http://tinycartridge.com/post/704438650/ni...-mentioned-this

Hakoda

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Sweet IR port. So if we ever crack this thing properly Pokemon HGSS may be compatible for flashcards. Also a WiFi switch? My guess is that its for those automatically downloaded content that the 3DS will be doing. Allows the user to turn it off to save power.

TM2-Megatron

Predacon Commander
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Hakoda said:
Sweet IR port. So if we ever crack this thing properly Pokemon HGSS may be compatible for flashcards. Also a WiFi switch? My guess is that its for those automatically downloaded content that the 3DS will be doing. Allows the user to turn it off to save power.

Only with a severely patched ROM, if even that would manage it. HgSs are DS games, and would run on the 3DS in DS mode.... similar to a DS running in GBA mode, I would think that a 3DS in DS mode would essentially shut off all new hardware and turn it into a virtual DS.

abel009

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
TM2-Megatron said:
Hakoda said:

Only with a severely patched ROM, if even that would manage it. HgSs are DS games, and would run on the 3DS in DS mode.... similar to a DS running in GBA mode, I would think that a 3DS in DS mode would essentially shut off all new hardware and turn it into a virtual DS.

It seems that u didnt heard the presentation at e3 did u? they said that all of the games on the 3DS will run in 3DS MODE there wont be a ds mode or anything all of the games including DS will run in 3DS regardless of wat they are. If u dont believe me go watch the Press of Nintendo again and u will see.

D

Deleted User

I wish they'd put the earphone jack out the side so when you're walking and listening to music it fits in your pocket a bit better.

*edit*
On second thoughts that's a dumb idea. It'd get in the way when you play games with the earphone. Forget I said anything.

giratina16

Born This Way
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Range-TE said:
anyone else thinking that the 3DS looks thick? and i mean by itself, not with the charging cradle (duh)
Yeah but it's probably filled up with 3D hardware. Nintendo will probably start working on a smaller version soon, if they aren't already.

syko5150

GBAtemp Syko!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
I hope you'll be able to charge the battery while playing... I hate waiting for a system to charge up and not being able to play at the same time.
you can play the DS while its charging i do it all the time and it will fully charge even while playing.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
abel009 said:
It seems that u didnt heard the presentation at e3 did u? they said that all of the games on the 3DS will run in 3DS MODE there wont be a ds mode or anything all of the games including DS will run in 3DS regardless of wat they are. If u dont believe me go watch the Press of Nintendo again and u will see.

Other than "Compatibility with DSi", there was no mention of the presentation saying that DS games would run under 3DS mode (and if it does say it, please tell us the time index so we can confirm it), but as far as "compatibility" is concerned, that IS the DS/DSLite/DSi mode. Besides, running DS games under 3DS mode is not possible outside of emulation because of the hardware differences between the systems, and the system has to "change" how its hardware operates in order to achieve complete backwards compatibility, just like how the DS/DSLite changes to GBA mode for GBA games. Under these compatibility modes, any hardware not native to it (such as the case with the 3DS, being the 3D effect) cannot be used, and is literally shut off and inaccessible.

MicroChip123

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
DiscostewSM said:
abel009 said:

Other than "Compatibility with DSi", there was no mention of the presentation saying that DS games would run under 3DS mode (and if it does say it, please tell us the time index so we can confirm it), but as far as "compatibility" is concerned, that IS the DS/DSLite/DSi mode. Besides, running DS games under 3DS mode is not possible outside of emulation because of the hardware differences between the systems, and the system has to "change" how its hardware operates in order to achieve complete backwards compatibility, just like how the DS/DSLite changes to GBA mode for GBA games. Under these compatibility modes, any hardware not native to it (such as the case with the 3DS, being the 3D effect) cannot be used, and is literally shut off and inaccessible.

This is from the 3DS press release pdf:
3DS PR
A port that accepts both Nintendo 3DS game cards and game cards for the Nintendo
DS™ family of systems

That means all ds games normal and i

zeromac

Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What the hell? An IR port is cool and all (remote control TVs anybody?
smileipb2.png
) but it's kinda old technology now that bluetooth is here... if it had to have a secondary transfer method besides wireless, i would prefer bluetooth although my laptop lacks bluetooth i can always buy those dongles

Windaga

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's a good point - IR is kinda outdated. Bluetooth would the best bet. Maybe they'll change it up? Hey, they've already said that this might not be final. (Despite what Konno says).

It's very..boxy. Not that I don't like it - it looks more like a mix between the original DS and the DSi.

Also I hope these people make a 3DS case. I have one for my DSi - it really does give you about 14 - 15 hours of straight gameplay before charging. If lets you run on the DS battery, and then switch to the cases battery. Granted, it makes the system bulky looking (not as much as it looks in that image, but it does add notable size to the overall system), but ontop of the already bulky looking 3DS...

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
zuriel102 said:
The 3DS's shoulder buttons look like the PSP's shoulder buttons, kinda.
They look more like the DSi shoulder buttons.

syko5150 said:
QUOTE(granville @ Jun 17 2010, 09:14 PM) I hope you'll be able to charge the battery while playing... I hate waiting for a system to charge up and not being able to play at the same time.
you can play the DS while its charging i do it all the time and it will fully charge even while playing.
Yes, but he's talking about the 3DS, not a DS. Although, Nintendo have allowed that on all the rechargeable consoles so far, so I'd expect it to still be the case now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1