• Friendly reminder: The politics section is a place where a lot of differing opinions are raised. You may not like what you read here but it is someone's opinion. As long as the debate is respectful you are free to debate freely. Also, the views and opinions expressed by forum members may not necessarily reflect those of GBAtemp. Messages that the staff consider offensive or inflammatory may be removed in line with existing forum terms and conditions.

A dangerous blithering idiot was on TV last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Woah woah woah don't be using 'us' when you're doing neither.
that simultaneously burned and extinguished itself.
what a refreshing insult-not-an-insult.
no seriously I am not used to one statement both insulting and complementing me without a dash of sarcasm

Reactions: DarkFlare69

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
'Kansas official says man drank cleaner after Trump floated dangerous disinfectant remedy'

This is about the fourth headline like this that I've read, just since Trump's comment about injecting disinfectant. On the bright side, only people dumb enough to believe he's the messiah are likely to take his terrible advice on anything, but it goes to show that the president's words do have some impact on the public, regardless of how braindead any particular administration might be.

Reactions: Ricken

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
He is at it again...

If light, the sun, sets, it has a tremendous impact on it - heat and humidity - wipe it out, it doesnt live well with sun, sunlight...

All wrong.

Basically Covid-19 has a hard time staying airborn on its own (its too heavy), but if you have aerosol particles, like water vapor, it can attach to that and stay in the air for longer. If it rains (i.e. air entirely saturated with humidity) probably not.

More info here:
https://www.modbee.com/news/coronavirus/article242264371.html

In any case the correct information is - has some effect, we don't know yet how large. Has some effect also comes from people not sitting in tight spaces all day, which will also slow down the infection rate.

Also sunlight doesnt kill it.
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/news/...ght-does-not-kill-new-coronavirus/2931170001/

German newssources have to debunk it as well, even naming Trump, because of him promoting the theory.
https://www.deutschlandfunk.de/sonn...gen-covid-19.2850.de.html?drn:news_id=1124073 (german)

What happend in that broken thought process of Trumps is, that he read studies, that showed that sunlight (UV) would help to kill the virus on surfaces. Yet it was known very early on, that surface infections (you touch a door handle, then your face) are not as common with Covid-19 as first thought. Sunlight doesnt kill the virus on humans, in the air, or on your hands. *derp*

The sun, so powerful, very powerful - ly, *derp*, when it sets.

Last edited by notimp,

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Decision structures (people) around him are handling stuff, you can calm down. Currently the issue is Governors debating on when to reopen the economy while not necessarily being informed by data. :) Good news is, no one really listens to/depends on Trump..

And even in germany the debate circulates around 'we've given people only a little support (financial)' currently, because we cant blow too much in case of a second wave, .. Problems are similar around the world. And too little medical equipment cant be fixed that easily either

Trump himself follows an election campaign rhetoric script for their corona press conferences for about two weeks now. Nobody knows why. But let him... ;)

Think again...

And again...

notimp

Trophies
XP
Country
Laos
I saw those reports (in NY self poisoning cases doubled) and changed my mind afterwards.

Even as a symbol, he matters too much to people, so he has to take responsibility for what he says.

Last edited by notimp,

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
that simultaneously burned and extinguished itself.
what a refreshing insult-not-an-insult.
no seriously I am not used to one statement both insulting and complementing me without a dash of sarcasm

You're still contributing absolutely nothing. This time with a lot of waffle. Boring. Bye!

'Kansas official says man drank cleaner after Trump floated dangerous disinfectant remedy'

This is about the fourth headline like this that I've read, just since Trump's comment about injecting disinfectant. On the bright side, only people dumb enough to believe he's the messiah are likely to take his terrible advice on anything, but it goes to show that the president's words do have some impact on the public, regardless of how braindead any particular administration might be.

Yeah came here to post this.

"iT wAsNt A sTuPiD sUgGeStiOn!!!"

RyDog

Lazy Animal Crossing hacks
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're still contributing absolutely nothing. This time with a lot of waffle. Boring. Bye!

Yeah came here to post this.

"iT wAsNt A sTuPiD sUgGeStiOn!!!"
SS2.gif

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than constantly whine about politics?

