A lot of lag when playing PSP games on Adrenaline

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
You essentially just use the plugins that are useful to you, that's it.

Great as the Vita is, and I have the OLED model which I always wanted, I don't actually make use of. Then again, I've not boot up any of my other gaming consoles (PS2, PS3, 360, 3DS, DS Lite, Wii) either (plenty of kids would love to have all these consoles sitting here).

I did purchase a 512MB GCN Memory Card (arrives about 2-3 weeks time) so that should motivate me to play the games I want and never finished (Mario Sunshine).

Do you also have this issue regarding plugins appearing out of nowhere?

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Sorry, dude, can't help ya.

I don't use my Vita anymore so I'm just going to sell it and be fine with it.

Do you know how to run PS1 games on OPL?

EDIT: I created an issue in AutoPlugin II's GitHub repository and the developer answered me and released a new version that no longer installs plugins regarding Catherine Full Body, Persona 4 Golden and Vira Nearest Neighbour when installing plugin updates.

Last edited by Windows_10_User,

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
PS Vita's/PS TV's standalone ARK-4 often crashes in the "ChovySign" part with a C1-2858-3 error message after installing ARK-4 via the new FasterARK method and running it, and when it doesn't, it frequently crashes with a C1-2858-3 error message when running PSP ISOs.

KelSolaar

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I installed ARK via the new FasterARK method and it's freezing the PS TV and ARK is crashing with the C1-2858-3 kernel error.

I had that issue as well but I got it to work. I first deleted Adrenaline. It seems lke clashes with it. I then downloaded an older version of Ark. And it worked.

Windows_10_User

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I had that issue as well but I got it to work. I first deleted Adrenaline. It seems lke clashes with it. I then downloaded an older version of Ark. And it worked.

I thought so but before running PS Vita's standalone ARK-4 I also tried deleting Adrenaline before installing ARK-4 and I also tried different versions of PS Vita's standalone ARK-4. I'll delete ARK-4 and reinstall Adrenaline.

EDIT: After reinstalling ARK-4 via the FasterARK method, I have the previous issue if ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" is set to "Always". I'll set it to "Disabled" and delete Adrenaline and its plugin installed via AutoPlugin II. This new FasterARK method unlike the previous FastARK one doesn't install the Sasuke vs. Commander game if no PSN game/demo is installed and doesn't require a PSN game/demo (like Ape Quest's demo) to be installed before being run as well.

EDIT 2: After making a clean ARK-4 install in my PS Vita and PS TV via the FasterARK method and running VitaShell, I have a C2-12828-1 error message. If clicking "OK", the PS Vita and the PS TV freeze with a black screen. If I access Safe Mode to restart them or rebuild their database, they have spinning white dots until they freeze. I have no choice but to restore them from Safe Mode, to jailbreak them and to reinstall all my games and homebrew. I'm tired of ARK-4's developers' incompetence. As if this wasn't enough, now FasterARK installs an app to run PS1 games called ARK-X and a plugin called ps1cfw_enabler and users can't even refuse them. I deleted the former and uninstalled the latter via AutoPlugin II (and deleted FasterARK as well). Also, even though PS Vita's standalone ARK-4 reads more PSP EBOOT.PBP games and DLC than Adrenaline, it mightn't still read all of them without plugins' help, like npdrm_free/npdrm_free_mod and/or nploader/nploader_mod. This/these plugin/s must be manually downloaded and set.

EDIT 3: After restoring my PS Vita and PS TV and jailbreaking them, I have the same problem. A new PS Vita standalone ARK-4 version was released and yet it also causes this issue.

EDIT 4: Finally, the issue was fixed after a new PS Vita standalone ARK-4 release. I'll still have to reinstall all my games and homebrew on the PS Vita and PS TV, though. I don't get why PS Vita's ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" is set to "Always" by default when it causes said issue.

EDIT 5: I'll stop clicking the PS5's external HDD's power strip's switch overnight because after doing it next time, the HDMI switch (which isn't even connected to the power strip but to the TV via USB cable [and HDMI cable]), the set-top box and sometimes (which I find it odd) the PS TV automatically turn on afterwards.

Also, it seems the PS5's external HDD is making a second noise even with the PS5 turned off and I have to click its power strip's switch or take its power cord to stop it as well.

EDIT 6: I might take the PS5's external HDD's power cord from the external HDD's power input from now on to stop these noises even if playing PS4 games on the PS5 will take longer since it will take some time to recognize the external HDD to load the PS4 games on it or to recognize the external HDD to install new PS4 games to it.

EDIT 7: Now FasterARK is installing another plugin against my will (arkrightanalog). Wtf? I uninstalled it.

EDIT 8: By the way, here's my current PS Vita's plugin configuration:

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm_un.skprx
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_kern.skprx
ur0:tai/noavls.skprx
ur0:tai/nosleep.skprx
ur0:tai/reAuth.skprx
ur0:tai/staybright.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
ur0:tai/henkaku.suprx
ur0:tai/nolockscreen.suprx
ur0:tai/shellbat.suprx
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
*ALL
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_user.suprx

Here's my current PS TV's plugin configuration:

# This file is used as an alternative if ux0:tai/config.txt is not found.
# For users plugins, you must refresh taiHEN from HENkaku Settings for
# changes to take place.
# For kernel plugins, you must reboot for changes to take place.
*KERNEL
ur0:tai/storagemgr.skprx
ur0:tai/0syscall6.skprx
ur0:tai/nonpdrm_un.skprx
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_kern.skprx
ur0:tai/reAuth.skprx
# henkaku.skprx is hard-coded to load and is not listed here
*main
# main is a special titleid for SceShell
*NPXS10015
# this is for modifying the version string
*NPXS10016
# this is for modifying the version string in settings widget
*ALL
ur0:tai/NoPspEmuDrm_user.suprx

EDIT 9: After reinstalling ARK-4 via the FasterARK method and running it, ARK-4 sometimes freezes in the "ChovyProject" part with a C1-2858-3 error message, and when running PSP ISOs, it sometimes has a black screen for some seconds until it crashes with a C1-2858-3 error message. I have this issue if ARK-4's "Memory Stick Speedup" is set to "Always" (it's set as such by default). I'll set it to "Disabled".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto