TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I said Playstation MOVE copied Nintendo WII's WIIMOTE don't even say they didn't...
I said nothing about the Vita copying anything.

Lets not turn this into a war, the poster needs info on which system to buy, as far as it goes now Vita has little titles compaired to the 3DS right now and thats my opinion and why i wouldn't buy one. My Predictions are my own...
Ok, fine. But a question: Why did you bother mentioning the PS Move? That had nothing to do with the topic at all. Sounded like you were just making a cheap jab at Sony, as if that's somehow supposed to make the "Vita will fail" argument more valid.

Anyway, Let's just wait until year's end... if the Vita's library doesn't start picking up, then I'll definitely agree with your sentiments about its future.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
You already have a 3DS, so I'd suggest getting a Vita first, then 3DS XL in the future when it gets cheaper.

Vita's game library is a bit lackluster right now but it'll eventually jump out just like how the 3DS did.

3DS XL is essentially just an enlarged 3DS. There is simply no reason why you should keep your original if you bought the XL. Unless you are set on importing one from Japan, I would not recommend getting one right now.

It's your choice anyways. If you love the 3DS but have a problematic set (like me, my set has a connector issue), you can TRY to sell it off and then import a 3DS LL from Japan, or trade in if the deal is reasonable and if they even accept it.

Reactions: 2 people

EyeZ

Trophies
XP

Parasite X

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This my answer for the person that made/began this blog if you plan on buying the PS Vita for PS1 then you might want to hold off on that but as for playing retail/digital games on the Vita for right now it's an ok consule it won't get an A+ from me right now at least until somemore games come out for it but if you want a better 3D experience than the reg 3DS on larger screens you should go for the 3DS XL but if you like your 3D experience already you should keep your reg 3DS and go for Vita because the XL is so big and it'll costs you more and it can't fit in your pocket so its up to you to decide if its worth it or not but I already own both a reg 3DS and a Vita and my 3DS trumps my Vita every time when it comes to certain things oh and Vita is also big but other than that they both get along just fine but thats just my opinion.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I think the correct answer to any "this or that" question is to look at each console's games and features and see what appears to you more.

Or the PS Vita, that's also the correct answer.

So, it's either games and features, or the Vita? Its one or the other? :P I kid I kid

Whatever the case is with this decision, completely ignore that there is a possibility of the systems being hacked. We do understand that "some day" they will be. It is only a matter of time, but many think it is sooner than later. I see far too many people with the assumption that they'll be hacked relatively soon, and so their decision on whether to get said devices lies on that assumption. You're not getting a system to wait for something that may or may never happen. You get a system so you can do things with it now.

Get what you want with what it offers. You have a 3DS, so perhaps a Vita would be a good choice. However, don't get a Vita for future hacking potential. Get a Vita if the games it offers interests you. If they don't, then don't get one.

Reactions: 1 person

G0D

TO THE BATCAVE!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The 3DS XL is like the DSi XL- few differences from the normal one. Save your money and use the normal 3DS.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This my answer for the person that made/began this blog if you plan on buying the PS Vita for PS1 then you might want to hold off on that but as for playing retail/digital games on the Vita for right now it's an ok consule it won't get an A+ from me right now at least until somemore games come out for it but if you want a better 3D experience than the reg 3DS on larger screens you should go for the 3DS XL but if you like your 3D experience already you should keep your reg 3DS and go for Vita because the XL is so big and it'll costs you more and it can't fit in your pocket so its up to you to decide if its worth it or not but I already own both a reg 3DS and a Vita and my 3DS trumps my Vita every time when it comes to certain things oh and Vita is also big but other than that they both get along just fine but thats just my opinion.

I would like to note that this had exactly one period in the entire statement.

I was almost ran out of breath when I finished reading it in my head.

Reactions: 4 people

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You guys do realize the 3DS was in the exact same position a year ago, right?
When did the situation "change" for the 3DS? To be perfectly honest, I still only see a handful of games that a non-Nintendo fan could/would pick up, and they're not all spectacular either. Both consoles fail to impress with their libraries as of today.

Reactions: 6 people

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You guys do realize the 3DS was in the exact same position a year ago, right?
When did the situation "change" for the 3DS? To be perfectly honest, I still only see a handful of games that a non-Nintendo fan could/would pick up, and they're not all spectacular either. Both consoles fail to impress with their libraries as of today.

I love my 3DS but even I find this to be true. I have KH, MK7, and Theatrythm (had KI but I sold it) and that's pretty much all that appeals to me at the moment. Vita has two Persona4 games coming out/already out so thats helping sales a lot, ive seen.

I kind of really want the vita for whats to come, even if there isnt much now. The PSP library is fucking great, I dont doubt the vita will be the same thing eventually. 3DS will outsell it, but 'dem RPGs man.

Terenigma

Terenigma everywhere
Trophies
XP
Country
To re-visit this topic, I completely forgot that the vita NEEDS one of those rediculously overpriced memory cards just to save and get patches.

Buy a 3DS XL, then send an email to playstation explaining that, even tho you put it to a vote and a few people suggested a vita, The final decision came when you realised that you dont wanna pay another £40+ ($60) on a memory card that the 3DS provides WITH its console.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To re-visit this topic, I completely forgot that the vita NEEDS one of those rediculously overpriced memory cards just to save and get patches.

Buy a 3DS XL, then send an email to playstation explaining that, even tho you put it to a vote and a few people suggested a vita, The final decision came when you realised that you dont wanna pay another £40+ ($60) on a memory card that the 3DS provides WITH its console.

For the record I paid all of $12 for a 4GB card. Mind you I'm finding it a bit inadequate with all the digital stuff to get but if you're only really interested in one or two downloadable titles and stick to retail, it's not horrible.

Also if you're really going to not buy a console with the sole reason of a memory card, that's pretty silly. I can understand not liking the games or the features or something but it's a memory card. It's probably one-time purchase. There's some decent bundles out there that include a memory card anyway.

Gamestop has a 3G/WiFi bundle with an 8GB memory card for $300. That's the standard price of a 3G system with a free memory card.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

For the record I paid all of $12 for a 4GB card. Mind you I'm finding it a bit inadequate with all the digital stuff to get but if you're only really interested in one or two downloadable titles and stick to retail, it's not horrible.

Also if you're really going to not buy a console with the sole reason of a memory card, that's pretty silly. I can understand not liking the games or the features or something but it's a memory card. It's probably one-time purchase. There's some decent bundles out there that include a memory card anyway.

Gamestop has a 3G/WiFi bundle with an 8GB memory card for $300. That's the standard price of a 3G system with a free memory card.
That's still horridly pricey for something most people think has no games worth buying it for. Unless you're like, Middle to Upper-Middle class.

Just my two bits. I honestly want one. I just don't have money.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom

That's still horridly pricey for something most people think has no games worth buying it for. Unless you're like, Middle to Upper-Middle class.

Video games are is a luxury pastime.

NightsOwl

Pays For Avatar Art (For some reason)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Video games are is a luxury pastime.
Exactly why I'm still living in a house getting gaming related stuff only one day out of the month. I'm lucky enough if I can afford a new game or two.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC