Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Pizzaroo said:
It includes LIMB DANGLING ACTION! Just like DTL!

EDIT: This game seems the most awesome for almost infinite replay value!

QUOTE(iPikachu @ Dec 6 2008, 07:36 AM) just noticed its relased on fall 2009, aww.
whut happen if i wrote "pikachu"?!?!?!
*imagines a pikachu climbing up onto the tree and eating it*
om nom nom.
seems like the back ground is like umm
DTL backgrounds?

Seems like they're using the same engine from DTL.. and on the interview, the developer says they're going for a more simple look, so they can fit more objects in the game..

Nothing will happen if you write "pikachu" cause the game won't have copyrighted stuff
tongue.gif

Torte

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Like someone else already pointed out, this will be a game for the young ones. Interesting idea, but I doubt many of us will find much to like in this "game". At least it teaches one thing: common sense. Now, why do people go out in real life and attempt to solve problems with half a brain?

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I really like the idea of this but I don't think its worth a full price, maybe it should have been saved for DSiWare or whatever.

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
This looks incredibly stupid. It's like one of those 25 year old King's Quest games where you have to keep typing words in until you find the ones it can recognize and work with. "The only limit is your imagination"... and the fact that you can only use the stuff they've programmed in for you to use, just like every other game. Yay for innovation.

Edit: I'm not saying the game will be bad. It might be fun, it might be worth playing, but they have oversold it to the point that it could never live up to expectations.

CockroachMan

Scribbling around GBATemp's kitchen.
Trophies
Website
www.homembarata.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hadrian said:
I really like the idea of this but I don't think its worth a full price, maybe it should have been saved for DSiWare or whatever.

The size limit on DSiWare is probably too small for something like this.. If it is really turning out to be so huge as they're saying, I'm surprised that a DS cart is enough.

QUOTE(Destructobot @ Dec 6 2008, 09:55 AM) This looks incredibly stupid. It's like one of those 25 year old King's Quest games where you have to keep typing words in until you find the ones it can recognize and work with. "The only limit is your imagination"... and the fact that you can only use the stuff they've programmed in for you to use, just like every other game. Yay for innovation.

Edit: I'm not saying the game will be bad. It might be fun, it might be worth playing, but they have oversold it to the point that it could never live up to expectations.

While old text adventure games certainly have some influence here.. the main idea is different, on old text adventures, only one word would work.. here you have a big array of possibilities, in fact, from what I understood.. the game incentives you to try different words every time.

If they can build a big enough word bank.. this will be fantastic.. I hope they know what they're doing by hyping it like this.

cosmiccow

Original Hippie
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
omg. i need this game! sounds like a heck of fun.

QUOTE said:
IGN: Now how does this idea work of chaining together items to solve puzzles? You've eluded to this in before our actual interview by saying "Guess what! Today we chained a piece of meat to a pole and were riding a raptor around on the screen!" How does that all work? How many objects can you get on screen first of all, and then secondly what kinds of crazy contraptions have you done so far?

Miah:Objects on screen we're still looking at. It's more about the power of the DS than anything else, so we'll have to see when we get late into production on that one. As for combining things together though yeah, if you can think about it you can do it. You can take like a piece of meat and ride a dinosaur like you said, there's of course glue, rope, nails, tape, so you can attach things in that way. You can do all of that, of course.

haha, that's just amazingly simple and ingenious at the same time. awesome!

Trolly

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Erm, whoa. Can't believe you guys are complaining already. The concept is amazing IMO. I watched the video, and my first reaction like many was "Yeeeeah, but surely most words won't work".

My worries were crushed by the interview. Sure, I don't expect every word to be in there, but the possibilities are still nearly endless. As the interviewee put it:
QUOTE said:
IGN: Haha. By what! I'm not messing with an elephant...

Miah: You aren't. But tigers, raptors, sharks...

IGN: Land sharks?

Miah: It's Scribblenauts! Make a pool, drop the elephant in, write down shark. That should be a no-brainer.

IGN: Haha. Good call.

Miah: Or maybe attach a lazer gun to the shark.
'Nuff said, this game's gonna be amazing.

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The concept sounds amazing, if it will actually work the way they say it will, this might be one of the best games ever.

Too bad I can't believe they can actually do that
frown.gif

Kkolko

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Law said:
Kkolko said:
Too bad I can't believe they can actually do that
frown.gif

If you can't believe in them, then believe in me who believes in them.

I can't wait for this game. I hope it's good.
Don't get me wrong, I truly hope they can pull this off. I just think that making it possible to use every item the way you want to will be impossible. Let alone combining all those items
frown.gif

Still, my fingers are crossed for them!
yaynds.gif

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
They said they'll add almost EVERY WORD available in dictionary, except vulgar ones, which means names won't be there, Obama and Pikachu and Nintendo and shit (which is a word) won't be there. But objects like tanks or tornados will probably be in. What confuses me is will it be limited to nouns or will verb be used too?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    I had soooooooooooo many of them. All still sealed.
    +1
    I eventually had to contact a domestic abuse advocate to help me get out of the apartment I was in a lease with her. And filed a restraining order on her cuz she kept harassing me after i left her.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    I didnt bring my Charger and nobody here has one compatible with my phone
    either you have usb C and no one else does, or everone else has usb c except you. haha
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, i don't have usb c
    That happened to me for like a year. lol. I was the only one of all my friends and family to still have an old phone.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @RedColoredStars, my phone is from around 2019
    Mine was from 2017. lolol. I just got this new one like 6 months ago. Not even new, second hand cheapo $40 phone. But it has usb c. lol
    I cant justify $1k+ on a nice ass phone. I can spend that on a 75" tv screen. Why a 6" screen device cost me the same? lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I had a iPhone 5 for like 6 years, till last year, and had to get new phone, when phone companies stop using the cdna networks, which the iphone5 used.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A phone can do more than a TV
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    These smart TVs are getting close tho. Gonna be like "back to future" TVs before long.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah a phones going to always be more powerful than a TV if the TVs $2grand maybe but why when I can put a smaller device in my pocket that does basically everything a TV already does
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can justify a decent $800 smartphone that'll last 3 years when I could get a 65" TV for $400 and buy a decent micro computer for $100 more
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tbf there are decent $400 smartphones in today's market that make top end spec phones unjust it's just what you want
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Found a Charger that works with my phone
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Yeah Ken I have 3 Samsung Phones now and honestly all 3 feel about the same
    A35 a S23 FE S24 Ultra lol
    Camera is about the only thing that legit separates them, unless you play games on your phone....
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I honestly just download movies on my phone put them on my card reader then on my tv so much better than wireless transfer bs
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Glad I bought a card reader type c and usb A makes life easy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
    i download movies on my PC that is connected to my living room tv.
    Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless trackball mouse.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: Monitors are too small for my bad eyesight so I use my main tv and wirelss keyboard and wireless...