Hacking A hacked switch has the potential to DESTROY psp.

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
There's a lot of assumptions made in the original post.

Technically, the PS Vita would of completely destroyed the PSP homebrew-scene in terms of potency of the hardware, yet despite having all the precursors for a potent homebrew scene, the PS Vita's scene is essentially non-existent when compared to the bustling PSP scene of yesteryear.

We shouldn't rule out that the above scenario could be possible for the switch.

D

Deleted User

Are you serious? My PSP can last 5 hours of decent use out and about and can actually fit in my pocket. I don't want to play N64 games when I'm on the bus id rather play something geared towards handheld.

You'll have to pry my PSP-3000 out of my cold dead hands before you get me to switch to some shitty overpriced nvidia shield with wiimotes taped to it.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are much better tablets than the switch. There are many good controllers.

A quality tablet will last significantly longer and emulate significantly more. Also, the wealth of android games trumps what will ever be available as homebrew.

The advantage to the switch is the first party titles and that will only be helped by hacking with piracy.
So if you simply mean you want the switch to be able to pirate games, I agree being able to pirate games on the switch will make it more valuable.

At this point for me personally, I'm sticking with my smartphone for mobile gaming and pc for home gaming. I do own a a9lh 3ds but it's not practical for mobile gaming IMO. The switch IMO wouldn't be practical for me as a mobile system, and it's garbage compared to any other home console of this generation(don't troll me it's just reality, spec wise the switch is weak as a home console.)

Last edited by AlexanderLS,
Reactions: Deleted User

Alkéryn

Moon Dweller ~
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There are much better tablets than the switch. There are many good controllers.

A quality tablet will last significantly longer and emulate significantly more. Also, the wealth of android games trumps what will ever be available as homebrew.

The advantage to the switch is the first party titles and that will only be helped by hacking with piracy.
So if you simply mean you want the switch to be able to pirate games, I agree being able to pirate games on the switch will make it more valuable.

At this point for me personally, I'm sticking with my smartphone for mobile gaming and pc for home gaming. I do own a a9lh 3ds but it's not practical for mobile gaming IMO. The switch IMO wouldn't be practical for me as a mobile system, and it's garbage compared to any other home console of this generation(don't troll me it's just reality, spec wise the switch is weak as a home console.)
But it is powerfull as a handheld

markehmus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
for portable emulation.
in a perfect world i'd love for homebrew and emulators to come out. but for once, for developers to unitedly say: "fuck pirates!" and not make any backup loaders whatsoever. But I know that's just wishful thinking. I just really want Nintendo to Succeed with the Switch. I love this system.

And modded with emulators... this thing will be SO MUCH FUN.

is it just me or is this not contradictory?
what 'emulator' plays an original cartridge or disk ?
it is okay to play games backed up from consoles as long as they are not for the console the game was made for ?

i dont care what the devs do , im thankful for all the effort they put into making all my consoles do more then the manufacturer intended

Last edited by markehmus,

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Wouldn't it make more sense to compare it favorably to vita? :blink: It's like saying my corvette could totally whip your Model T.

My personal feeling is it's going to be very difficult to keep hax on this thing with the way they have security set up on it.
(no cart saves, no proper browser, trustzone, etc.).

StrHkr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just want a PSP emulator on my Switch one day so I don't have to bring my 3DS and PSP everywhere (Yes I still love my PSP)

Last time I checked, the Switch doesn't run 3DS games.
So... yay, you don't need to carry a 3DS and a PSP anymore!

Instead, you can carry a 3DS and a Switch!

Reactions: Subtle Demise

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But it is powerfull as a handheld
I'm not going to carry a bag for ~2 hours of game play.
If by handheld you mean that it can be held in your hands and played sure.
It's not really portable though. IMO anything that requires a bag is not practical as a portable form of entertainment. If I'm carrying a bag, It's going to be my gaming laptop's bag. My gaming laptop being an incredibly powerful gaming device that demolishes Switch in both content and power.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are you serious? My PSP can last 5 hours of decent use out and about and can actually fit in my pocket. I don't want to play N64 games when I'm on the bus id rather play something geared towards handheld.

You'll have to pry my PSP-3000 out of my cold dead hands before you get me to switch to some shitty overpriced nvidia shield with wiimotes taped to it.
Not trying to be rude, but if you aren't even planning on buying the switch why bother entering this section of the forums. So far so I've seen you do is just hate on the console. Seriously why even waste you time in a section about a console you obviously don't care about.

D

Deleted User

Yeah the way this thing is built you could potentially do anything you wanted. Definitely am excited to see this thing broken.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah the way this thing is built you could potentially do anything you wanted. Definitely am excited to see this thing broken.
Built poorly you mean? With it's incredibly fragile screen, and numerous other issues.
Nintendo fanboys are officially as bad as Apple fanboys, You'll buy anything Nintendo produces, no matter how many issues it has.

D

Deleted User

Built poorly you mean? With it's incredibly fragile screen, and numerous other issues.
Nintendo fanboys are officially as bad as Apple fanboys, You'll buy anything Nintendo produces, no matter how many issues it has.
Well, I meant internally but ok. The Switch actually is built incredibly well on the outside now that you mention it. It has a premium look to it, a very nice and big screen and is actually very durable if you watch drop test videos. Also no the screen isn't fragile and wont shatter because its plastic. What are these numerous other issues though, I would love to hear them.

TheCyberQuake

Certified Geek
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a quick question, so actually own a switch to fairly judge it's build quality, or are you just assuming it to be poor build quality.
And as I told the other guy, why bother going through this forum section when you clearly aren't interested in the console.All you have been doing is peskering and belittling people for enjoying their switch.

Last edited by TheCyberQuake,
Reactions: UraKn0x and Bedel
D

Deleted User

Not trying to be rude, but if you aren't even planning on buying the switch why bother entering this section of the forums. So far so I've seen you do is just hate on the console. Seriously why even waste you time in a section about a console you obviously don't care about.
This isn't /r/NintendoSwitch/ , this is a public forum about gaming not your little echo chamber. I've been buying and using Nintendo products all my life, I am a general consumer and are free to talk about it as I see fit. Along side he's making a general statement (that involves also the PSP, a handheld I'm fond of) and I'm simply giving my take on it? If something isn't positive doesn't mean it shouldn't be there, refer to my first sentence.

Ignoring all that, every other thread is dead and I just click whatever seems interesting in the "Recent Content" section when I'm bored.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I meant internally but ok. The Switch actually is built incredibly well on the outside now that you mention it. It has a premium look to it, a very nice and big screen and is actually very durable if you watch drop test videos. Also no the screen isn't fragile and wont shatter because its plastic. What are these numerous other issues though, I would love to hear them.

I'm not your search engine.

Not being able to maintain 30 fps on your system seller is pretty bad. But fanboy away, you Nintendo and Apple fanboys can enjoy your crap hardware as far as I care.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It must be the 1st already
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    1st of what?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    may?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh yeah it's in September
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BakerMan, yea i think its different
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ok, because here it's in september, right before the fuckin school year starts
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    as to you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    How do you know if the night will be good when you're asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    because i didn't say i was asleep
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i said i was sleeping...
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    sleeping with uremum
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Even my mum slept on that uremum
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    yall im torn... ive been hacking away at tales of phantasia GBA (the USA version) and have so many documents of reverse engineering i've done
    I just found out that the EU version is better in literally every way, better sound quality, better lighting, and there's even a patch someone made to make the text look nicer
    Do I restart now using what i've learned on the EU version since it's a better overall experience? or do I continue with the US version since that is what ive been using, and if someone decides to play my hack, it would most likely be that version?
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    @TwoSpikedHands, I'll preface this with the fact that I know nothing about the game, but, I think it depends on what your goals are. Are you trying to make a definitive version of the game? You may want to refocus your efforts on the EU version then. Or, are you trying to make a better US version? In which case, the only way to make a better US version is to keep on plugging away at that one ;)
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
    TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands: I appreciate the insight!