machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Falcon92 said:
Some ideas for the redesign:
1) Improve the Start, Select and Home buttons, they really suck.
2) Put the second slide pad bellow the face buttons.
3) If they are going to add L2 R2 triggers, try not to make the console so damn thick.
4) Make an Atomic Purple model of it.

Do this Nintendo and you have all my wallets.
#1 no one really complains about, so it's unlikely. I'm quite fine with the current ones, they work well and look nice.

Also, the redesign is a rumor.

bigpaws

Cat with da Big Paws!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
redesin is going to happen. its all like the wii remotes motion plus. only this time they are screwing ambassidors over b/c its a $250 device thats getting redesined before even a year is over. The wii remotes were maybe $50 at the most. HUGWE difference. im pissed at how things are going. I purchased on day one supporting nintendo from the get go and expected big things. but no. they dropped the price $80 and repay us with some shitty nes games. they could have added 3d layers or some shit but no. just these crappy old nes games. Now they are giving us this shitty dock thing and then redesigning it. If they dont give us a really good deal, nintendo will be a lost cause for me. i cant buy these expensive consoles for them to sit in a pile of dust. i expected more out of it. maybe 3 years of solid gamesbeing released before the thought of a redesign. I dont fucking care if they lose money atm. they are in trouble as it is, with the being sued for the wii, and the 3ds screen etc. THe last thing they need is to piss off their loyal customers. What fuck has come to this would ninty, wtf guys. I want my money back.

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
Jan1tor said:
I don't think I have seen anybody realize one potential with the added circle pad. Does it not seem to look a hell of a lot like a second controller for a WII-U.
With a second circle pad people could (Provided Nintendo could link them ) use the 3DS as a second or third .... controller for the WII-U and also then make it possible to have 3D games on the WII-U as well. Heck it has Hi-Res, it is wireless, has the motion controls, a touch screen, camera, mic, memory, it is just missing the software to make it so.

Of course I would like to get a Red second controller.........................
I've been thinking this too, maybe the add-on is so thick because it houses Wii-U compatible wireless?

QUOTE(bigpaws @ Sep 10 2011, 04:35 AM) redesin is going to happen. its all like the wii remotes motion plus. only this time they are screwing ambassidors over b/c its a $250 device thats getting redesined before even a year is over. The wii remotes were maybe $50 at the most. HUGWE difference. im pissed at how things are going. I purchased on day one supporting nintendo from the get go and expected big things. but no. they dropped the price $80 and repay us with some shitty nes games. they could have added 3d layers or some shit but no. just these crappy old nes games. Now they are giving us this shitty dock thing and then redesigning it. If they dont give us a really good deal, nintendo will be a lost cause for me. i cant buy these expensive consoles for them to sit in a pile of dust. i expected more out of it. maybe 3 years of solid gamesbeing released before the thought of a redesign. I dont fucking care if they lose money atm. they are in trouble as it is, with the being sued for the wii, and the 3ds screen etc. THe last thing they need is to piss off their loyal customers. What fuck has come to this would ninty, wtf guys. I want my money back.

Firstly, aren't there rules regarding grammar and spelling on this forum?
Then there's the dubious nature of the Wii lawsuit that you brought up, you know- the one where a company is taking them (but not Sony's Move) and a bunch of randomly selected shops to court over something that has not only existed for over 5 years, but ha also been sued 3 years ago for exactly the same thing.

Nintendo is down, kick it!

D

Deleted User

Well, they could redesign it into this:
143253724.jpg

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Jan1tor said:
I don't think I have seen anybody realize one potential with the added circle pad. Does it not seem to look a hell of a lot like a second controller for a WII-U.
With a second circle pad people could (Provided Nintendo could link them ) use the 3DS as a second or third .... controller for the WII-U and also then make it possible to have 3D games on the WII-U as well. Heck it has Hi-Res, it is wireless, has the motion controls, a touch screen, camera, mic, memory, it is just missing the software to make it so.

Of course I would like to get a Red second controller.........................
You know what, it could actually be true.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zanfire said:
Zantigo said:
zanfire said:
Zantigo said:
Hey guys! I got another idea! Why were at it why dont we just take away the 3D and the touchscreen and the motion controls and those anonning X and Y buttons and the d-pad! Even better lets get rid of the name nintendo it sounds like a japanease condom, Also marios a fat ass so lets take him out also, OH whats this? GAMES?! AHAHAHA YOU WANT GAMES ON YOUR GAME CONSOLE THATS JUST STUPID!!

But on a more serious note, Why would you add a another O-pad? I mean its impractical when you have a touch screen AND motion controls. Im a lefty and I have not issues with the touch screen for aiming all you do is USE YOUR THUMB. Besides, Its not like nintendo would re release it anyway :/. Plus, if you seriously think 3rd partys will even THINK about the touch screen if they HAD a duel stick?

yes they will, it has way more uses then just as a second stick. The PSV has both of those and it makes use of them....so yes...

OH YEAH! How could I forget that Zanfire would have a PSV 3 Months early AND already have games!

The sad part about the 10 different control inputs is that they are most likely there so that the system looks as universal as a iPod Touch, I doubt the touch screen will be used for anything other then selecting icons and such and the dual sticks will pretty much be the only thing you see for actual gameplay but thats just me, I havent had much faith in sony since the PS3 came out.

ANYWAY, I think you misunderstood what I ment. When I said "not touch" I ment that the touch screen would be reduced to mini games and selection but nothing that would be VITAL to gameplay.

so instead of re-wording yourself, lets insult a fully valid statement (which btw if you watch any gameplay of some of the PSV games you would know what i meant) but hey, better to be an ass right?

Making the touch screen into a second analog...how is that suddenly making it not "vital"....hell why would you want it to be? whats wrong with them making different uses out of it giving us MORE control? Making the touch screen into a second stick takes away all the other things it could also do. To me it sound like and enhancement, not a detriment.

XD I just saw the mistake I made, I guess thats what I get for posting on an iPod.

The reason why I think the touch screen should be more "vital" to gameplay is for the EXACT REASON YOU SAID. More control. Not all of us play the same way so whats wrong with the screen being used as a second stick? I mean its ALREADY THERE.
Do you want a bulky controller add-on so you can use a second stick? Do you want a shit load of early and price cut adopters to feel cheated? Do you want games that only use that second stick till the touch screen is reduced to nothing but a quick menu or a map screen? The most painful thing about this is that a 2nd stick would only have real worth in a FPS, Anything else the touch screen or L&R buttons are clearly more practical.

God forbid, Having an opinion that someone over the INTERNET doesnt like makes me an "Ass"

kthnxshwn said:
Zantigo said:
kthnxshwn said:
QUOTE(Zantigo @ Sep 9 2011, 06:51 PM)
QUOTE(kthnxshwn @ Sep 9 2011, 11:44 PM)
Which Japanese condom brand sounds like Nintendo?

Someone doesnt understand obvious sarcasm
I don't think you're using the word sarcasm correctly. It would pass for facetiousness if there was an actual brand, though.

So the fact that everything in there sounded idiotic and was in caps didnt key in any way that would make you think "OH! He was JOKING." Think of it this way, The beauty of blantant sarcasm is that it makes no sense or sounds so stupid Im pretty sure common sense tells us that theres no brand of condoms called nintendo. Can we stop discussing this?
Well, let's go over your post:

1) I wasn't discussing a condom called Nintendo, I was asking which sounded like them.
2) I wanted to know which sounded like them, otherwise you were just throng in the word "condom" for God knows why.
3) Your sarcasm is only sarcasm when it makes sense - otherwise it's just nonsense.

Bravo my good man, You have successfully sapped the small amount of value that a joke that was bad to begin with had. Bravo. Want to psycho analyze memes while your at it?

My god the quotes take up half the page
wtf.gif

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
^ Are you understanding what your saying? You want that screen to really be nothing more then a second circle pad, taking away (very likely) any other uses it could serve, even if they arent super important. Devs have come up with plenty of ways to use it (mini-games, maps, invintory, additional buttons..ect)

basically your saying "if its not a button we have to use for a game, its not useful". It shouldnt be thought of that way. It can be used for other things even if they add another stick, which clearly more people perfer to use over the screen. If anything that screen can become more buttons for games...it can really be anything they want...if they make it that way.

In the end, its clear the thing is coming...to what extent? well we dont know if it will be a new standard or a barely used accessory.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Chill everyone. TGS is in a few days, let's wait till then for OFFICIAL stuff to be released (like whether it's optional or not)

But since it's a peripheral of the 3DS, it SHOULD be optional.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
chris888222 said:
Chill everyone. TGS is in a few days, let's wait till then for OFFICIAL stuff to be released (like whether it's optional or not)

But since it's a peripheral of the 3DS, it SHOULD be optional.

Nintendo has a pre-TGS conference on Tuesday (forgot the times) which is where im guessing that stuff will come up. I think the artical on ign said that was going to be 3DS focused.

