♪Toot Toot Sonic Warrior♫
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Canada
SamAsh07 said:
I still think this setup would've been fine.

23rtoagsd.jpg

For OoT, instead of C-Pad, D-Pad could've been used for movement. C-Pad for Camera, ABXY for the default ones used currently.
Nah, I think the D-pad should've been a minture C-pad, then at least it could be a mini dual analog-ish thing

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
Didn't realise people felt that way about home console style games on handhelds. If you look back at the great games on each handheld format I think you tend to find that they're unique games which were made with handheld gaming in mind, rather than a handheld version of a console series. To me, games like FIFA, CoD, OoT, Golden Eye on handhelds are in the same bin as shovelware in terms of games I have no wish to play on the go. When there's so much potential for companies to come out with tight handheld experiences, I just don't see why I should waste my time on a stripped down console game in tiny vision on a system trying to be something it's not.

As for all these mock-ups, just because there's space for a slidepad on the outside of the case, it doesn't mean there's space below it for the workings of the slide pad.

MG4M3R

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I think this is the perfect setup.

Revelations.png

You will only use a second circle-pad to look around, this you can do with de touch screen.

In fact, not even OoT had this feature, but OoT3D has and doesn't use a second circle-pad, simply hold L and move your 3DS.

Two Circle-pads would be usefull only for left-handed people, when playing FPS on 3DS.

ferret7463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WOW, No one so far has given any " IT'S A NON-ISSUE, JUST ADAPT TO IT" comment? You guys are asking for a complete hardware change. I and some others were given all kinds of grief for wanting the virtual console controls to be allowed to remap the A and B buttons. I'LL say it here than... ITs A NON-ISSUE i play all of my games just fine WITH OUT a second analog button .

qweasd123

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Who needs second analog when you have touchscreen

BlueStar said:
Why do people want fps and gears style games on handhelds anyway? It's like wanting professor layton on the 360. Play games suited to big pads and big screens at home, play cool handheld games on the go. No dual analogue needed
This
DS is for great innovative games, not ports of crappy Gears of Halo games

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
qweasd123 said:
Who needs second analog when you have touchscreen
When second analog isn't announced why is so many people blaming Nintendo on not having it and only having the touchscreen which provides 'bad controlling' and when it is announced everyone starts saying "who needs it?"

Tbh though, I dislike controlling the full camera with the touchscreen. Certain games (particularly DS) use the lower touch for full cam control and I have to say it is not very easy to control. To me, the lower screen to me fits best for items, gadgets, weapons, maps etc.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
chris888222 said:
When second analog isn't announced why is everyone blaming Nintendo on not having it and only having the touchscreen which provides 'bad controlling' and when it is announced everyone starts saying "who needs it?"
"Everyone"? Are you sure it's the same people saying these things?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Veho said:
chris888222 said:
When second analog isn't announced why is everyone a lot of people blaming Nintendo on not having it and only having the touchscreen which provides 'bad controlling' and when it is announced everyone starts saying "who needs it?"
"Everyone"? Are you sure it's the same people saying these things?
Edited, but if you check old web posts, quite a lot of them said so.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
chris888222 said:
but if you check old web posts, quite a lot of them said so.
What I meant was, are the people saying the 3DS doesn't need a second analog the same people who then criticized it for not having a second analog?

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Veho said:
chris888222 said:
but if you check old web posts, quite a lot of them said so.
What I meant was, are the people saying the 3DS doesn't need a second analog the same people who then criticized it for not having a second analog?
Nah, don't think so... I lost. Sorry about that.

SamAsh07

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Veho said:
Idk about others, but I never really cared about the lack of 2nd C-Pad. One is fine with me, personally I prefer the TouchScreen + Gyro combination over C-Pad anytime. It's difficult at first I agree, but when you get used to it, it's actually much more fun.

When DS had no C-Pad, people complained for the lack of one, now 3DS has one, people are complaining for the lack of two, now when the next DS has two, will people again complain for the lack of third??
rolleyes.gif

Stop complaining and play what you get, if you can't then go make a handheld yourself.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
SamAsh07 said:
When DS had no C-Pad, people complained for the lack of one, now 3DS has one, people are complaining for the lack of two, now when the next DS has two, will people again complain for the lack of third??
rolleyes.gif

Stop complaining and play what you get, if you can't then go make a handheld yourself.
That's what I meant. (although I did make a mistake by saying 'everyone')

Now that the 3DS has two (the other coming from a cradle attachment), many say 'what for' and many say 'how hideous'.
What for - yes, correct. Most Nintendo games don't even need two analogs.

I actually appreciate the fact that Nintendo (or possibly even Capcom) really went to plan this whole thing out. Even if it looks hideous, effort is still being put in.

10_0ARMY

THE *Original* 1 Man Army
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
MG4M3R said:
I think this is the perfect setup.

Revelations.png

You will only use a second circle-pad to look around, this you can do with de touch screen.

In fact, not even OoT had this feature, but OoT3D has and doesn't use a second circle-pad, simply hold L and move your 3DS.

Two Circle-pads would be usefull only for left-handed people, when playing FPS on 3DS.

I'm left handed and I've learned to play FPS on DS with the default righty control scheme. The same thing goes for Wii as well. Really, how many fasted pace FPS are gunna come out the require two circle pads. Like you said, the touch screen works just like a second circle pad. For all the mock ups here, they aren't bad but you all forget that the touch screen has often been used as a second analog stick in most DS titles (that require movement with the analog or d-pad and another camera for view) and I doubt that's gunna change with the 3DS. Nintendo doesn't want the touch screen to loose all camera functionality. I for one don't want the touch screen to become only a menu screen and who here enjoyed Metroid Prime Hunters on the DS? I did, that was a great FPS, without two analog (or if you prefer two circle pads) sticks. If it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

Lockmaster24

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, it's sad that if this come out if I want to play FPS I have to get it. Games like that are so hard for me, I have minimal control over fine moments of my right hand. I couldn't even play Starfox Command (just to kill time) because of this. About time the lefty's are thought about.

manobon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Metroid Prime Hunters is Exactly why I wanted the 3DS to have 2 analogs/slide pads- I bought the wrist strap stylus, and that made it playable, but not as fun as it clearly could be. Even the Vita is going to be backwards compatible for all the PSP games (on the PS Store) that have camera controls...so I really hope that this is somehow compatible with all 3DS games that were planning on using the touch screen as a camera (or even the MGS 3D game that was going to use the face buttons?). DS games? I know it won't be
frown.gif

Spidey_BR

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You are forgetting the touch screen. The PSP doesn't have a touch screen, and that's why Metroid Prime: Hunters worked ok on the 3DS: the touchscreen effectively works like a second analog stick.
I just hoped the power button was by the side of the console, not in the front.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Spidey_BR said:
You are forgetting the touch screen. The PSP doesn't have a touch screen, and that's why Metroid Prime: Hunters worked ok on the 3DS: the touchscreen effectively works like a second analog stick.
I just hoped the power button was by the side of the console, not in the front.

the touch screen for most people will never be nearly as smooth as a second stick. I bought the DS early on and got the prime hunters demo, and though fun, the touch screen analog just never feels right. Im guessing they will package this thing with MH3G and im getting that garunteed (and paying for the game, even though i pirate stuff)

for me as long as they dont suddenly on the 13th announce a new console with ti built in im getting it, purely for the sake of better controls on games, reguardless of the bulk.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...