Meteor7

Guess where this thumb goes.
Trophies
a fit of spasms and accidental black magic
XP
Country
United States
I'm worried SquareEnix is putting far too much time, effort, and money into marketing and supplemental materials without having first developed a fun game. Then again, I've only seen the gameplay footage and haven't played myself, but the current combat system just doesn't seem deep enough to carry enough interest in people for them to ever want to see an anime or a movie about the game. I've been hoping I'm wrong about the gameplay since the game was first shown, but seeing so much go into auxiliary content while the game is still looking shallower than KH1 has me more worried than ever.

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This game is going to be a miss for me, I'm not really into action rpgs, waiting for an amazing looking, well thought out turn based one and this isn't that. Wish square would incorporate both turn based and action into one and let the fans choose between their own play style. This would appease everyone if the story held up

T-hug

Always like this.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
GBAtemp.net
XP

Vanth88

Private
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game is going to be a miss for me, I'm not really into action rpgs, waiting for an amazing looking, well thought out turn based one and this isn't that. Wish square would incorporate both turn based and action into one and let the fans choose between their own play style. This would appease everyone if the story held up

I heard they added in a new mode recently for fans of the old school turn based gameplay. It doesn't change the combat much but it does give you the opportunity to plan out your moves.

https://www.vg247.com/2016/06/15/fi...ts-you-pause-the-action-and-aim-your-attacks/

At first I wasn't sure I'd like FF15 either as it didn't seem like the game would be all that great yet over the last couple months SE has released a lot more videos that shows off more game play which at the very least looks to be more enjoyable than 13.

Funny thing is when I decided to pre order the game I wasn't even sure I'd like it. I signed up for the ultimate edition waiting list as I figured IF I did get one (fat chance) I could just sell it if the game ended up being complete shit. By the time I got my email I was convinced I'd like the game so I bought it.

I'm not saying it'll be the best FF EVAR (I still say thats FF9), but at the very least I'll be more enjoyable than 13 and that's all that really matters.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/bG1pQld.mp4 +1