TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, I think asking people on the forum which to get is pointless because, honestly, it all comes down to your preference. Id est, how important is 3D to you? How important is having a resistive second touch screen for touch commands and "decluttering" the main screen to you? How important are Nintendo-exclusive IPs to you? How important is a system that can fold shut to protect the screen and buttons without a special case to you?

On the other hand, how important is an amoled screen to you? How important is a good dpad to you? How important are dual analogs to you? How important are graphics to you?

Your answer depends on these kind of questions, basically. Get whichever feels right. Personally, I'm a happy 3DS owner and have no plans to buy a Vita anytime soon. But from what little I've played on the Vita, it's an extremely impressive device with lots of potential (which hopefully we'll see fulfilled once all the great games start rolling in).

Reactions: 2 people
D

Deleted_171835

Anyway, I think asking people on the forum which to get is pointless because, honestly, it all comes down to your preference. Id est, how important is 3D to you? How important is having a resistive second touch screen for touch commands and "decluttering" the main screen to you? How important are Nintendo-exclusive IPs to you? How important is a system that can fold shut to protect the screen and buttons without a special case to you?

On the other hand, how important is an amoled screen to you? How important is a good dpad to you? How important are dual analogs to you? How important are graphics to you?

Your answer depends on these kind of questions, basically. Get whichever feels right. Personally, I'm a happy 3DS owner and have no plans to buy a Vita anytime soon. But from what little I've played on the Vita, it's an extremely impressive device with lots of potential (which hopefully we'll see fulfilled once all the great games start rolling in).
You know, all those questions are pointless considering the only question that should matter is, How is the game library?

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
You know, all those questions are pointless considering the only question that should matter is, How is the game library?
I personally agree, but that may or may not be the case for other people. Heck, when I bought my 3DS, I'll admit, I bought just because I wanted to play Zelda 3D. No other game particularly interested me. However, I was anticipating future Nintendo first party titles which I had faith I would like, and I imagine the same stance could be taken by a Sony fan regarding the Vita, as well.

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
3 or 4 years? I think that VHBL already can help with emulation, or am I wrong?
I don't know much about sony handhelds, but my understanding is that VHBL only gives you access to PSP mode. Similar to how using a flash cart on a 3DS only gives you access to DS mode.

emigre

Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
3 or 4 years? I think that VHBL already can help with emulation, or am I wrong?
I don't know much about sony handhelds, but my understanding is that VHBL only gives you access to PSP mode. Similar to how using a flash cart on a 3DS only gives you access to DS mode.

VHBL gives access to limited PSP homebrew. Which means only certain emulators would work. Basically, if you're buying a Vita for VHBL than you're a fucking retard.

Reactions: 3 people

Jan1tor

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Only you can really decide. If you have a 3DS and really want the bigger screens then get it. I've pre-ordered mine already and I have a 3DS too. My son has the vita and it just really doesn't impress me and since 3DS is outselling the Vita 2 to 1 or more, I think I'll just let the Vita die out like the PSP.

Fatmike1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you plan on keeping your 3DS "lite" then there is not much point in getting a 3DS XL, Trade your 3DS over the counter and if its in good enough condition they will offer a good reduction on the XLs price, gamestation in the uk did atleast but mine has scratchs on the screen so i had to sell my on the internet, dont buy a vita if you are not selling your 3DS "lite" because you will also need to shift your 3DS games because they will be unplayable

IMO psvita will turn out like psp and flop after the first year, no games, no sales, i bought my psp on release and i've regreted it since becuase there is almost no games on the system that are worth the money even now when they are like 99p in the "must go" bins at game stores

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Reactions: 6 people

Fatmike1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i had plenty of games worth playing for the 3ds i see nothing on the shelves right now id even bother picking up... its just like playstation move, they completly copied with wii controler (wiimote) its not even a joke.....

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
i had plenty of games worth playing for the 3ds i see nothing on the shelves right now id even bother picking up... its just like playstation move, they completly copied with wii controler (wiimote) its not even a joke.....
How is the Vita copying anything? The only thing I see they added from the DS is the touch screen, and the game card storage format.

And what games were out when the 3DS came out? The only first party title we had was Pilotwings. The only other decent game was Street Fighter, a somewhat watered-down port of a console game (that was good nonetheless). After that, we didn't get any real Nintendo first party titles until summer when we got Zelda 3D and Star Fox 3D... both remakes/ports of console games that were over a decade old. FINALLY, in Fall and Winter, we started getting games like Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D Land, and this year we're getting games like Kid Icarus, New Super Mario Bros, and Mario Tennis. and there are a bunch of good 3rd party games available, and some good first party games coming out this fall.

But regardless, there's no denying that the 3DS was a flop as far as it's library was until at least Fall/Winter 2011. The Vita hasn't even been out as long as the 3DS had when it's library started to show promise.

Reactions: 1 person

weavile001

Spiritmaster
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
How is the Vita copying anything? The only thing I see they added from the DS is the touch screen, and the game card storage format.

And what games were out when the 3DS came out? The only first party title we had was Pilotwings. The only other decent game was Street Fighter, a somewhat watered-down port of a console game (that was good nonetheless). After that, we didn't get any real Nintendo first party titles until summer when we got Zelda 3D and Star Fox 3D... both remakes/ports of console games that were over a decade old. FINALLY, in Fall and Winter, we started getting games like Mario Kart, Super Mario 3D Land, and this year we're getting games like Kid Icarus, New Super Mario Bros, and Mario Tennis. and there are a bunch of good 3rd party games available, and some good first party games coming out this fall.

But regardless, there's no denying that the 3DS was a flop as far as it's library was until at least Fall/Winter 2011. The Vita hasn't even been out as long as the 3DS had when it's library started to show promise.
wait until christmas.

Reactions: 1 person

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh man once the poorly worded statements such as "ps vita will flop like psp did" or "sony copied nintendo" with poor grammar come out, you know it's time to set sail.

Alas poor thread, I hardly knew yee.
Not to mention the PSP didn't flop. lol. The DS creamed it as far as sales, no denying that, but it didn't flop.

Uncle FEFL

OBJECTION!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Actually, Ghost Recon is pretty good.

Fatmike1993

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I said Playstation MOVE copied Nintendo WII's WIIMOTE don't even say they didn't...
I said nothing about the Vita copying anything.

Lets not turn this into a war, the poster needs info on which system to buy, as far as it goes now Vita has little titles compaired to the 3DS right now and thats my opinion and why i wouldn't buy one. My Predictions are my own...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land