Hacking A hacked switch has the potential to DESTROY psp.

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I'm not your search engine.

Not being able to maintain 30 fps on your system seller is pretty bad. But fanboy away, you Nintendo and Apple fanboys can enjoy your crap hardware as far as I care.

*looks back at PS4's and PS4 Pro's launch*

Anyway, maintaining a 30fps OPEN WORLD game that uses a rather complicated physics engine that affects practically everything including every blade of grass can take a huge toll on the hardware itself. It's impressive that it can maintain above 20fps when surrounded by so many tall grass moving about and bending towards the gust of wind and Link running on top of them all at once and having trees in the background as well as other stuff being shown clearly while keeping things as seemless as possible. And these things only happen in SPECIFIC AREAS with a lot of stuff going on. Most of the time, it's 30fps and plays great.

And the problems that are shown about any console in general are only rare occurences, anyway. So things like dead pixels, can't read disc, etc. only happen to a small amount of people. And it also depends on how well you take care of the console.

Last edited by NyaakoXD,

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell it can run ps2 and gcn. Of course provided a ps2 emulator gets working. With enough work I have no doubt they can run full speed ps2. Gcn has already been pretty much confirmed for virtual console AND it was running pretty much perfectly using the nvidia shield, so the switch will have no problems running these emulators provided devs put enough work into them.

Reactions: Gregora

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
citation needed! - lol i'm kidding. but is dolphin confirmed to run "flawlessly" on shield?

Also vc gc is still a rumor. until proven otherwise.

oh? I thought you were being a snarky bastard. - my mistake. moving on! lol

this is guaranteed. as nintendo will most likely make their own emulator. or reuse the code from the wii one.

the wii wasn't hardware emulation was it? I don't think so. not sure.

Didn't realize I already posted lol. But yes there's an article somewhere, testing dolphin emulation on the nvidia shield and it runs practically perfectly. Also when asked about gcn virtual console, Nintendo couldn't confirm anything but they stated they're "going in that direction" or some wording like that.

Also nothing against you but please don't ask for a source- it's easily google-able. I'm trying hard not to do stuff like that for others. It feels like babying them.

Last edited by Thirty3Three,
D

Deleted User

Here:
61I67mT6pPL._SL1000_.jpg

Here:
gpd-win_02.jpg

Here:
blue-gpd-screenshot0161-625x440.jpg

Here:
NVIDIA-JXD.jpg

Those can emulate the N64/PSP without hassle.
Ew Android

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for portable emulation.

I mean,
nvidia gpu.
many different controller adaptions/configurations.
awesome pick up and go of the switch. adapted to emulators alike!!!! would be so cool.

nuff said. this thing will probably run n64/psx. without even trying. and it will all be super easy to port too. if the information gathered is to be correct anyway.

in a perfect world i'd love for homebrew and emulators to come out. but for once, for developers to unitedly say: "fuck pirates!" and not make any backup loaders whatsoever. But I know that's just wishful thinking. I just really want Nintendo to Succeed with the Switch. I love this system.

And modded with emulators... this thing will be SO MUCH FUN.

Frankly I already find what a hacked 3DS to be capable of as more exciting than what a hacked PSP is capable of.

Reactions: TheCyberQuake

whateverg1012

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell it can run ps2 and gcn. Of course provided a ps2 emulator gets working. With enough work I have no doubt they can run full speed ps2. Gcn has already been pretty much confirmed for virtual console AND it was running pretty much perfectly using the nvidia shield, so the switch will have no problems running these emulators provided devs put enough work into them.

You sure about the PS2? It doesn't run well on the Nvidia Shield and AFAIK it's similar hardware? If PS2 and GCN run on this thing that'll be absolutely incredible tho.

Reactions: SonyNintendoGamer1

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You sure about the PS2? It doesn't run well on the Nvidia Shield and AFAIK it's similar hardware? If PS2 and GCN run on this thing that'll be absolutely incredible tho.
It's apparently easier to emulate according to what I've read. It's a lot less powerful than the GCN. However, I'm sure the Switch's architecture will play its part in how well it could run, but I can easily see it happening.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's apparently easier to emulate according to what I've read. It's a lot less powerful than the GCN. However, I'm sure the Switch's architecture will play its part in how well it could run, but I can easily see it happening.

PS2 is still a nightmare in some ways, all the VUs (vector units), etc, and the Gamecube, well, Dolphin can boot every single GCN game in existence.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
for portable emulation.

I mean,
nvidia gpu.
many different controller adaptions/configurations.
awesome pick up and go of the switch. adapted to emulators alike!!!! would be so cool.

nuff said. this thing will probably run n64/psx. without even trying. and it will all be super easy to port too. if the information gathered is to be correct anyway.

in a perfect world i'd love for homebrew and emulators to come out. but for once, for developers to unitedly say: "fuck pirates!" and not make any backup loaders whatsoever. But I know that's just wishful thinking. I just really want Nintendo to Succeed with the Switch. I love this system.

And modded with emulators... this thing will be SO MUCH FUN.
or... you could get a $250 honor 6x phone, and run all the emulators you want. we have bluetooth controllers.

APartOfMe

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...