Hacking A bit confused on what to do after installing 6.60 Pro B9

greedostick

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello, I am a little confused. I have searched the forums and I am still unsure what I need to do next. I followed the directions in this post for PSP-3000 running 6.60

http://gbatemp.net/threads/hack-every-psp-up-to-firmware-6-60.291169/

After installing Pro_B9 ProUpdate and the Flash Recovery I just get a message that says re-booting and the console reboots and I notice no changes. I was under the impression after installing ProUpdate I would be greeted by a new GUI, or desktop background or something to show it is installed correctly.

I am assuming I just need to install some emulators, and other applications but unsure what I need and where they go. Here is what I am looking to do....

I want to

1. Backup my PSP games so I can store them on my Memory Stick Duo so I don't have to carry them around, and use my Disc Drive more than needed.

2. Want to be able to play me SNES games on the go when I am not at home to play them.

3. Back up my PS1 games so I can play them on the go.

As far as backing up my PSP games I am unsure what application I need, and where to put it in my PSP folders. I DO NOT need a tutorial on ripping them. Just need to know what app I need and where it goes, and how to get it running.

As for the playing emulators, I do not need links to emulators, unless there is a good list of all the best ones. I just need to know where these go in my folders in my PSP, and where the actual ROMS go.

As for backing up my PS1 games I need to know the app that does this, or lets me boot them up on my PSP, and again where this goes and how to get it running. Also, I would like to know if I rip my Japanese imports if they will work on my English PSP-3000 Console.

I keep reading about something called CFW I think it was called. I am unsure if this is what I need. I was scared to install it because I was unsure if it would brick my PSP since I have ProUpdare B_9 installed.

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After installing Pro_B9 ProUpdate and the Flash Recovery I just get a message that says re-booting and the console reboots and I notice no changes. I was under the impression after installing ProUpdate I would be greeted by a new GUI, or desktop background or something to show it is installed correctly.

If you go to Settings>System Settings>System Information as illustrated in the guide you linked to, it should say something like 6.60 PRO B9 rather than just 6.60.

I am assuming I just need to install some emulators, and other applications but unsure what I need and where they go. Here is what I am looking to do....

Emulators and other applications generally go in PSP/GAME/APPLICATIONNAME, with a eboot.php and other files inside the folder. PSP ISOs go in a folder named ISO

I want to

1. Backup my PSP games so I can store them on my Memory Stick Duo so I don't have to carry them around, and use my Disc Drive more than needed.

Backing up UMDs: http://danganronpa.wordpress.com/2013/06/23/tutorial-acquiring-the-game/
Its was made for Danganronpa, but the general procedure should be the same for any umd.

2. Want to be able to play me SNES games on the go when I am not at home to play them.

Emulators: http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/Emulation_on_PSP
I would recommend using this, and copying and replacing the identically named files from the "latest version of the file", since the "latest version" doesn't seem to be the entire thing, and just the mod part.

3. Back up my PS1 games so I can play them on the go.

Follow this guide to convert them, and some games may require popsloader to be played correctly though.

As far as backing up my PSP games I am unsure what application I need, and where to put it in my PSP folders. I DO NOT need a tutorial on ripping them. Just need to know what app I need and where it goes, and how to get it running.

No apps or anything, just putting the ripped games in an ISO folder in the root of the memory stick will work.

As for the playing emulators, I do not need links to emulators, unless there is a good list of all the best ones. I just need to know where these go in my folders in my PSP, and where the actual ROMS go.

PSP/GAME/EMULATORNAME, where in place of EMULATORNAME can be anything, but its easiest to just leave it as the name. An eboot should be in the folder.
Where the roms go vary depending on the emulator, a lot of them will have a folder called roms or ROM when downloading them, but usually they accept roms from anywhere on the memory stick.

As for backing up my PS1 games I need to know the app that does this, or lets me boot them up on my PSP, and again where this goes and how to get it running. Also, I would like to know if I rip my Japanese imports if they will work on my English PSP-3000 Console.

Converted PS1 games go in the same place as the emulators, /PSP/GAME/xxx/, with at the very least an eboot inside.
Japanese imports should work, the PSP doesn't have region locking in games as far as I know, and they even sell Japanese games on non Japanese PSN.

I keep reading about something called CFW I think it was called. I am unsure if this is what I need. I was scared to install it because I was unsure if it would brick my PSP since I have ProUpdare B_9 installed.

CFW = Custom Firmware, Pro is a type of custom firmware

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1