ROM Hack 3DSEncodeGUI - A multiplatform GUI encoding tool to the 3DS

theflippa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Wowfunhappy: Are you sure you used the updated version? Because on other computers it runs fine and your error shows me the statically linked library from my system, which was the error in the first version.

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Wowfunhappy: Are you sure you used the updated version? Because on other computers it runs fine and your error shows me the statically linked library from my system, which was the error in the first version.

Ugh, you're right. I could of sworn I had downloaded the update, but I went to re-download it just now and it suddenly works, so I was probably using the old one. Sorry about that.

o51enough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Darn, what am I doing wrong...

Mine just says:

'an error occured when encoding the video.

/bin/bash: 3dsencode: No such file directory

(on a macbook pro 2008/9 version 10.5.8 os x)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Darn, what am I doing wrong...

Mine just says:

'an error occured when encoding the video.

/bin/bash: 3dsencode: No such file directory

(on a macbook pro 2008/9 version 10.5.8 os x)

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP

Sounds like someone can't read. The encoding is going to be done by a script, which hasn't been implemented yet (meaning this is purely a GUI and nothing more right now).

Spidey_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sorry guys for the delay. I had a perfect and beautiful new dialog for the download and processing of the video, and now it's GONE! My system just shutdown for no reason and now the file is gone, it's a 0 byte file. DAMN!
I'm redoing it. I tried extundelete and other software, without success. The problem is that the file wasn't just deleted, it was re-written with 0 bytes.
DAMN.

o51enough

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry guys for the delay. I had a perfect and beautiful new dialog for the download and processing of the video, and now it's GONE! My system just shutdown for no reason and now the file is gone, it's a 0 byte file. DAMN!
I'm redoing it. I tried extundelete and other software, without success. The problem is that the file wasn't just deleted, it was re-written with 0 bytes.
DAMN.

Damn, got excited then, when I saw your name.... keep up the hard work... were rooting for you.

Spidey_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
YES! YES!

I've finished the FIRST working version, now we don't need scripts, so this should work on Windows, Linux and Mac! YES!

Splitting not implemented yet, I'll work on it tomorrow (I'll need to spawn a new process before encoding to detect the file size, this way we don't need to create temporary files), I promise.

Now, I need some help.
I need some translations. The translation files can be found on github, they are plain text files, you can use Qt Linguist or even translate by hand.
I need someone who knows how to use cx_Freeze to freeze the youtube-dl python script to Linux, Mac and Windows compatible binaries. Currently, 3DSEncode depends on Python 2.X.
I need someone to build the Mac version. Thanks to theflippa so far!

I'm making some tests, taking new screenshots and packaging the whole thing. Links to Linux and Windows binaries in the next hour.

Spidey_BR

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Linux x64 version: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=BN2D3HQV
Included Qt4 libs. I've included my avconv, but since I use Gentoo, it was compiled with my PC in mind. You'll want to get avconv from you own distro and replace it in the bin folder. Sorry, n00b here, next versions will be better, I promise.

CompC

Trophies
Website
josh.birnholz.com
XP
Country
United States
I have no idea how to build the Mac version, but if I don't need any extra tools or anything, I can do it if someone tells me how. The only thing I've got is XCode, but I have no idea how to use it, or if I need it for this.

theflippa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
3DS Encode for Mac OS
Updated to the new working version. Since i didn't find any avconv binary for Mac OS on the internet, i obtained the source code, compiled it and bundled it for you.​
FoVPf.png

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
You know, with all this going, it got me wondering.

Do people post 3D Movie rips on the internet? I'm not asking for links, just info.

Like is there a 3D Rip of YGO3D I can convert for playback on the 3DS?

OtakuGamerZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know, with all this going, it got me wondering.

Do people post 3D Movie rips on the internet? I'm not asking for links, just info.

Like is there a 3D Rip of YGO3D I can convert for playback on the 3DS?

I remember seeing them. The screenshots were all 2 images right next to each other.
Kind of like those cross-eye 3D pictures, but an entire movie cross-eyed.

EDIT:Here's a screenshot. Every movie I found was tagged [3D Half SBS]
vlcsnap2011081615h24m26.png

theflippa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
theflippa, you are the best! HURRAY!
I'm on my Windows box now, I'm trying to generate a dependency free package.

Well, thank you for doing most of the work. I could have done this myself, but i don't have the time to do this at the moment.
And thank you for taking my attention to Qt, I will definitely use it in the future.

Thought about adding version numbers to your software? That would help a lot!

Wowfunhappy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you so much for this program. The GUI is clean and pleasant to use, but it also has all of the quality-customization options that I need.

One additional request- do you think you could add a way to boost the volume? Avatar is almost impossible to hear... it's just too soft when played through the 3DS's speakers. Using ffmpeg, I was able to increase the volume by using the -vol argument. -vol 256 is the original volume. I've found that it can be set as high as -vol 1000 before the audio quality starts taking a noticeable hit. I just wish there was a way to do that inside of this UI...

I really do love this program, thanks a ton!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn