ROM Hack 4507 - Zelda Spirit Tracks Anti-Piracy Hack

dazboz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys, having followed this thread since its start, I have tried what i think every possible scenario to try and conquer my problem.

OK just a first few things to be aware of, i have a decent knowledge of most things with the whole DS scene and the games, having been doing it for a while now.

OK another major point before I get to my problem,
I have 2 cards, and have already followed the perfect instructions using my m3 simply, so as you see no probs there, I'm at the ice village so all problems taken care of on that card.
(for anyone wanting to know how, I followed the m3 simply instructions on page 1 using the makura 1.44+patch+save)

However my problem is, my kids card is a ttds, using bog standard 1.17 FW, and I have tried everything to get this dam thing working, she keeps pinching my bloody DS to play lol.

anyway guys, any one of you could just run me through as simply as possible what I need to do to get this ttds card working.

what I have tried.

Taken all my game/sav files from m3 simply...= saves every reboots

So guys if anyone can give me a better idea to get this working would be appreciated, oh and hopefully will get my DS back, lol

thanks guys

EDIT

OK weird thing I hope I can get past,
Just messed with it again, and actually managed to get it all to work from the start, save works ok after reboot, but now she obviously has an older save on my machine, and doesnt want to start again.
My question now is, could I just copy my save file from the m3simply, and now put that on the ttds,??
If not, is that even possible to do??

2ND EDIT
have just tried just to copy the sav from m3 simply, and nope, just starts the new save on boot up, dam frustrating.
so still needing help guys.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
magic_marty said:
oh the game works fine untill i get to the train i have no controlsThen your ROM isn't patched.
Use the xdelta GUI: http://filetrip.net/f6934-xdelta-UI.html
magic_marty said:
what if i buy the game and use the wifi tools to create my own rom file will it then work or will i still need to patch the rom?That's basically what release groups do (only with better tools). It's a 1:1 backup of the info on the game cart.
So even if you dump your own, you will still need to patch to play a backup on a flashcard.

QUOTE(dazboz @ Dec 7 2009, 07:53 PM)
However my problem is, my kids card is a ttds, using bog standard 1.17 FW, and I have tried everything to get this dam thing working, she keeps pinching my bloody DS to play lol.
Use the DSTT 1.17a07 firmware:
1.17a07 (09-11-07) - http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsma/src/dsm0079.rar.html
1.17a07sp6 (09/12/07) - http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsma/src/dsm0101.7z.html

Not sure what the difference is in the sp6 version, however, its a month newer so it's probably just updated files... and possibly Japanese only.
You can always find the latest files here: http://gamewiki.jp/uploader/dsma/
And its a good idea to keep the DAT files updated: http://sites.google.com/site/weeklyinfolib/

As for the saves: http://www.shunyweb.info/convert.php
But they should be compatible.

SaiyanKirby

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaiyanKirby said:
I have an R4 (Firmware 1.18, YSMenu) and I got the XPA patch to work, but I can't save my game. The train controls work but every time I save and turn the DS off, it gives me a "Save File Corrupted" error when I start the game up again. I can save, quit, and reload my save but if I shut off the DS then it doesn't work.
Wow, this forum is active!
A whole page went by in just about 2 hours without my problem even being acknowledged!
Not to be impatient, but I kind-of want to get this to work, y'know? XD

retrogamefan

***DSTT Coder*** ***AP Destroyer***
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
dazboz said:
2ND EDIT
have just tried just to copy the sav from m3 simply, and nope, just starts the new save on boot up, dam frustrating.
so still needing help guys.

Doesn't M3 have a save issue? so thats why the M3 .sav doesn't get recognised by the DSTT
what is the file size of the M3 .sav?

RetroGamefan

P.S. PMd you

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
retrogamefan said:
Doesn't M3 have a save issue? so thats why the M3 .sav doesn't get recognised by the DSTT
what is the file size of the M3 .sav?M3 Simply (Not M3 Real) is the same as an R4 (Not a clone. It was an official copy made in the same plants/factories).
The R4 doesn't have save issues -- both official and YSMenu -- so the M3 Simply shouldn't either.

QUOTE(dazboz @ Dec 7 2009, 07:53 PM) 2ND EDIThave just tried just to copy the sav from m3 simply, and nope, just starts the new save on boot up, dam frustrating.so still needing help guys.
Is the sav file the same name as the ROM?
I'm pretty sure that the DSTT is a clone of an R4 and SHOULD be able to read the R4/M3S's save file without issue.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wankare said:
Big Kong Boss said:
So, wait, for the Acekard AKAIO 1.5, a clean rom will work? No patch?

yes, but you need to have the latest Loader
biggrin.gif
that and the game needs to be running in new DMA mode (loading screen must be green, not red or blue)

magic_marty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks a bunch for your help...
however i got lucky and found a patched version on rapidshare and it appears to be working fine now..

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
maybe you can add which cards can't save (i have heard of several making a new files each time.) i can confirm that it won't save on an xpa patched rom, running from a cyclods with the latest beat firmware. i just use real time save... but i cant get to the battle mode >.>

magic_marty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
GBAtemp.net > GBAtemp Magazine > GBAtemp Magazine News > NDS ReleasesDS #4506: The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (USA)

page 109 tells how to get it to save on the cyclods...

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ummm... hwat if i already got pretty far using RTS. would this work:
put the save file from the emulator there, start the game, real time load, then do a normal save?

well i will try it as soon as the save downloads... hope i wont have to restart.

Pyrate02

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
"Use the xdelta GUI I posted.
It's in the last post of pg54."

Can you please tell me how to use that program? Sorry, but I am not familiar with how to use it. I don't understand how to patch the rom....

Thanks again

desror

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk if its already been posted but this seems to be a working patch http://rs685.rapidshare.com/files/316144523/Zelda_Crack.rar its the xenophobia patch what i did was after downloading a cracked version which was said to already be patched by xenophobia i then patched it again from the following link. this time tho i have train controls and was able to get passed the pig part. to my knowledge there is no problem but then again i havent gotten far please bear in mind im noob so go easy if theres something stupid i did or said. by the way i am running r4ds with the soft reset off.

BedtimeGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
HAHAHAHAHHAHAAHHAHAHH!!!!!!!!! YES!!!!!!!! W00T!!!!!!!111!!!!11!!!!!!ONE!!!!!!!ELEVEN!!!!!!!!111!!!!!

*whew* im just so happy that my method worked. for anyone using the real time save on a cyclo (with the XPA patch of course) instead of normal saving... all you have to do is the following:
download a save file from an emulator (any will do)
create a new file
start the game
try to real time load (it will likely glitch up)
turn off DS
real time load BEFORE starting the save file you see.
save normally, it will work.

Nugg2396

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Hey guys, it doesn't work for meh..
Am I doing it right?
I just put in the clean xenophobia dump (renamed to xpa-lzst.nds) in the patch folder and double-click on the .bat file thing, then when it says done I put it on my card (Original R4 on YSMenu a07)

When I run it, It just shows the word Xenophobia... even though soft reset is turned off

EDIT : -.- no one ever mentioned pressing 'A'. I've got this to work
smile.gif

VGMStudios

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
twiztidsinz said:
VGMStudios said:
well i got the game to work, but the train controls are not there..
any idea? the patch.bat thing doesnt work.

and a simple "i dont know" would be nice instead of having me guessing. i dunno.

VGM out...
Need more info than just 'it doesn't work'...
Try the xDelta GUI: http://filetrip.net/f6934-xdelta-UI.html

thanks I will try that later today.
I should of been more clear.

What I meant was that I tried patching it, but the controls for the train still do not show up. Everything else works fine. I also tried an unpatched version, same thing.
I will try this one and see if it works.

VGM out...

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pyrate02 said:
Can you please tell me how to use that program? Sorry, but I am not familiar with how to use it. I don't understand how to patch the rom....It's pretty self-explanatory...

Patch -- Select the patch file, it's usually ".xdelta".
Source File -- Select the CLEAN, untrimmed ROM.
Output File -- Select a new file for the patched ROM.
Press the "Patch" button and give it a few minutes.

Nugg2396 said:
EDIT : -.- no one ever mentioned pressing 'A'. I've got this to work
smile.gif
It's been said more than a few times... I even said on the first page.
I think a few people complained about it "freezing" at the Xenophobia logo and were quickly corrected.

QUOTE(VGMStudios @ Dec 8 2009, 07:44 AM)
What I meant was that I tried patching it, but the controls for the train still do not show up. Everything else works fine. I also tried an unpatched version, same thing.
Then one of two things happened...
Either you didn't apply the patch correctly -- people have said they were having problems.
Or you didn't copy the patched game over -- I've done it myself more times than I care to admit.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Someone mind helping me?

I got the game working on my R4 no problem, and I'm trying to help my friend get it to work on his M3 DS Real Sakura 1.44, and we follow these instructions
QUOTE said:
1. Extract the contents of lzst-fix.rar.
2. Copy the ROM into the xpa-zstc folder.
3. Make sure to rename the ROM to "xpa-lzst.nds".
4. Run xpa-zstc.bat to generate a patched ROM (xpa-lzst-cracked.nds).
5. Copy "xpa-lzst-cracked.nds" and "lzst.sav" onto your MicroSD card.
6. Rename the ROM and the save file so that they have exactly the same name (e.g., Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks.nds and Legend of Zelda - Spirit Tracks.sav).
7. Disable any cheats, RTS, soft-reset, slow-motion, etc. in the NDS Game Settings.
8. Enjoy!

And the game still doesn't work. It freezes at the Nintendo screen I believe. Something up with his card, or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/ykuU8hnotr0?si=HzEN_fL2UyOn35HQ