A Nintendo Direct on 02/13/2014 is happening

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
To be fair, a lot of the names are kind of shitty, but they've maintained since the super shitty XIII, so there wasn't a lot that could be done while staying in the same world with the same main protagonist. Regardless, Final Fantasy is making a very reasonable move towards a total action RPG system. With XV, hopefully all the kinks of the past, oh, decade or so, are finally worked out. That, and as long as XV doesn't have a super terrible story, I'll be content.

I think the problem was with the character and not the name per se. z.z
Well, I didn't like any of the FFXIII games, I tried them but ugh... Couldn't really enjoy them.

Reactions: the_randomizer

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Just looked at the games announced. Looks like my 3DS will continue collecting dust.
next month yoshi island is out so mine will get some use with that...for a week or 2 than it's back on the shelf :P

i'd love to be able to play RF4 but cos some idiot in japan decided to keep the outdated backward region codes...so i can't! :hateit:

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well at least we are getting NES Remix 2 with an awesome games list this time. I loved the concept of the first one, but most of the games picked werenobodies first choice, thats for sure. Day 1 for sure.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
So glad I decided to sell my 3DS, it just doesn't interest me anymore, like, at all. Nothing about its games will persuade me to get one again either,
Ditto. Honestly, when I say the Vita is better in terms of handhelds, it's legitimate criticism of the 3DS. The Vita has access to the best PSP games, some of the best PS1 games, great indie games, and has some really stellar games itself with more coming. It's like what the 3DS could be if Nintendo paid attention to their Virtual Console, or if they cared to secure third party support. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't seem to realize this and blindly buy into the 3DS, despite the fact that Nintendo's release schedule has so many blank spots that there is really nothing to do with it most of the time.

In the handheld console war, Sony has legitimately gotten shafted by brand loyalty. It's encouraging to know that, at the least, the PSP made a pretty great recovery in Japan and got some of the sales it also deserved (hell, I think it's still selling decently over there).

Of course, Sony isn't entirely without blame. Their marketing for the Vita is as nonexistent as Nintendo's marketing in general. Most people don't know why they should like a Vita because, unlike with Nintendo consoles, you don't automatically know the general selection of games that will be available for it. As well, despite the fact that it can be understood why they're so high, the memory card prices are a real turn off for most people. Even I don't really want to invest in getting a card bigger than the 8GB one I have, despite the fact that it's not big enough for me to accommodate all of the games I would like to . Their pricing for their cards also follows no logical pricing in that you don't pay any less per GB at higher numbers than you do at lower numbers. I'm hoping that, if the Slim starts selling well, that perhaps, just maybe, memory card prices will start becoming more realistic, thus making the Vita more accessible for the average consumer.

Regardless, I'm sure the Vita will end up like the PSP in that it will kinda skirt by for most of its life, and will proceed to do well in Japan long after most thought it was dead.

Reactions: GameWinner

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to wonder if you guys are just picky about games. I've had a new game to play every month of last year for the 3DS. I can't say the same for WiiU though due to not owning one.

Same was true for PSP and DS when I had those.

GameWinner

Take your heart
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm starting to wonder if you guys are just picky about games. I've had a new game to play every month of last year for the 3DS. I can't say the same for WiiU though due to not owning one.

Same was true for PSP and DS when I had those.
Not really picky. Just not interested.
I think the Vita has more games that interest me for this year.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ditto. Honestly, when I say the Vita is better in terms of handhelds, it's legitimate criticism of the 3DS. The Vita has access to the best PSP games, some of the best PS1 games, great indie games, and has some really stellar games itself with more coming. It's like what the 3DS could be if Nintendo paid attention to their Virtual Console, or if they cared to secure third party support. Unfortunately, a lot of people don't seem to realize this and blindly buy into the 3DS, despite the fact that Nintendo's release schedule has so many blank spots that there is really nothing to do with it most of the time.

In the handheld console war, Sony has legitimately gotten shafted by brand loyalty. It's encouraging to know that, at the least, the PSP made a pretty great recovery in Japan and got some of the sales it also deserved (hell, I think it's still selling decently over there).

Of course, Sony isn't entirely without blame. Their marketing for the Vita is as nonexistent as Nintendo's marketing in general. Most people don't know why they should like a Vita because, unlike with Nintendo consoles, you don't automatically know the general selection of games that will be available for it. As well, despite the fact that it can be understood why they're so high, the memory card prices are a real turn off for most people. Even I don't really want to invest in getting a card bigger than the 8GB one I have, despite the fact that it's not big enough for me to accommodate all of the games I would like to . Their pricing for their cards also follows no logical pricing in that you don't pay any less per GB at higher numbers than you do at lower numbers. I'm hoping that, if the Slim starts selling well, that perhaps, just maybe, memory card prices will start becoming more realistic, thus making the Vita more accessible for the average consumer.

Regardless, I'm sure the Vita will end up like the PSP in that it will kinda skirt by for most of its life, and will proceed to do well in Japan long after most thought it was dead.

If the PS Vita ever gets hacked (non PSP mode, but full kernel access to more powerful emulation would be mighty nice), maybe, just maybe, but as for now, I'm on the fence, well that, and I found my old DS Lite and still works, now that's a handheld I enjoyed a lot, and still do, I liked the game a lot more on there than I do the 3DS :P But for sure, the memory card prices for the Vita are astronomically high and I can't justify it, but with the PS Vita Slim, that might help curtail the pricing a bit.

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
they mentioned the release date of all the games they shown (or at least the year), except for Monolith Soft's X
I hope it's not pushed back to 2015

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

Zanark11

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It isn't the compilation.
What will reach the US is the first DS game slightly enhanced for the 3DS. Same as the european version that was just put on the eshop. It is not the compilation.

I saw that,and it is a just the beginning, I hope. I'm a little worried with the sells because I played the JP and EU versions but I will buy, and some of us that like Inazuma will not buy a game that you already played, it was better if was tha compilation, hope to Nintendo and L5 to bring all IE classic and IE GO! Games for 3DS to USA

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I saw that,and it is a just the beginning, I hope. I'm a little worried with the sells because I played the JP and EU versions but I will buy, and some of us that like Inazuma will not buy a game that you already played, it was better if was tha compilation, hope to Nintendo and L5 to bring all IE classic and IE GO! Games for 3DS to USA

The thing is, Inazuma Eleven has been released as an early series in Europe, it wouldn't make sense of be very fair of them to suddenly release the compilation with all the games of the first series. If they do release them in the US, at most it'll be like in Europe and you'll need to wait a year for the next one.

Seeing as Team Ogre just got released over here this week, I'm guessing that Inazuma Go will prolly be announced over here sometime later this year, probably during Summer. I also dunno for sure, but I think that Inazuma Eleven will only be digital over there (since the one they put up on the eshop over here was the enhanced version and it's price was really low, being only 17€ (something around 23$). It's a good thing that the game got released there, but don't expect too much so soon.

Zanark11

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The thing is, Inazuma Eleven has been released as an early series in Europe, it wouldn't make sense of be very fair of them to suddenly release the compilation with all the games of the first series. If they do release them in the US, at most it'll be like in Europe and you'll need to wait a year for the next one.

Seeing as Team Ogre just got released over here this week, I'm guessing that Inazuma Go will prolly be announced over here sometime later this year, probably during Summer. I also dunno for sure, but I think that Inazuma Eleven will only be digital over there (since the one they put up on the eshop over here was the enhanced version and it's price was really low, being only 17€ (something around 23$). It's a good thing that the game got released there, but don't expect too much so soon.

I agree with you but if they use eShop it will easier to bring all IE classic games, I believe(and hope) to see all IE classic games in USA this year and in the end of 2014 the Inazuma Eleven GO! for USA and EU in a retail copy

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I agree with you but if they use eShop it will easier to bring all IE classic games, I believe(and hope) to see all IE classic games in USA this year and in the end of 2014 the Inazuma Eleven GO! for USA and EU in a retail copy

Hum... Seems like what I'm trying to say isn't really getting across. z.z
Given how it's an ongoing game series, it's not a smart thing to release all the games at the same time, from your point of view, it'd be great if they'd release all the games at the same time, however that wouldn't be as profitable as waiting a while before releasing a new game. A lot of people were saying that Ogre wouldn't be released in Europe and I was expecting it to be, since they would more likely wait before releasing it, kind of how Pokemon used to have three versions, being the third version released later for an increased profit.

The first game in the US will more likely be a 'testing the waters' of sorts from what I believe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9