ROM Hack 3DS Video BETA

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I tried it, but no luck but it may have something to do with the video i downloaded

I DL'd a vid from youtube using the side by side option, then converted it using your tool,
the video was converted then when i played it in the 3DS, it was also side by side. lol
i Dont know what I did wrong.
exactly what is happening to me. i dont think you do something wrong. i assume its the program and jrk190 might have only tested 2D-videos

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd give it a go but MediaFire doesn't work for me. Could you mirror it on FileTrip? :S

I'll stick it up on FileTrip tomorrow, don't have time right now I'm afraid. (If anyone else who has downloaded it wants to upload it to FileTrip and post the link, that'd be fine by me)
Has anybody tried a video over 10 minutes with it yet?

They won't work.
multi-core/hyperthreading support would be nice too.
ffmpeg does this by adding "-threads N" where N is the number of cores

May get added in the future
Mirrored is pretty easy...

If you use the exact same command-line options like described here, you just have to change this:

ffmpeg -y -i "video.avi" -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -vf crop=400:240:0:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -ab 96k -ac 2 "left.avi"

ffmpeg -y -i "video.avi" -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -vf crop=400:240:400:0 -an "right.avi"

into this:

ffmpeg -y -i "video.avi" -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -vf crop=400:240:400:0 -acodec libmp3lame -ar 44100 -ab 96k -ac 2 "left.avi"

ffmpeg -y -i "video.avi" -s 800x240 -aspect 2:1 -r 20 -vcodec mjpeg -qscale 1 -vf crop=400:240:0:0 -an "right.avi"

thanks, i'll hopefully add that tomorrow or friday.
DO i something wrong? After this, i get a "left.avi" and a "right.avi", ....

Did it give the "Done!" pop up? If not, keep waiting. If so, the video should be in the folder you chose as the "video folder", and right.avi and left.avi should be deleted.
@sifjar: unfortunaltly its not working for me. i only get a sidebyside-video, as if it would convert my original side-by-side to a standart 2d copy in .avi. but could be me causing the problem. better wait for others to confirm/deny

I'll have a look into that and see if I have made some mistake implementing spinal's instructions.

here is a 3d video i made
http://www.multiupload.com/VHBVMHN5B4
it's about 95MB

Made using this program and working on 3DS? Was it side-by-side or top-bottom?

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
it is not working for top-down as it seems. it doesnt even give me a file at the end.... and as i said side by side isnt working either unfortunatly. but thanks SifJar for all your work. i did some videos with the original CMD instructions which worked flawlessly. if someone wants to test a 3D-video on his 3DS i can provide a link to a 3DS-ready one via personal massage (PM)

SifJar

Not a pirate
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
it is not working for top-down as it seems. it doesnt even give me a file at the end.... and as i said side by side isnt working either unfortunatly. but thanks SifJar for all your work. i did some videos with the original CMD instructions which worked flawlessly. if someone wants to test a 3D-video on his 3DS i can provide a link to a 3DS-ready one via personal massage (PM)
I'll look into it tomorrow, too tired now :P Seems this needs a bit of work then...
Does this thing have a status bar? I sure it would help if it did. ^_^
I wonder how hard it would be to convert a 2d video into a 3d video. :unsure:

You mean a progress bar? Nah it doesn't. And while it may well help, I don't know of a way to implement one because it uses ffmpeg to do the conversion. As for converting 2D video to 3D video : impossible. Without two different angles on the same image, you cannot achieve 3D. It may be possible to create some illusion, but it would be impossible to make anything decent looking.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
I've made an observation. it seems the program converted my video using top and bottom despite me choosing the side by side option.
this deduction comes from the fact that the output video that comes out is cut in half crosswise.

Reactions: 1 person

thedicemaster

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
a progress bar wouldn't be impossible, but would be a lot of work to add:
ffmpeg regularly returns the current time-index and frame it's working on.
check the video length, read the time from ffmpeg's output, divide ffmpeg's time by video length, do it *50(and add 50 for second eye) and you have a somewhat accurate %.

BBR

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey! Do you mind if I post this on a Spanish forum? (Of course, I'll give you and spinal_cord all the credit).

beenii

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
first i would await more confirmation of people having used this and not only tried 2d videos....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: