Gaming A way to pass the ambassadors program

hundshamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twoacross said:
How do I apply for the ambassadors's program? Since I registered my 3DS to Club nintendo, linked to the Nintendo eShop, am I already in the program or do I have to go online and register?

Thanks!
Just open the e-shop before Aug. 11, 2011.

QUOTE(uriyasama @ Aug 4 2011, 03:51 PM) so what is your explenation to getting the animal crossing limited time dlc by reversing the wii's calender?
I think the limited edition DLC was included in the regular DLC and used the internal calander as to when it should be opened. This is completely different. I don't think the ambassador program is to be downloaded, just the games released to the program.Also, there may have been something embedded in the notification I just received that basically tells Nintendo that you're registered. Who knows how they run things except Nintendo themselves.

BadBloke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiintendogr.com
XP
Country
Greece
Obviously it's not going to work. Nintendo knows what date/time it is when you connect to the e-shop, they don't need your 3DS' clock to tell them. When they stop registering the ambassador devices on 12th August, it's over.

uriyasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are two ways they could have programed that :
1) To make the servers collect the registered and close themselves by August 12th (A lot harder than the other method but more likely)
2)To let the 3DS itself do all the work, nintendo is based on the 3DS's clock (Easier than the first one, it's the lazy route it not very likely but if that happened two times you can't denounce the chance of it happening again.

technicaly it is possible you can't say that it isn't. you can say that Nintendo aren't that stupid.

uriyasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't I'm going to get enough money for that only at the end of the month and I would gladly pay the 250$ for the 20 games. but sadly I am unable

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
uriyasama said:
I can't I'm going to get enough money for that only at the end of the month and I would gladly pay the 250$ for the 20 games. but sadly I am unable
Well then try setting back your clock after you get your 3DS and see if you get into the ambassador program. If you do, you can come back here and gloat. If you don't, well......

Ravenius

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
uriyasama said:
1) To make the servers collect the registered and close themselves by August 12th (A lot harder than the other method but more likely)
2)To let the 3DS itself do all the work, nintendo is based on the 3DS's clock (Easier than the first one, it's the lazy route it not very likely but if that happened two times you can't denounce the chance of it happening again.

...Why would it be more difficult to register the 3DS's in the server? It's obviously what they do, and it's more efficient than "letting 3DS do all the work".
I'm pretty sure Nintendo is not stupid enough not to do something like this server-wise. It's a really basic principle in networking.

uriyasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ugh... I'm sick of saying that everytime. Look at the examples, it happened twice before and there is a chance it will happen again.

I'm not sure about how much harder the first method is but I know it is harder. the reason for using the internal clock is not important, but the fact that they do use it is important.

Giga_Gaia

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Do you really think they're gonna leave the chance to any greedy guys like you to get their hands on free games.

This thing here involve free games, no way they would just hand them over to anyone with a mistake. If they did that mistake, that would allow you to get something you don,t deserve and they'd lose money for it.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
uriyasama said:
ugh... I'm sick of saying that everytime. Look at the examples, it happened twice before and there is a chance it will happen again.

I'm not sure about how much harder the first method is but I know it is harder. the reason for using the internal clock is not important, but the fact that they do use it is important.

What seriously makes you think that Nintendo recording who has entered the eshop before a specific date using their own clock would be in any way difficult? Anyone here after reading a couple of database tutorials could do the same thing in their sleep. All they need to record, is the time that their own server says was the first time each 3DS used the eshop, it is one of the simplest things to do ever.

1. Send log in info to eshop (username / 3DS ID / club Nintendo account, whatever it is they use to ID you)
2. Server checks if you are in the database already
---- Yes = do nothing
---- No = record server time + date

Upon attempting to look at/download ambassador games
1. Is recorded database date + time before the deadling?
---- Yes = allow content
---- No = Disallows content

The first part is probably already done to start with, I bet they already have a dated record of which club Nintendo accounts have visited the eshop.

uriyasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wrote that comment when I tried to prove my point saying that Nintendo is either lazy or stupid I got confused and turned out they were either stupid and lazy or either not stupid and not lazy.
I wrote that the first method is harder because of little programing experience it seemed easier not by far.
now that you say that there really is no reason it should be any different for them.

Edit: well now we have no explanation for their mistake...

nano351

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure how the 3ds and its shop works but it could be possible if it's similar to wii shop. Wii shop data is stored on simple http servers and purchase history is stored on your console not on the servers, no authentication needed to grab content so anyone can download anything on the wii shop servers and install it to their system/tell their system they have the content and download it.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
It's not in any way possible. Maybe thats how the Wii Shop was, but that's DEFINITELY not how the eShop is. Just like sergster said, I can't set my date back a week from now and expect it to look like it did last week. It doesn't work that way. It will never work that way. If it did work that way? I would denounce Nintendo as an intelligent company and shoot myself in the foot. Your proof is irrelevant because the Wii Shop is an older and COMPLETELY different shop. Most likely it logs your 3DS ID in the server and the day you logged into the eShop, and by August 12th the server shuts down so anyone who didn't participate CAN'T participate, regardless of changing the date on your 3DS.

uriyasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway there is no proof that the wii shop channel works different than the E-Shop on this field.
And nintendo didn't do anything in the E-Shop they couldn't do with the Wii Shop Channel and there is no reason for nintendo to do that on the E-Shop and not on the Wii Shop Channel.

In the end everybody's gonna hate me for being too much optimist. XD

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Holy crap yes there is. You know that example you posted as "proof"? And you know that example some others here and I posted as "your wrong"? THATS proof why it works differently.

And it's not that we hate you, we hate all the newbies and the noobs and the little kids coming in here saying "I can haxxors the 3DS!!! I has knowledge in EVERYTHING about nintendo!! The WII is proof that I CAN hack the 3DS!!!". It just doesn't ever work that way. Ever.

BadBloke

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.wiintendogr.com
XP
Country
Greece
uriyasama said:

technicaly it is possible you can't say that it isn't. you can say that Nintendo aren't that stupid.

QUOTE(uriyasama @ Aug 5 2011, 01:37 PM) I'm not against you, what I'm saying is that there is a chance they didn't notice that mistake.

Well, according to your logic there is also a chance that they're bluffing and the software will be immediately available for download for free regardless of whether you're in the ambassador programme. I mean, it's a possibility, right?

uriyasama

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean from where is the information that the E-shop works differently than the wii shop channel

I'm not saying I can hack the 3DS I'm not an hacker and I don't have any knowledge about the 3DS that can help with hacking it. I'm just giving out some facts people haven't noticed and forging a theory using that info. all you people just say that it won't work without even thinking about the info I gave you.

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
uriyasama said:
I mean from where is the information that the E-shop works differently than the wii shop channel
Where is the information that it doesn't?
QUOTE(uriyasama @ Aug 5 2011, 08:26 PM) I mean from where is the information that the E-shop works differently than the wii shop channel

I'm not saying I can hack the 3DS I'm not an hacker and I don't have any knowledge about the 3DS that can help with hacking it. I'm just giving out some facts people haven't noticed and forging a theory using that info. all you people just say that it won't work without even thinking about the info I gave you.
I lol'd

Your facts are for the Wii, not for the 3DS. Your fact for the 3DS will be when you set back your clock after you get your 3DS and see if you get into the ambassador program. If it works that is.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay