EvilGamerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey there guys

I'm having a problem where my X button is no longer being recognized. I've tried the toothbrush method but that didn't help. So I tried to open up my system and managed to get 3 screws out before the other 6 refused to budge.

Is there anyone who has had to deal with the screws holding the back of the system stripping? I'm looking for some general tips, or possibly someone who could could do it for me. My system is out of warrenty so I don't wanna go through the big N.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You sure used an appropriate size, I usually never have a problem with stripping unless I overtighten the screws

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I used a 5/64" flathead to try and get them out. The screws were really on there tight from the factory.

Try using a cross screwdriver, search google/eBay for JK-6036-A if you don't have one. That screwdriver set should be able to used on most small-medium screws.

EvilGamerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That might help get some of them out, I think two of then though are like 95% rounded. Is there anything i can do to get them out, besides taking a drill to my 3ds?

rip-it-up

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ive never had 6 screws on the 3ds stripped, Your screw driver must be of poor quality. Ive had to rock the screw back and forth and few times to break the head of the screw before, But not on 6 screws. Sometime I some pull the back off using force and replace the case for quickness

scicol

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
IIRC when I was replacing the D-pad I removed the motherboard screws + all the flatwire connectors. At that point the motherboard didn't completely come off but there was enough of a gap for me to remove and replace the buttons with tweezers.

EvilGamerX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I got it open, cleaned the contacts, cleaned the rubber pad, and...no help. Does anyone either know some fixes for the button or know somewhere that does repairs?

Adeka

Beta Tester
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is going to sound like a troll post but i'm being serious

wrap your lips around the x button and blow into it pretty hard. That should clear out any dust that's making the contact fail.

It works on the LR buttons on a ds lite so maybe it might work for your problem :sleep:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/9kE3Env_2AY?si=Bs6lUZ0ZIlqmYaGT +1