Hacking A few questions about the E3 Flasher and Dual booting...

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
So I've been thinking about sending my PS3 to @Devin to get my PS3 downgraded and hacked but I'm a little torn between a few things...
1. I heard the E3 Flasher could dual boot 3.55 CFW and 3.70 OFW, is it possible to dual boot with 4.10 instead? Or is it strictly 3.70?
2. Also about the dual boot, I assume you need to have the E3 Flasher in order to maintain and load the two firmwares, yes? Someone told me you didn't but that doesn't sound right...
3. I've heard you get immediately banned if you use the PSN (SEN, whatever) Is it really an immediate ban?
4. Pros and Cons for having CFW?

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You can dual-boot into any two chosen Firmwares, there is no limitation as to which you choose.
You need the E3 Flasher connected to dual-boot, d'uh. It actually would be a hassle to *disconnect* it after the deed is done.
Your ACCOUNT gets immediatelly banned if you connect to PSN on CFW, so it's obviously not recommended. On OFW you should be safe and sound.

CFW = Homebrew, ISO Loaders, Customization - what else did you expect? :P

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
OP
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
You can dual-boot into any two chosen Firmwares, there is no limitation as to which you choose.
You need the E3 Flasher connected to dual-boot, d'uh. It actually would be a hassle to *disconnect* it after the deed is done.
Your ACCOUNT gets immediatelly banned if you connect to PSN on CFW, so it's obviously not recommended. On OFW you should be safe and sound.

CFW = Homebrew, ISO Loaders, Customization - what else did you expect? :P
Gotcha, the pros and cons thing was more of do the pros of having CFW outweigh the fact that you can't play online and you can't play newer games (without use of a dongle or patch). The reason I ask is because the PS3 is both mine and my little bros, and he doesn't want it hacked cuz he wants to play online and all that while I personally don't care.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well then you better teach your brother how to switch the switches correctly/store different settings on each firmware or else either of the accounts will go up in smokes. ;P

As far as I'm concerned, CFW > OFW on every platform ever made, really.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill