Hacking RELEASE A custom sysmodule for Atmosphere that allows writing to PRODINFO

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Like it said it is for security reason, you don't want someone else homebrew program to do malicious thing on your system, it has the power to write to cal0 that Atmosphere block.
I mean, Im new to the scene so my question was more like what do I delete? I got the backup prod info to a safe location and removed it from the sd. Do I also remove the kip file? Once done thats it? Im able to go online for homebrew?

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't play online, Incognito meant to block all communication from Nintendo server. As for HBG Shop you can use it to download games, Incognito work fine, I like it more than 90DNS.
oh no, im not going to try to play online. I just wanted to make sure that once I had my proinfo backups I was done with incognito? and then i could use the shop on emu nand.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh no, im not going to try to play online. I just wanted to make sure that once I had my proinfo backups I was done with incognito? and then i could use the shop on emu nand.

Well don't lose the prod.info backup that the incognito program make, that is your only backup if you don't have a NAND backup before modding the prod.info.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well don't lose the prod.info backup that the incognito program make, that is your only backup if you don't have a NAND backup before modding the prod.info.
I do have a NAND backup plus prodinfo. What do you mean by modding prod info though? you mean what incognito did? removing it?

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It change your serial number to like XAW000000000 , basically you can go online anymore if you lost the prod info of a nand backup.
oh okay which wouldnt be a problem since its just emu nand. (not that I plan on losing them) I did read about checking my serial. Where can I go look at that within the switch if thats possible?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh okay which wouldnt be a problem since its just emu nand. (not that I plan on losing them) I did read about checking my serial. Where can I go look at that within the switch if thats possible?

Emunand no, it effect Sysnand, for emunand you can just delete the emunand if you really mess it up.

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Emunand no, it effect Sysnand, for emunand you can just delete the emunand if you really mess it up.

But if you install incognito while in atmoshpere cfw , all your sysnand Info should remain untouch , Incognito would only make changes in your emunand, is this right ?

* Sorry if im wrong , total noob here looking to hack my unpatched switch soon, any general tips to remain unban ? (Was actually thinking of erasing wifi and activating airplane mode before creating emunand)

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But if you install incognito while in atmoshpere cfw , all your sysnand Info should remain untouch , Incognito would only make changes in your emunand, is this right ?

* Sorry if im wrong , total noob here looking to hack my unpatched switch soon, any general tips to remain unban ? (Was actually thinking of erasing wifi and activating airplane mode before creating emunand)
Thats exactly what I did.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I mean it effect Sysnand if the person lost their prodinfo backup and have no NAND backup, for emunand you can just toss the emunand and rebuild it worse case. There has been case people losing their prodinfo and can't go online ever again.

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I mean it effect Sysnand if the person lost their prodinfo backup and have no NAND backup, for emunand you can just toss the emunand and rebuild it worse case. There has been case people losing their prodinfo and can't go online ever again.

But your example applies if they install incognito to Sysnand right ?

If i Install incógnito to emunand ,even if i lose prodinfo, sysnand *should* be ok as we erase that info from emunand not sysnand.

Am i right ?

Thanks in advance

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But your example applies if they install incognito to Sysnand right ?

If i Install incógnito to emunand ,even if i lose prodinfo, sysnand *should* be ok as we erase that info from emunand not sysnand.

Am i right ?

Thanks in advance

Yes that is correct, as the NAND are seperate, what I meant is that people should be more worry if it apply to Sysnand, if they lost the prodinfo backup and has no prior NAND backup.

Wishi

Rareware Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes that is correct, as the NAND are seperate, what I meant is that people should be more worry if it apply to Sysnand, if they lost the prodinfo backup and has no prior NAND backup.

I see , i have see you giving answers on switch topics for a while now so let me thank you and all others that helps with these kind of doubts.

Can you please take a look at this 2 cases?

1)erase wifi networks / activate airplane mode before creating nand Backup (saving it in different locations) and create emunand then use emunand with airplane mode at all time.

2) erase wifi networks / activate airplane mode before creating nand Backup (and save it in different locations) and create emunand. Then install incognito to emunand (erasing those files that op recomends and keep a productinfo backup just because why not) and set up 90DNS alongside blocking nintendo urls/domains in my modem

The pro of the 2) would be to use online in homebrew apps and avoiding my family to somehow mess up something in wifi stuff.

Which way would you recommend the most ? Do you find any flaw or have extra tips/advices on my hacking plan ?

Also right now im not that sure of using autorcm , whats you opinion on it ?

Thanks you very much!

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I see , i have see you giving answers on switch topics for a while now so let me thank you and all others that helps with these kind of doubts.

1)erase wifi networks / activate airplane mode before creating nand Backup (saving it in different locations) and create emunand then use emunand with airplane mode at all time.

2) erase wifi networks / activate airplane mode before creating nand Backup (and save it in different locations) and create emunand. Then install incognito to emunand (erasing those files that op recomends and keep a productinfo backup just because why not) and set up 90DNS alongside blocking nintendo urls/domains in my modem

The pro of the 2) would be to use online in homebrew apps and avoiding my family to somehow mess up something in wifi stuff.

Which way would you recommend the most ? Do you find any flaw or have extra tips/advices on my hacking plan ?

Thanks you very much!
I read if you live in america you should use 90dns because the downloads are horrible and incognito is enough. Please shine some light in this. I currently did step 2 with just incognito. thank you

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks you very much!

As long you have incognito setup you don't have to worry about about that NAND connecting to the internet, I have seen people recommending removing network info prior to creating emunand, as people are worrying about connecting online. I mostly play on CFW switches, as I have a separate unit just for online stuff. You don't need 90DNS if you going to use incognito, I been only using Incognito on my units, keep in mind 90DNS is hosted in Europe and Australia so download speed would be slow, if using HBG shop, also that if the server goes down your system might download updates. There aren't a lot of homebrew require internet usage except like HBG Shop, the Homebrew app store, Kosmos updater etc.

AutoRCM is recommended if you want to preserve your fuse, if you have an unpatched unit you can get a mod chip (Trinket M0) fitted so it autoboot into cfw for you. As some people like to preserve their fuse even though they update to higher firmware, emunand is another alternative if you want to preserve your fuse, and just update your emunand, that what I am doing on one units that is on 3.0.2 sysnand but 8.1.0 emunand.

Christian Rosado

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long you have incognito setup you don't have to worry about about that NAND connecting to the internet, I have seen people recommending removing network info prior to creating emunand, as people are worrying about connecting online. I mostly play on CFW switches, as I have a separate unit just for online stuff. You don't need 90DNS if you going to use incognito, I been only using Incognito on my units, keep in mind 90DNS is hosted in Europe and Australia so download speed would be slow, if using HBG shop, also that if the server goes down your system might download updates. There aren't a lot of homebrew require internet usage except like HBG Shop, the Homebrew app store, Kosmos updater etc.

AutoRCM is recommended if you want to preserve your fuse, if you have an unpatched unit you can get a mod chip (Trinket M0) fitted so it autoboot into cfw for you. As some people like to preserve their fuse even though they update to higher firmware, emunand is another alternative if you want to preserve your fuse, and just update your emunand, that what I am doing on one units that is on 3.0.2 sysnand but 8.1.0 emunand.
How does AutoRCM preserve fuses? I thought fuses get burnt only when updating sys nands ofw

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does AutoRCM preserve fuses? I thought fuses get burnt only when updating sys nands ofw

If you update via Nintendo server it boot without the custom bootloader and use Nintendo own bootloader and end up burning your fuse, same case goes for if you have a system on a lower fuse count but higher firmware, booting into OFW without a custom bootloader you burn your fuse, with a higher fuse count and lower firmware it would refuse to boot on OFW without a custom bootloader like Hekate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!