ROM Hack 3DSEncodeGUI - A multiplatform GUI encoding tool to the 3DS

o51enough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidey, are you still working on this? Maybe he's traveling over the holidays.. I guess we'll have to wait :D

As already mentioned, I was just wondering if there has been any further update, really looking forward to the next version :)

Me too... Really want to be able to cut my video's into 10 min segments, so I can watch them on the 3ds.

theflippa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I believe this is dead. I could continue Spideys work, but after watching some converted movies on the 3DS my opinion is that its not worth it. I will wait for a homebrew enabling hack or an official video player.

o51enough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe this is dead. I could continue Spideys work, but after watching some converted movies on the 3DS my opinion is that its not worth it. I will wait for a homebrew enabling hack or an official video player.

See I actually thought it was ok for the 3d movies.... (ones i got from pirate bay) to watch before I go to bed.

I just fancied converting some new movies to watch in segments over a few nights.

Theflippa, do you know any way to split the converted files?

theflippa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The converted video has mjpeg format, which is a quite unusual format. Just split the source video with one of the billion video conversion/editing/splitting apps you find on the internet. You can even write a shell script, that uses the avconv binary from me to do this automatically while converting. But then you wont have any kind of GUI.

And don't quote the post ontop of yours :P

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here you go!

https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B6Oo1J1jrGHTQWNDUnhDWWdqdHM

I love this program! Please... there are others but none of them work as well as this one, and none of them are Mac applications... The only things it needs are autosplitting and volume boost, then it would be PERFECT... please, someone continue it!

VMM

Hamon > Stand
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The links on the 1st post aren't working
I'm very interested in this

I'm using Kubuntu so It's perfect to me :lol:

Spidey_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wow guys, great to see there is still some attention to this. I have moved to a new city, new job, and my main computer had suffered in the travel, my videocard is now in a coma (no more Starcraft 2 for a long while). Anyways this notebook serves me good enough. I'll setup the Qt development environment tomorrow, and I'll be sure to resume development on this. This is be the best tool available if you help me with feature requests, bug reporting and the like!
Thank you all for the feedback. I'll be sure to streamline the build and release process too.

Also, after the developments on the ffmpeg/libav issue, I'll revert back to ffmpeg, since it's way more active than libav and it's proving to be the one to stick around after this fuss.

Reactions: 1 person

transgenic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
Reactions: 1 person

Spidey_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are there still interest in this? I felt that 3D on the 3DS was subpar, with such a low resolution and so many limitations.
Should I implement the volume boost and auto-splitting in 10 minute parts?

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there still interest in this? I felt that 3D on the 3DS was subpar, with such a low resolution and so many limitations.
Should I implement the volume boost and auto-splitting in 10 minute parts?
YES please also develope this application for windows id love to watch some 3d movies while out and about even in 10 minute segments =P happy tree friends comes to mind for something perfect to watch lol

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: See ya see ya later later