Found it: IGN page

says its going to be focused on 3DS "products". Im guessing they said that and not just software because of the whole slidepad bit. The times for US is really 8pm pst/11est on monday...so tomorrow night.

Valfore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The way i see it, is if most pc games use Keyboard and Mouse then most console/handhelds games should use dual analog, Granted this is coming from the constant lover of FPS/TPS

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zanfire said:
^ Are you understanding what your saying? You want that screen to really be nothing more then a second circle pad, taking away (very likely) any other uses it could serve, even if they arent super important. Devs have come up with plenty of ways to use it (mini-games, maps, invintory, additional buttons..ect)

basically your saying "if its not a button we have to use for a game, its not useful". It shouldnt be thought of that way. It can be used for other things even if they add another stick, which clearly more people perfer to use over the screen. If anything that screen can become more buttons for games...it can really be anything they want...if they make it that way.

In the end, its clear the thing is coming...to what extent? well we dont know if it will be a new standard or a barely used accessory.
My whole point this whole time was that adding a second, ugly, and bulky add-on for a control stick OR a re-release of the same system with a second stick is pointless, WE HAVE A TOUCH SCREEN AND MOTION. If we only had motion, then I would agree but its fucking pointless to add another stick when you can place your thumb on a screen and use that to move/aim. It worked for EVERY DS FPS. And as I just said before, it would only be practical in a FPS and I NEVER said that the touch screen should ONLY be a second stick, I ment that it would be a pitty for such a universal input to be reduced to just maps and inventory because the dev's say "Why use a screen when we have another stick?" and even if the add-on seems to not be used to the extent its still stupid that its even required for ANY game, It would be the udraw tablet all over again.

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Zantigo said:
zanfire said:

My whole point this whole time was that adding a second, ugly, and bulky add-on for a control stick OR a re-release of the same system with a second stick is pointless, WE HAVE A TOUCH SCREEN AND MOTION. If we only had motion, then I would agree but its fucking pointless to add another stick when you can place your thumb on a screen and use that to move/aim. It worked for EVERY DS FPS. And as I just said before, it would only be practical in a FPS and I NEVER said that the touch screen should ONLY be a second stick, I ment that it would be a pitty for such a universal input to be reduced to just maps and inventory because the dev's say "Why use a screen when we have another stick?" and even if the add-on seems to not be used to the extent its still stupid that its even required for ANY game, It would be the udraw tablet all over again.

i thought you were just being against a second stick for the sake of being against it. As it is now, well its pretty clear that things coming...and its a 99% change the "lite" version will have it built in, but since that didnt come from day one (unless they give all owners the addon for free or w/e) the devs will most likely treat it like what it is...and addon and (imo the best option) have all the games include BOTH control schemes.

Its a little late unless they do something drastic that will suddenly make games be forced to use it with 2 sticks. Im guessing nintendo wants people to port PSV games, which developers seem to be liking, over to them. Sadly that just won't happen in most cases.

The Milkman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both choices sound good but to require it would be a kamikaze tactic. Sorry about the misunderstanding as now that I read over our sqabble I see I didnt make myself clear. And seeing as how nintendos still doing this whole "Safe Haven for kids" crap I think the chance a add-on like that comes out is more around 40-60% :U
(Unless they find a way to make it more accurate or confortable then then the tpuch screen)

zanfire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wasnt announced last night (like they were embarrassed to or something?) but later came out on the jp nintendo site. Basically just an accessory for now, thought its got a few games im buyings support.

slide pad link

for: Monster Hunter 3G, Resident Evil Revelations, Metal Gear Solid Snake Eater 3D, Ace Combat 3D Cross Rumble, Dynasty Warriors Vs and Kingdom Hearts 3D.

the only odd thing is it needs a AAA battery to run...but better then sucking away my already short battery life, just not sure why this didnt have its own charger, seeing how bulky they made it. As for the price, if anything it will be 10-15$, US tends to get it cheaper then JP.

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Since it was priced at a SRP of ¥1,500, I would expect the US to retail it at $14.99 USD.

Pretty happy that it doesn't sap my 3DS battery though
tongue.gif

chris888222

GBAtemp's Flygon Fan
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Zantigo said:
15 Bucks for a control pad ._.
Oh well, Its not required for KI so im happy
happy.gif
I'm actually pretty happy at this price. 15 bucks but at least it functions well and enhances your gaming experience.
happy.gif

what if due to lesser hype it only retails at 10 bucks in the US?
tpi.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: