Hacking A few questions regarding The Legend of Zelda - Breath of the Wild

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
how it that going to work as the 3gb is not an update it's files that are to speed up the load times in game that is why they are installed to the hdd. loadiine is already slower than hdd for loading stuff and BOTW requires the hdd to load the files at a reasonable speed so the game is going to have terrible load speeds on loadiine without the hdd install of the 3gb files. the load times are probably going to make the game near unplayable using loadiine without the 3gb hdd install.
It must be stored as one of those, unless they are coming out with a new update that allows extdata to be stored (similar to the 3DS), which could very well be the case.
However, what makes you think the 3GB will not be stored as an update? It makes the most sense that way.
Come on guys. If you only buy 1 game for the Wii u , please make it this one!
Nah. I'm buying it for Switch and pirating it for Wii U :P

Reactions: memomo

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It must be stored as one of those, unless they are coming out with a new update that allows extdata to be stored (similar to the 3DS), which could very well be the case.
However, what makes you think the 3GB will not be stored as an update? It makes the most sense that way.

I never said it would not be stored as an update I said it was not an update if you get what I mean lol.

JohnathanMonkey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Good deal :) I'm not a poster boy for anti-piracy or anything, my External drive would tell you that LOL.I just really think that when it comes to games that you are passionate about, you buy it, if it all possible.

Reactions: Shikkichu

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
no support nintendo with the Wii U
did you ever visited the eshop in the last times
Paper Mario Color Splash was the last Full Game " Release 7.10.2016 Europe "
and around "24.06.2016" are some Full Games, everything between and after this date is full with shit indie games where not really worth it, they must stop release daily shitty indie games or did anyone of you played " JACKPOT 777 " what the fuck is this shit hahahha
in my opinion nintendo gave a shit about the wiiu , back in the days i paid over 300€ for the wiiu but not for games like this
ok there are maybe some good games 10-20 that i really played
and when i take a look how much games ever released for the wii u for example i took a look in " wii u usb helper" and the app says 462 games available in europe and when i say 10-20 games worth it from 462 games this is a fucking joke what nintendo did to the wiiu users, i will buy a switch and zelda too but nothing for the fucking dust collector called "Wii u"

Last edited by moops44,
Reactions: MattKimura

Ghassen-ga

Trophies
XP
Country
Can you guys seriously not just buy even ONE GAME that has been anticipated for what... 3? 4 years now? and clearly has more than enough content to be worth the $60 (or equivalent) that it's priced at? I mean, I can kind of understand why people in Brazil and Australia would do it since Nintendo keeps dicking them over, but people from Germany, France, America, etc. can definitely afford this
No.

Reactions: AxlSt00pid

Amingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Thanks for your answer. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I was thinking that a loadiine version of the game could have all files in one place. However if the Wii U "thinks" that this is a disc-game it would "look" for the additional 3GB in the internal memory.

As for my original second question: Can I just perform an regular update to 5.5.1 and then apply the Brazilian Method and could this screw over my vWii in any way?

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for your answer. I guess we'll have to wait and see. I was thinking that a loadiine version of the game could have all files in one place. However if the Wii U "thinks" that this is a disc-game it would "look" for the additional 3GB in the internal memory.

As for my original second question: Can I just perform an regular update to 5.5.1 and then apply the Brazilian Method and could this screw over my vWii in any way?

Yes, it's totally safe and even recommended to update to 5.5.1! It can't screw over your vWii as you're in Wii U mode.
And the hacks are pretty safe as long as you don't download some random fw.img or being not careful with Coldboot Haxchi.

Reactions: zombiieh and Amingo

LinkBlaBla

This is Perfect!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi all,

recently new details about the Wii U version of Zelda: BotW have been revealed. I'm currently at FW 5.5.0 using loadiine GX2 to play my games from SD. This brings up a few questions:

• It has been announced that the Wii U version of BotW will need 3GB of internal memory. I think i never played/installed any Wii U game that required internal memory for game-content. Will this space be required to be free on the SD card in the case of loadiine or do you still need 3GB of space on your Wii U's internal memory?
I'm asking this because I barely got 3GB of free internal space but I know that save games for loadiine are also stored on SD (I also know that you can extend the internal memory with USB-storage but I'm not sure if this works with running games from loadiine).

• As i wrote I'm currently on FW 5.5.0. I assume that the game will require the newest FW 5.5.1 to run. I'm kinda out of the loop with the current state of Wii U hacking so I wonder what would be the best way to go about this. Can I update my exploited-FW somehow? Or do I just apply the latest official update and exploit again afterwards? I also read something about FW-spoofing if I remember correctly.
For the sake of easiness in the past I have been putting games marked "ready2play" or "loadiine ready" on my SD card and I assume those should be available for BotW as soon as the game comes out. Other than what I mentioned things with BotW should not be different compared to playing any other game through loadiine or am I forgetting something here?

Thanks for any advice!

Support the game be buying it!

Amingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Yes, it's totally safe and even recommended to update to 5.5.1! It can't screw over your vWii as you're in Wii U mode.
And the hacks are pretty safe as long as you don't download some random fw.img or being not careful with Coldboot Haxchi.

I guess I will update to 5.5.1 since BotW should at least require this FW to be run (this is speculation I know).

But switching to the Brazilian Method... I don't know. I'd have to reaquire all of my games, get a separate USB drive for them and would even have to move all of my loadiine saves with Saviine. Sounds like a lot of effort while so far Loadiine is working just fine (sure you have to go through your browser to get into HBC and Loadiine everytime but that really doesn't bother me).

Problem with buying the original copy is only having about 3,5 GB of free space on my Standard 8GB Wii U (This is whith all savegames removed and basically nothing installed, so the ~4,5 GB are entirely taken up by the system). Could be just enough for the game plus it's saves but could also be not enough.

Last edited by Amingo,

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I guess I will update to 5.5.1 since BotW should at least require this FW to be run (this is speculation I know).

But switching to the Brazilian Method... I don't know. I'd have to reaquire all of my games, get a separate USB drive for them and would even have to move all of my loadiine saves with Saviine. Sounds like a lot of effort while so far Loadiine is working just fine (sure you have to go through your browser to get into HBC and Loadiine everytime but that really doesn't bother me).

Problem with buying the original copy is only having about 3,5 GB of free space on my Standard 8GB Wii U (This is whith all savegames removed and basically nothing installed, so the ~4,5 GB are entirely taken up by the system). Could be just enough for the game plus it's saves but could also be not enough.

Yeah true, that's a lot of effort. An 8GB Wii U is nothing especially if 4GB is used for the NAND, OS, etc. So, you can decide to get a decent USB/HDD, or limiting yourself to less than 4GB games you want to use DLC and/or online.

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I'm planning to buy the BOTW Master Edition for Switch on launch, but I will not buy the switch itself until xmas I think, so I will try to pirate the wiiU version

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@OP:
First of all: Update your console! Do it through system settings and don't be afraid. However be sure to block updates again afterwards.
The reason Zelda's game disc is installing data to internal memory is that the world is f*cking big and loading times would be horrible otherwise so I definitely recommend you to install it via WUP installer to internal memory or USB instead of playing it with Loadiine from your SD card.
Also I have my doubts it would be compatible with Loadiine. Even Twilight Princess HD has some issues (skipped cutscenes and so on) and this big game might have some troubles with Loadiine. Even if it's just because Nintendo want it to. Although Xenoblade is running just fine with Loadiine as far as I know so who knows.
My absolute recommendation: Move everything that you currently have installed internal to USB and install this gem to your console for the best experience. If your Wii U has the color of an icebear then you're f*cked and must consider yourself satisfied with an USB installation.

Reactions: Amingo

Amingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm planning to buy the BOTW Master Edition for Switch on launch, but I will not buy the switch itself until xmas I think, so I will try to pirate the wiiU version

Thanks for your advice. I will update for sure. I got the 8GB version so an internal installation is no option. As I wrote above for the sake of lesser effort i'd like to keep things with Loadiine as is. Can I still go through the process of installing Zelda through WUP Installer on USB storage and afterwards put the stuff I need for Loadiine back on my SD? That would leave me with using Loadiine for most of my games but I could still run Zelda from Home Menu?

AmandaRose

Do what I do. Hold tight and pretend it’s a plan
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarnorth.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for your advice. I will update for sure. I got the 8GB version so an internal installation is no option. As I wrote above for the sake of lesser effort i'd like to keep things with Loadiine as is. Can I still go through the process of installing Zelda through WUP Installer on USB storage and afterwards put the stuff I need for Loadiine back on my SD? That would leave me with using Loadiine for most of my games but I could still run Zelda from Home Menu?
you don't need to remove loadiine for the USB method to work you can have both at the same time.

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I think you can use the both methods, Install BOTW through the brazilian method and keep all your actual games on Loadiine

Amingo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
you don't need to remove loadiine for the USB method to work you can have both at the same time.

I think you can use the both methods, Install BOTW through the brazilian method and keep all your actual games on Loadiine

This sounds great and I guess I will go that way. Now let's all hope that the game doesn't require another FW update. Otherwise I'd even consider getting an original copy of the game and a spare Wii U just for this (Which would still be way cheaper than buying a Switch plus the game). Thanks for all your help!

Last edited by Amingo,

Patodox

Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
I stopped using Loadiine when the loading times in TPHD makes me angry. I have a 8GB WiiU, I use a 320GB HDD with Y-cable, and I move it all to the brazilian method. Few weeks ago I purchase a DS game and installed Haxchi without problems. Now my USB is full of games and no loading times makes me mad XD

Antonio Ricardo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Can you guys seriously not just buy even ONE GAME that has been anticipated for what... 3? 4 years now? and clearly has more than enough content to be worth the $60 (or equivalent) that it's priced at? I mean, I can kind of understand why people in Brazil and Australia would do it since Nintendo keeps dicking them over, but people from Germany, France, America, etc. can definitely afford this

Thank you for your support.lol

Last edited by Antonio Ricardo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZbUuSmFgMo