3dsident says both my screens are TN. But I can still see the screens very well from bad angles.

Status
Not open for further replies.

XRTerra

What if instead of ohio, it was kai cenat land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty confused. I've done all the screen tests and am confident at least the bottom screen is ips.

I've done multiple tests and the screens don't show most signs that both screens are TN. The top screen even has the scanline effect like most ips screens do.

The top screen doesn't have good viewing angles, but the bottom screen does. But the top screen also doesn't have any yellow to it, the contrast looks about the same as an ips, and again, has the scanlines.

The bottom screen is definitely IPS, but the top screen is some kind of weird mix between tn and ips.

Shadow#1

Wii, 3DS Softmod & Dumpster Diving Expert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty confused. I've done all the screen tests and am confident at least the bottom screen is ips.

I've done multiple tests and the screens don't show most signs that both screens are TN. The top screen even has the scanline effect like most ips screens do.

The top screen doesn't have good viewing angles, but the bottom screen does. But the top screen also doesn't have any yellow to it, the contrast looks about the same as an ips, and again, has the scanlines.

The bottom screen is definitely IPS, but the top screen is some kind of weird mix between tn and ips.
If 3dsident says they r TN they r TN

XRTerra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No because u can't swap between the types
People have done it, no? I've seen several reddit threads of people doing screen swaps. I don't even know if I want ips anymore because it uses more battery. And I perfer my long battery life, and I'm never going to play games from the side. Having better colors is nice and all, but it's not a huge difference and has worse battery life.

Now that sparks the question, could I potentially use screen filters on luma3ds to have better contrast if I so desire? Some people do it with modded switches to make it almost as good as an oled screen.

Last edited by XRTerra,

XRTerra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edit: i just found it!!!

If you use the screen filter "overcast sky" on luma3ds, the screen quality looks less yellow and the black theme looks less washed out. And at extreme viewing angles, its better. Not ips, but better. It might have an impact on battery life. Tomorrow I'll do a test to see which gets to 80 percent faster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty :creep: +99 +1