4IFIR vs. Switch OC Suite real benchmark?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nakamichi

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
We have confirmed it didn't install any crypto on anyones computer (I dumped the site plus dumped RAM during the process back then).

Idiot behavior for not releasing the source code have made it so he ain't allowed to post 4IFIR here so yes, we have taken action. But not severe to go flat out ban him for it or even give a PSA.
considering the results of tests, wouldnt a PSA make sense tho?
i mean brick code, unstable overclocks, fake readings etc are ALL pretty bad... worse even if any of that does end up bricking your system in the end.
Remember how remote the possibility seemed of unintentionally triggering the gateway brick-code, till it turned out that it CAN happen?

That would certainly cause far more drama scene-wide than a PSA would, or so i assume.

• Haha
Reactions: Lamcza

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
There is no confirmation of brick code. If people want to use his software and set overclocks to unstable rates, its up to them.

Reactions: Lamcza

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't want to pour fuel on the fire, but I had a positive experience with 4IFIR
(I never tried OC Suite, so I can't comment on its OC performance).

I cranked frequencies to the maximum that the Mariko unit could take (everything is maximum except GPU, as I get an error if I go above 1500Mhz). Temperature is 74,75 degrees (120 hours of playtime with OCed CPU/MEM/GPU). I am using the last 4IFIR version (1.9), but the results are identical to 1.8 as I reached hardware OC limits.

The console sounds like a jet engine,
but I am happy with the FPS and fluidity of my games (I played docked only).
We shall see how long it will last :)

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so wait confirmed or not. is this not the source code then? <Don't link this here>
Again, like Pox, I use 4IFIR currently and have gotten some improvement as I only do a small overclock on most games, and would like to know how to uninstall (if it is needed) without loosing all my mods and stuff.

Last edited by linuxares,

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
is this not the source code then
It doesn't represent source code used to compile what is inside their releases. It has removed everything controversial about its package and performance is much worse.
Again, like Pox, I use 4IFIR currently and have gotten some improvement as I only do a small overclock on most games, and would like to know how to uninstall (if it is needed) without loosing all my mods and stuff.
I don't use 4IFIR, but if it's not different from OC-Suite, just remove "loader.kip" from atmosphere/kips and you will have stock hardware values. To remove sysmodule, delete folder "00FF0000636C6BFF" from atmosphere/contents

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It doesn't represent source code used to compile what is inside their releases. It has removed everything controversial about its package and performance is much worse.

I don't use 4IFIR, but if it's not different from OC-Suite, just remove "loader.kip" from atmosphere/kips and you will have stock hardware values. To remove sysmodule, delete folder "00FF0000636C6BFF" from atmosphere/contents
Apparently if you got with the AIO package he have modified more files. According to Cooler you can't "remove" it without returning to stock Atmosphere.

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

The only reason I haven't yet demolished the accusations laid out here (by presenting compelling evidence of their baselessness) is because of you. I'm not confident that you won't delete my post within five minutes of its publication, rendering my efforts futile.

If I sense that you're not standing in my way as I defend my honor and dignity (just give me a wink), brace yourself for an unforgettable spectacle (a masterful deconstruction, within the boundaries of GBATemp rules).

linuxares

Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
The only reason I haven't yet demolished the accusations laid out here (by presenting compelling evidence of their baselessness) is because of you. I'm not confident that you won't delete my post within five minutes of its publication, rendering my efforts futile.

If I sense that you're not standing in my way as I defend my honor and dignity (just give me a wink), brace yourself for an unforgettable spectacle (a masterful deconstruction, within the boundaries of GBATemp rules).
Go ahead. If you violate our rules. We will indeed remove it. But im off to bed now so.

SylverReZ

Certified GBATemp Boomer
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Go ahead. If you violate our rules. We will indeed remove it. But im off to bed now so.
I'm sure Cooler is doing this for attention, so he could get banned and people would then forget him for what he's done. Getting banned for violating the rules isn't worth it, he could maybe ask the mods for a permanent suspension perhaps. I don't think his behaviour could be forgivable after constantly lying about his CPU overclocker and doing scams.

Reactions: AngryCinnabon

Cooler3D

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia

Since you've brought up the rules, please be kind enough to remind everyone here that the rules apply not just to me, and that spewing baseless accusations, which they are not prepared to substantiate or support with convincing evidence, is actually an unacceptable behavior pattern.

The spam of accusations of varying degrees of absurdity, none of which, strangely, find any evidence, as I see, is even starting to tire you. Without evidence, these are nothing more than ordinary insults and provocations.

Conducting a constructive dialogue where interlocutors are allowed to smear themselves with filth and throw it at you is a thankless task.
After that, with your permission, I will move on to the part where the myths will be destroyed.

fufanya

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
1700041239416.png
1700041268451.png

Post automatically merged:

1) oc suite 2) 4ifir 1.9

usagi_

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i only have 3 watts max consumption while docked for my perfect 60 fps gameplay in hogwarts legacy thanks to 4ifir 1.9! fps per watt stars also helps me to know if i need to feel happy or not since i can’t think for myself, thank god for 4ifir’s existance!

Attachments

• EA7EE69C-0F3C-496C-9C91-3A6EEB96CC3B.png
    EA7EE69C-0F3C-496C-9C91-3A6EEB96CC3B.png
    990 KB · Views: 34
  • 8A3E22AE-64CE-4C1F-984A-1B7DD152549A.jpeg
    8A3E22AE-64CE-4C1F-984A-1B7DD152549A.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 35
  • E07D20EB-9DBA-4BA1-8E63-5CD096EAF2BC.jpeg
    E07D20EB-9DBA-4BA1-8E63-5CD096EAF2BC.jpeg
    8.9 KB · Views: 37
Last edited by usagi_,
  • Haha
Reactions: Medel87

masagrator

The patches guy
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
View attachment 404309View attachment 404310

1) oc suite 2) 4ifir 1.9
use the same tools for measurement please, if you want to convince somebody about results.

Use official sys-clk module, loader.kip from both sources, official status. monitor overlay newest version and provide screens of full mode. This way we can eliminate any possible issues that may come up from using forks.
I don't think we have still implemented real voltages in any sys-clk fork?

Not using sys-clk forked sysmodules allows to be sure it's static performance, we don't need governors etc. to misrepresent results.

Reactions: Briglia00

fufanya

Trophies
XP
Country
Ukraine
in the latest basic 4ifir - voltage at gpu 1600 frequency is 1050 mw, do you take us for fools?

oh my god, what the fuck, I'm talking to the man who banned me from his group and blocked me on telegram

with a man who has completely stolen another man code and uses it as his own, with a man who has created two (or even three) scam schemes, it's ridiculous

Last edited by fufanya,
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Russia
i only have 3 watts max consumption in docked mode for my perfect 60 fps gameplay in hogwarts legacy thanks to 4ifir 1.9! fps per watt stars also helps me to know if i need to feel happy or not since i can’t think for myself, thank god for 4ifir’s existance!
-2W in Dock mode with power supply. "Nice".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: hi everyone.