Plasmaster09

Social Justice Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[Image of Waygeek's long comment history, consisting entirely of political comments that do nothing but insult other users, removed for reply brevity]
Don't you have anything better to do with your life than constantly whine about politics?
and this guy says I'm not providing any meaningful contribution lmao
like I agree with his opinions but man are there MUCH better ways to discuss... anything

DarkFlare69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
like I agree with his opinions but man are there MUCH better ways to discuss... anything
Nobody is on Wargeek's side, even people who share the same opinion. He's just a sad man who's deranged about Trump and sees everyone as the enemy, even his own side. That's why nobody comes to support him in this thread. It's pretty easy to see that everything he says is done out of hate, not a rational argument. Other people in this thread are able to argue both sides pretty well.

Reactions: RyDog

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I'm going to say about this shit is this. When the president of the United States makes even the mere suggestion that injecting household disinfectants could possibly cure this disease, stupid people are going to take him seriously and try it. It doesn't matter whether he said that they should get out there and do it or not. People are desperate, and they heard something that might work. From the goddamned president. It's like the hydroxychloroquine situation, where doctors seem to be hording the pills and prophylactically to the point that people who genuinely need the medication are struggling to get it, despite the fact that it doesn't do shit for covid-19.

Let me say this in a very plain and simply way. The President of the United States of America has to watch his mouth. His influence is absolutely insane. What he says, lots of people believe like it's the gospel truth without any fact checking . The words he uses matters. Anyone who says otherwise is ignorant and truly doesn't understand his position in the world.

And this is the fucking internet. Of course the first place people took it was drink bleach... It was literally the first thought that popped in my mind when I heard him say it.

FGFlann

Trophies
XP
Country
We are scraping the bottom of a barrel of nonsense. What's more dangerously influential than a president is national mass media. Taking a buffoonish question then repurposing it into a suggestion that you are 'being told to ingest household cleaners' is actual insanity. All of this is based on a lie to generate hype and anyone pushing it should be ashamed of themselves. Grow up.

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
*snipped obnixious screengrab*

Don't you have anything better to do with your life than to waste your useless time on earth posting dumbass screenshots, MAGA troll?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And you STILL ARE NOT CONTRIBUTING ANYTHING. It's impressive at this point. Make one singular statement. Commit to one statement on this topic. I know it's scary. But I dare you.

Also lmfao at clutching your pearls over insulting lying morons. Huge concern, really.

Nobody is on Wargeek's side, even people who share the same opinion. He's just a sad man who's deranged about Trump and sees everyone as the enemy, even his own side. That's why nobody comes to support him in this thread. It's pretty easy to see that everything he says is done out of hate, not a rational argument. Other people in this thread are able to argue both sides pretty well.

Says the racist homophobe with a thread history backing up the fact that he is a racist homophobe.

Last edited by Waygeek,

RyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't you have anything better to do with your life than to waste your useless time on earth posting dumbass screenshots, MAGA troll?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

And you STILL ARE NOT CONTRIBUTING ANYTHING. It's impressive at this point. Make one singular statement. Commit to one statement on this topic. I know it's scary. But I dare you.

Also lmfao at clutching your pearls over insulting lying morons. Huge concern, really.

Says the racist homophobe with a thread history backing up the fact that he is a racist homophobe.
Everytime you reply, I imagine you look like this
Screenshot_20200430-134754.jpg

Everyone here is somewhat civil and here you are crying over literally anything.

Waygeek

Trophies
XP
Everytime you reply, I imagine you look like this

Everyone here is somewhat civil and here you are crying over literally anything.

Gaslighting, the post. So strange that a MAGA troll would try to gaslight, right? It's very off-brand altogether. Might be the very first instance of this happening in the entire world.

RyDog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gaslighting, the post. So strange that a MAGA troll would try to gaslight, right? It's very off-brand altogether. Might be the very first instance of this happening in the entire world.
I don't even know what you're talking about now lol
I talk about one thing, and you just bring up something completely different.
Please change your avatar to this btw
Screenshot_20200430-134754.jpg

Edit: I just re read your post. You're saying that we're gaslighting you for saying Trump didn't say that?
That's what the media is doing. The media is gaslighting everyone saying that he said for us to drink bleach :rolleyes:

Last edited by RyDog,
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Keep current Gen consoles stock mod last gen imo