ROM Hack 3DS Video Converter

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
UPDATED!

Now with an "Add File" Button, and VERY Experimental support for separete Left/Right Files merging to 3D. As always, updated FileTrip Link.

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I get an error message after the video is done converting. Something popped about the .NET FRAMEWORK. The thing is I have 'dotNetFx40_Full_x86_x64' installed already. And also, you said your program automatically splits the movie file if its longer than 10 mins right? Now when I do, do that, it only makes a 9:50 min video out of the 45 minute video. Know what's going on?

Tried it on an:
.avi
.wmv
.mkv

and all resulted the same. It's watchable on the 3DS, but like I said, I only get 9:50 mins of 45 minute time from the file.

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Romruto: It's an error Message, has nothing to do with .NET.
Umm, which Version do you use? Since there's an Critical Bug within V1.3 I prefer to use V1.2.
Was the Video converted in 3D?

@All people who encounter Errors:
A full new Version, where I throw away all existing Code and either will improve the "ffmpeg" arguments or changing to another conversion tool. I can convert all Videos without errors with the Converters usually found on Gveawayoftheday.com, maybe i will spy out the arguments used there.
The new Version will be hopefully there at the weekend, ATM im aiming for either Saturday (but late) or Sunday.

wiiluver135

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A full new Version, where I throw away all existing Code and either will improve the "ffmpeg" arguments or changing to another conversion tool. I can convert all Videos without errors with the Converters usually found on Gveawayoftheday.com, maybe i will spy out the arguments used there.
The new Version will be hopefully there at the weekend, ATM im aiming for either Saturday (but late) or Sunday.
GREAT can wait man, I'm loving this tool but hating the error :P

Romruto

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
@Romruto: It's an error Message, has nothing to do with .NET.
Umm, which Version do you use? Since there's an Critical Bug within V1.3 I prefer to use V1.2.
Was the Video converted in 3D?

I was using 1.3. Didn't realize I could download 1.2. Anyway, it works now, just fine as you said. And no, I wasn't using 3D. Thanks, 1.2 even splits the files.

DavidHousley

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have tried to use the "separate Left/Right Files merging to 3D" feature in v1.3 and it works perfectly except for one detail, all of the files are 10 seconds instead of 10 minutes, and the spacing between them seems to be 10 minutes so its completely disjointed...

FriendlyCreeper

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This application you made is amazing but when i try converting a video longer than 10 min it cuts at 9:58 and stops converting (I am aware that 3ds can only play up to 10 min, but i would like to have my video spliced up in 2 parts (20 min video))

SeanC.Davis

Trophies
XP
@Cyan: Thanks. Yes, the file name will automatically count up. Currently only the last digit will count up, because i prefer to reserve the first three to the Episode number.
The date is determined by the "Created at"-Tag in the metadata of the file. (Not the normal "Created at" in the Properties. Because there is no such Tag in the converted Videos it is set to the standard time 01/01/1900. Just look on your Windows-Calendar and go back to the first Page. You will end up on 01/01/1900.

Is there anyway to edit this metadata? I've been looking desperately for a solution. Also, Hi everyone!

BazChillin

Trophies
XP
Hi there necusoul, first off congratulations on your program.
It was just what I was looking for.
I've ran into one problem so far, cause everything works except for the video's splitting up.
I'm also intrested to see your source code and Visual Studio file to maybe help you solve this.
Let me know if you mind other people looking at your project.
Thanx in advance like my gameboy!

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@BazChillin and Developers:
K, I will post the Source in some Minutes. And Yes, I know my Code isn't very well optimized...
Maybe we can make some cooperation where everyone can do some bugfixes/add features, then upload it again and merge the changes to one great version.

@All other who posted in these Topic:
Sorry Guys, really wanted to make a complete new version but suddenly I got to the Hospital until today. (wasn't a big thing though) Only downside was that i had no Internet and my Source Code was on my external HDD.

@All who tried seperate Input Video Conversion:
I warned you, EXPERIMENTAL really means EXPERIMENTAL. I set the time to 10 seconds for faster debugging. As you see it's EXPERIMENTAL!

Edit: Source Code can be found in my first Post.

Edit 2:
Currently working on Version 2.0: I have a very early Screenshot to show:
previewkb.png

As you can see it offers many new features like support for Videos longer than 90 Minutes, Seperated 3D Video and a Default Settings Tab.
Some things are still missing and most parts of it aren't functionally now but I think I can release it before 2012. To let you know if it's ready I will bump this topic.

Edit 3: New Scrrenshot to Show, New V2 should be out tomorrow: (or later, Mario Kart 7 takes up MUCH Freetime B-) )
21951814.png

Burton

Real Life VIP and Educator
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@NekuSoul
I tried your application and in the little I tested it worked flawlessly (at least the 2d conversion area, don't know about the 3ds vids). I think it can be improved with bit-rate, FPS and volume options. Other than that it is very appealing and the batch convert it's a great idea. Keep up the good work!

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
@Boriar:
Ok, My Error. Source Code will be online in some minutes.
Edit: Links for both new and old Version are there.

@Burton:
Thanks for the Feedback and suggestions. I already thougt about FPS and Bitrate and really want to implement that stuff for the more advanced users. Haven't thougt much about Volume though, but if it's asked for, let's see what I can do.

NekuSoul

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Updated again to V2.1

Removed the "Cut First Second" because it is unnecessary now. Instead i fixed the sometimes not showing up first part when the first second wasn't cut.
To fix this just use "-async 1" and "-vsync 1" :yay: .

Just want to know: Was there already any other way doing this without cutting the first second?

Edit: Oh, and as you see, 2-pass support will be included in V2.2

Kafluke

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is such a noob question but I haven't done 3d video conversion before. I've converted files to playable ds movie files before and I think I used moonshell to play them. But how do I play these 3d avi files that I'm left with after using your program?

(I have 3ds latest firmware and r4i gold)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You put them on your SD card and play them in the official gallery on the 3DS (where you would view pictures and videos taken with the 3DS camera).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM