have to setup emunand anymore too.

The only thing I've noticed is that even if you're on v9.2 already, the guide still insist on going through the 9.2.0 Downgrader (Part 2). Of course, I know that's the part where we setup Decrypt9, but I think it's unnecessary to go through the downgrade section anymore (Part 2, section II). One should just skip it and proceed to section III, Right?

Anyway, I will be installing a9lh to another 3ds later after work, so I'll be able to test this out myself. Kudos to Plailect and to everybody else involved.
Decrypt9 won't work on anything newer than 9.2.0, so downgrading is necessary.

yarib

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Basically Decrypt9 sort of allows for nand sharing. If you think about it that way, they just have premade 2.1 nands on the guide which you can flash with Decrypt9 and proceed like before. The only order change now is the installing fbi after a9lh is installed. It also does not work above 9.2 as it still doesn't have access to writting to nand.

theinternetnomad

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can someone direct me as to where to start, I already have luma3ds setup as a emunand partition on my 9.2 new 3ds. The emunand is updated to the latest firmware and has agp patched as well the patch that allows older ds flash cards and region free (when I was on reinand). Is there a way to proceed without deleting content from my sd card? I have a ton of games and apps that would take a long time to backup.

astronautlevel

Trophies
Website
ataber.pw
XP
Country
United States
Can someone direct me as to where to start, I already have luma3ds setup as a emunand partition on my 9.2 new 3ds. The emunand is updated to the latest firmware and has agp patched as well the patch that allows older ds flash cards and region free (when I was on reinand). Is there a way to proceed without deleting content from my sd card? I have a ton of games and apps that would take a long time to backup.
Start here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-2-(2.1.0-ctrtransfer)

Follow the guide and transfer your emunand at the end.

Pokem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I think there is a way. I believe what you have to do is backup your current Emunand as a file, then put it in a safe place on your computer. Then, from there, through Sysnand you can follow the guide and get Decrypt9, downgrade to 2.1.0, get OTP, install A9LH, then put the emunand back on your SD card and you can link it to your Sysnand

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Austronaut ninja'd me :( though correct me if im wrong

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Holy crap, did plailect's guide got immensely shorter? Also, how fast is it now? The old guide always takes me 2-3 hours per 3ds.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6aie4t8lZ7k&pp=ygUuaSBhbSBub3QgZ2F5IGJ1dCAyMCBkb2xsYXJzIGlzIDIwIGRv... +1