Hacking A small thread on how to tell if you got an incomplete downgrade

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry to bum people. 2nd downgrade on a N3ds here. During the downgrade, i got the system error hold power button thingy. I saw on this thread that it meant an incomplete downgrade using safe syspudater. How can i fix it ? I thought i just re-run sysupdater and use downgrade again on same firmware, but i just wanna make sure if this is right way to proceed.

Why i think i got an incomplete downgrade other than that ?
1- Trying to boot reinand from homebrew result in black screen

Thanks people.

Last edited by androgynus,
D

Deleted User

Sorry to bum people. 2nd downgrade on a N3ds here. During the downgrade, i got the system error hold power button thingy. I saw on this thread that it meant an incomplete downgrade using safe syspudater. How can i fix it ? I thought i just re-run sysupdater and use downgrade again on same firmware, but i just wanna make sure if this is right way to proceed.

Why i think i got an incomplete downgrade other than that ?
1- Trying to boot reinand from homebrew result in black screen

Thanks people.

If it's a standard frankenfirm (9.2 native-firm), you'll need OOT/CN to fix it. Can you launch system settings or the borwser?
There's a downgrade checker on this forum if you're able to run HBL

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yes i am able to launch the system setting and browser. I also used two downgrade checker. One is telling me i succesfully downgraded with good native firm and all (downgrade-check-1.0) but the other one compare different files, and no one match the expected result.

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you're still able to run the browser and run homebrew, then I would think you should be able to try running sysupdater again to continue with the downgrade.

D

Deleted User

Yes i am able to launch the system setting and browser. I also used two downgrade checker. One is telling me i succesfully downgraded with good native firm and all (downgrade-check-1.0) but the other one compare different files, and no one match the expected result.

Doesn't sound like a frankenfirmware then. Run the attached downgrade checker. Sounds like you're running an old one.
It would help if you also posted the result (there's an option to dump the results to a text file on the SD)

Attachments

• downgrade_check.zip
    111.2 KB · Views: 206
D

Deleted User

Extra title is normal (amiibo since 9.2 didn't have that feature)

0004001b00018002 (is this file missing from your downgrade pack? It's for NNID services. version you have installed is from 9.3-9.5)
000400102002d100 (was this missing from your downgrade pack? It's should be v0, but you have a >9.3 version installed)
000400102002cf00 (same thing, expecting v1 and you have > 9.3
000400100002c000 (same thing, e-shop version, expecting a lower version)
0004001000021900 (eshop tiger - same thing)

The amiibo title is fine, though to be honest, you should relook at your downgrade pack. All 5 of those are newer versions than what should be installed. If you're able to run homebrew, you're on 9.2 native firm. Just grab the original sysupdater, the proper files you need in updates folder, and choose Y to downgrade them.

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ok. Original firmware of this N3DS was 9.4 so that explain what is wrong with those title i guess. I'll try again the downgrade i guess.

D

Deleted User

Just follow the directions above. Place those 5 CIA's in the updates folder and use the normal sysUpdater and choose Y to downgrade. They could've been in the updates folder and just not been applied when it crashed.

D

Deleted User

You don't have to, though it won't do anything if you leave them all there.

Just make sure those title 5 CIA's actually exist. Otherwise you aren't really accomplishing anything.

androgynus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok thanks gunner! Seems like it is what i needed to fix this. Now the only thing left i am questionning myself with is my emunand. Since i created my emunand from that previous sysnand. Should i create a new Emunand from that fixed sysnand or everything will be okay when updating emunand ?

D

Deleted User

Just update your emunand (confirm you're actaully in emunand first then go straight to system update (do not close system settings)) Since everything is likely 9.2-9.4, it will just update everything to 10.6 anyways.

vlisa

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey I have pretty much the same issue as Androgynus here. I'm posting my logs for consideration, but it's immediatly obvious the downgrade failed. Trying to downgrade again returns:

titleException:
main.cpp:148: Result: 0xD900182F
Failed to get CIA file info!
Do I just replace the updates folder with 10.3, update with sysupdater, and then redo the the whole downgrade process?

Attachments

• downgrade_check.rar
    2.5 KB · Views: 140

iwabo

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Reviving this thread because I don't want to start my own. Since playing around with my o3DS to get arm9 to work hit a dead end I decided to take a closer look at my n3ds again. It's working perfectly, 9.2 on sysNAND and 11.0 emuNAND at this point, no issues whatsoever. But running downgrade checker shows me that some files are not the expected 9.2 versions:

Code:
[MISMATCHED VERSIONS]

TitleID          Vers: Expected Installed     Description

0004009b00010402       04098    05122         N/A
0004001b00010802       00000    01024         N/A
0004013000001b02       02048    03073         GPIO system-module
0004013000001a02       05120    06145         DSP system-module

Also had the extra amibo settings title but I just removed that using FBI. Now my question is if I could just replace these files using FBI as well, deleting those titles and then install the expected versions. I don't want to take the risk of running another downgrade on sysNAND though. I didn't even get any errors back when I downgraded it from 10.3 so it confuses me how those mismatched versions could happen. Seeing how at least two of them are described as system-modules I'm hesitant to just replace them using FBI unless I know for sure I can do that without having to worry.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Reviving this thread because I don't want to start my own. Since playing around with my o3DS to get arm9 to work hit a dead end I decided to take a closer look at my n3ds again. It's working perfectly, 9.2 on sysNAND and 11.0 emuNAND at this point, no issues whatsoever. But running downgrade checker shows me that some files are not the expected 9.2 versions:

Code:
[MISMATCHED VERSIONS]

TitleID          Vers: Expected Installed     Description

0004009b00010402       04098    05122         N/A
0004001b00010802       00000    01024         N/A
0004013000001b02       02048    03073         GPIO system-module
0004013000001a02       05120    06145         DSP system-module

Also had the extra amibo settings title but I just removed that using FBI. Now my question is if I could just replace these files using FBI as well, deleting those titles and then install the expected versions. I don't want to take the risk of running another downgrade on sysNAND though. I didn't even get any errors back when I downgraded it from 10.3 so it confuses me how those mismatched versions could happen. Seeing how at least two of them are described as system-modules I'm hesitant to just replace them using FBI unless I know for sure I can do that without having to worry.
This is normal as the N3DS pack doesn't have these files since they weren't updated in 9.2. Just take these titles from a 9.2 O3DS pack. Launch FBI, remove a title, then immediately install the expected version without going back to the Home Menu.

Last edited by SomeGamer,
Reactions: iwabo

Robika

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys! I may have a partial downgrade. Here is my case. I did a system transfer from a O3DSXL 11.2.0-35E to my N3DS 11.2.0-35E. Downgraded it with fieldrunners to 10.4 and then did the downgrade to 9.2.0-20E with steelhax. Now my problem is that eversince then I can't access any hax. A member of this forum suggested it may be the case of a partial downgrade. But I didn't get any errors on the process and everything on my N3DS works fine. System Menu camera browser etc etc. I tried Browserhax, steelhax and basehax. All gave me an error message. Could it be a bad downgrade? After the 11.2 downgrade I checked and The kernel was ok.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, https://youtu.be/9FcXxqthgUM?feature=shared&t=169