Hacking A hacked switch has the potential to DESTROY psp.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm not going to carry a bag for ~2 hours of game play.
If by handheld you mean that it can be held in your hands and played sure.
It's not really portable though. IMO anything that requires a bag is not practical as a portable form of entertainment. If I'm carrying a bag, It's going to be my gaming laptop's bag. My gaming laptop being an incredibly powerful gaming device that demolishes Switch in both content and power.
I always have my laptop with me but it is a programming laptop aka Linux + no graphic cards so having the switch in my bag would be handy, plus what mater isn't the specs but the users experience

Reactions: Gregora

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

I'm not your search engine.

Not being able to maintain 30 fps on your system seller is pretty bad. But fanboy away, you Nintendo and Apple fanboys can enjoy your crap hardware as far as I care.

Those kind of tests are not really what you expect for a portable gaming device, those are expected for cell phones that normally go everyday in your pocket with keys because you are careless, and actually need to withstand this.
Take into consideration for example the 3DS, a very strong, succesful, and resistent handheld that withstood the test of time, or if you wish any of its predecessors.
Now, take a 3DS and do a typical smartphone scratch resistence test on the screen with your typical tools for sharpness 1 to 7. And cry. Because it is not intended to be treated like that.

DBlaze

I don't know what i'm doing.
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
1. You're comparing a Switch to a PSP. Really? It'd be even hardly fair to compare it to the Vita.
2. Eventually when it will get homebrew and inevitably emulators, PS1 wise I can not imagine it running anywhere near as good as the PS1 thing on PSP.
3. To me, the portability of the switch is debatable, I don't consider it portable if I have to put it in a bag to take it with me. And that's because I don't like walking around with bags.

These threads always look like someone trying too hard to justify why they bought something under a veil of "i'm just so happy and excited!".
Yes, great. Nintendo is incompetent when it comes to any sort of security in their consoles making exploits easy and eventually leading to homebrew happening, and thus emulators. But jesus christ calm down with the comparisons.

Reactions: StrHkr

happydance

Trophies
XP
Country
the PS Vita's scene is essentially non-existent when compared to the bustling PSP scene of yesteryear.

vita scene is bustling with homebrews that are not emulators and homebrew aiding piracy since they can't basically pirate new games now (yeah kinda surprising there still new games)
Maybe because of the gekihen homebrew contest that there are a lot of homebrew being made for it.

on the topic at hand sure the switch is powerful, if fully hacked, homebrew will come if there are enough interest. Being a Nintendo product there is no shortage for that.

Shikkichu

A little Pika girl~
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Not being able to maintain 30 fps on your system seller is pretty bad. But fanboy away, you Nintendo and Apple fanboys can enjoy your crap hardware as far as I care.

I personally love Nintendo, however I don't generally support their practices, I just like their games. c:

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Im assuming no. Because if you were. you'd understand what this means for the potential "scene" of the Switch. The psp bar none had the best scene ever for a console. and why is that? because hacked the psp was a damn powerhouse.

The Switch has the ability to easily eclipse it. and that's exciting.

If you want to be excited then good for you, but predicting successful scenes is hard.

The PSP pandora battery and PS3 jailbreak dongles turned those scenes into what felt like an exclusive club for a while. If it's too exclusive (like the PS4 scene requiring a FW1.76 console), or not exclusive at all then it becomes boring.

The Switch could easily go the way of the PS4 if Nintendo successfully block all exploits before anything really materialises. Some people will buy a Switch now and leave it in the cupboard in case there is a future scene, but unless enough people do that then it won't sustain itself. In the mean time the 3DS and Vita scenes are relatively active still (if a little boring).

Personally I keep up to date with C64/PS2/PS3 & Wii scenes to varying degrees.

Last edited by smf,
D

Deleted User

So the first video, a durability test, is a man taking a razor blade to his system. What do you expect to happen?
All of those "launch problems" are rare and as many people have said are not exclusive to other console launches. Hell I would say PS4 had it worse at launch, broken disc drives etc. Zelda maintains 30fps just fine almost always, Ive put over 60 hours into it so I would know.

Try harder mate.

Last edited by ,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

If it happens, that would be sweet. The Switch has a gorgeous high-definition screen so games (if filtered) could make really good use of it. Shame that the Switch has a plastic than glass screen.

Yesterday I passed by a used games' store and they had Switch units on display, unsurprisingly, the screens of the Switches were with scuffs and scratches.

S

Saiyan Lusitano

So the first video, a durability test, is a man taking a razor blade to his system. What do you expect to happen?
All of those "launch problems" are rare and as many people have said are not exclusive to other console launches. Hell I would say PS4 had it worse at launch, broken disc drives etc. Zelda maintains 30fps just fine almost always, Ive put over 60 hours into it so I would know.

Try harder mate.
Damn. Watched that first video and it was a bit hard to stomach how much damage he did to the Switch though that's what his YouTube channel is about.

PSP = 50 euro

They can be even cheaper than 50€ nowadays.

Reactions: Alkéryn

chocoboss

Trophies
XP
Country
France
It depend where do you live.

50 euro is for good condition.
30 euro is bad condition ( scratch ... )
20 / 25 euro is for not working where I am

S

Saiyan Lusitano

It depend where do you live.

50 euro is for good condition.
30 euro is bad condition ( scratch ... )
20 / 25 euro is for not working where I am
Yeah, it comes down to the location/country. The Switch hacked would be an absolutely amazing gaming device.

ScarletDreamz

[Debug Mode]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here:
61I67mT6pPL._SL1000_.jpg

Here:
gpd-win_02.jpg

Here:
blue-gpd-screenshot0161-625x440.jpg

Here:
NVIDIA-JXD.jpg

Those can emulate the N64/PSP without hassle.

Reactions: Subtle Demise

V0ltr0n

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
in a perfect world i'd love for homebrew and emulators to come out. but for once, for developers to unitedly say: "fuck pirates!" and not make any backup loaders whatsoever. But I know that's just wishful thinking. I just really want Nintendo to Succeed with the Switch. I love this system.

>I would love emulators
>fuck pirates

Drops mic

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pissing in a pee bottle