Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
kuschel-drow.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Gambia, The
All right, I just received my SCDS2 today and I'm quite confused now...

I get teh plugin system, and it says that folders, which belong to the .nds files have to be put on the root of the card. So far...

But what about games? Like NDS games, SNES games, GBC games for Lameboy or GBA games? Where shall I put them?
Can I put them into a folder namend NDC GBC GBA and SNES or do I have to put them into the plugin folder too?

And where to put EOS skins or Moonshell2 skins? (Been using Moonshell 1.71 on my M3 until now, didn't like tne appearance of MS2 actually... xD)

Where should I place the cheatfile for the gba games? (The official website said the M3 GBA cheatfile should work... ^^)
And what cheatfile should I use for NDS games, and where to put it? >.

SpaceJump

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The roms for the emus like Lameboy can be put anywhere on the SD. The same goes for your NDS roms. The exception is the GBA emu. The GBA roms have to be in the NDSGBA/gamepak folder and the GBA cheats into NDSGBA/gamecht.

The DS cheatfile goes into the _dstwo folder.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Firstly - the questions are not dumb.

2nd:- 'Spacejump' is partly correct about the GBA roms, since the emulator does look in that folder when you first start it, but you can actually place the GBA games in any folder (I myself have a 'GBA Games' folder on my root) - the GBA cheats do have to be in the 'NDSGBA/gamecht' folder

3rd:- The eos skins are found in '/_dstwo/ui/' folder (you'll see a 'pink' and 'silver' folder there already - find more skins here), while Moonshell skn files can be placed anywhere you like - start Moonshell up,browse & select your chosen skn file & the skin will change

4th:- Updated NDS cheat files can be found @ http://cheats.gbatemp.net/Temp/

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks!
Got it working so far... Moonshell doesn't start up at all... always tells me I should reformat my SD... Using my old 1.71 now and everything's okay.

I wonder why LemmingsDS has its own plugins icon if you can't start it else but through the Lemmings folder itself... >.

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
i have added cheats to one gba game. i have loaded the cheat file, but i can't seem to turn it on? i have pressed all the buttons but i can't seem to activate it?
I have this exact same problem with all of my GBA cheats
unsure.gif

I do find that a few homebrew actually work with the folder inside the /dstwoplug folder such as mario paint and still alive DS

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's not what I mean... ^^
I got LemmingsDS AND the plugin files for it. I copied the config file to the root of my card, lemmingsds_dldi.nds is in the folder called LemmingsDS - and if I try to put it into the _plugins folder it won't work. Doesn't matter if the folder with all the graphics and stuff is in the root directory or in the plugins folder too, the nds file MUST be in the LemmingsDS folder, otherwise it tells me that the folder structure that it needs is not met and that I have to change it and reboot.

I even tried to put all the folders inside the LemmingsDS folder AND the .nds file into the plugins folder, it doesn't work...

Am I missing something...? >.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Terminator02 said:
jalaneme said:
i have added cheats to one gba game. i have loaded the cheat file, but i can't seem to turn it on? i have pressed all the buttons but i can't seem to activate it?
unsure.gif

I do find that a few homebrew actually work with the folder inside the /dstwoplug folder such as mario paint and still alive DS

i found it out myself, you have to load the cheat file, then highlight the cheat code and press right on the d pad to turn it on and left on the d pad to turn it off.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Kuschel-Drow said:
Yes, everything does match...
But I can only start Lemmings as long as everything is in a folder called LemmingsDS, including the nds file (only the config file is in the root directory of my card.)
that's weird - I've just tried & it works fine - no alterations at all

LemmingsDS folder in root
LemmingsDS_config.txt in root
LemmingsDS_dldi.nds/bmp.ini in '/_dstwoplug/' folder

Here's proof

Oh before I forget- this is on a DSi as well

@alidsl: FYI - the plugin is 'LemmingDS_dldi.bmp'/'LemmingDS_dldi.ini' to match the name of the Lemmings download ('LemmingsDS_dldi.nds')
I did it that way so that people didn't have to much about with renaming etc & making possible mistakes

Terminator02

ヽ( 。 ヮ゚)ノ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jalaneme said:
Terminator02 said:
jalaneme said:
unsure.gif

i found it out myself, you have to load the cheat file, then highlight the cheat code and press right on the d pad to turn it on and left on the d pad to turn it off.
omg i'm stupid, I was clicking on the cheat and it wouldn't let me check the box, but if I just stay on the list and click left/right it does it... what's the point of even being able to go to that screen when you click????

anywayzzz, when I go to my pokemon cheats list while playing it and try to go to the second page the whole DS just freezes...

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
omg... ^^
Finally it works... It just didn't show the icon so I didn't notice that Lemmings DS was on the list... Got the icon back now and everything's fine.
biggrin.gif

Does anybody know if the GBA emulator will be developed further or not? Unfortunately I got 4 games that wouldn't run for heavens sake, would be very nice to see them work eventually.

CannonFoddr

Regular GBATemp Lurker
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Kuschel-Drow said:
Does anybody know if the GBA emulator will be developed further or not? Unfortunately I got 4 games that wouldn't run for heavens sake, would be very nice to see them work eventually.
Can't see why not, although I think the SC team will most probably continue work on developing the eos and trying to get the other missing apps done first

- What's the 4 games BTW ????

Just to check - have you heard about the 'game_config.txt' file for GBA emulator ???
- this is a text file that helps the GBA Emulator run several games that don't normally work (Kirby Nightmare was one such game)

It is mentioned in the DSTwo FAQ thread under the 'GBA Emulation' spoiler

Kuschel-Drow

OP
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yeah, heard of it and got it... At least I thought so. But while looking up some stuff I noticed that my game_config.txt looked kinda strange compared to the one I needed, then found the donwload link to the .rar file and tried that.
biggrin.gif

And see... it works!

The games were: Tales of Phantasia (works perfect now)
Shining Soul (works perfect now)
Shining Soul II (works perfect now)
Golden Sun II (Well... can't notice a change, even trying the (U) version of the game... it's terribly laggy, and what's most annoying, the music's glitchy too... Very sad that such a good game isn't playable. I mean okay it is if you disable the sound, but I truly love this game WITH all sounds ^^)

I'd really love to see GSII running. Golden Sun does, doesn't even lag during battles like it said in the emu topic. oO*

So far...
smile.gif

DeltaBurnt

I'm bored
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Kuschel-Drow said:
Yeah, heard of it and got it... At least I thought so. But while looking up some stuff I noticed that my game_config.txt looked kinda strange compared to the one I needed, then found the donwload link to the .rar file and tried that.
biggrin.gif

And see... it works!

The games were: Tales of Phantasia (works perfect now)
Shining Soul (works perfect now)
Shining Soul II (works perfect now)
Golden Sun II (Well... can't notice a change, even trying the (U) version of the game... it's terribly laggy, and what's most annoying, the music's glitchy too... Very sad that such a good game isn't playable. I mean okay it is if you disable the sound, but I truly love this game WITH all sounds ^^)

I'd really love to see GSII running. Golden Sun does, doesn't even lag during battles like it said in the emu topic. oO*

So far...
smile.gif

Golden Sun Lost Age isn't that horrible. You can always turn the CPU frequence and frame skip up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @mthrnite, Cheetah Girls, the sequel to Action 52's Cheetah Men.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Pokemon Black I played that one a lot
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Honestly never messed with Pokémon on ds much
  • mthrnite @ mthrnite:
    I played pokemon once, was bored, never tried again
    Oh Dragon Quest IX
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spent like 5 hours on switch one never touched it again
    Sentinel of the stary skies
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds is 20 years old this year
    So MJ no longer wants to play with it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He put it down when the 3ds came out
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, RIP Felix does great videos on the PS3 yellow-light-of-death.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    Eventhough the New 3DS XL is more powerful, I still feel like the DS Lite was a more polished system. It's a real shame that it never got an XL variant keeping the GBA slot. You'd have to go on AliExpress and buy an ML shell to give a DS phat the unofficial "DS Lite" treatment, and that's the best we'll ever get I'm afraid.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Jayro, I don't see whats so special about the DS ML, its just a DS lite in a phat shell. At least the phat model had louder speakers, whereas the lite has a much better screen.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    They probably said "Hey, why not we combine the two together and make a 'new' DS to sell".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a DS Lite in a slightly bigger DS Lite shell.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not a Nintendo / iQue official product, it's a 3rd party custom.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nothing special about it other than it's more comfortable than the Lite
    for people with beefy hands.
    +1
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I have yaoi anime hands, very lorge but slender.
  • Jayro @ Jayro:
    I'm Slenderman.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I have hands.
    Veho @ Veho: +1