Hacking 3DS unbricking progress

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What switch? XD the arduino Works with 5v signal levels wich would kill the Sd and the resistor voltage dropper does the Job unsafely. Thats why the logic level shifter is mandatory. You put 3.3v to the ref pin (vcc) then all signals on the A pins are converted down to a stable 3.3v and a stable current onthe B pins

have a look at the middle picture in http://gbatemp.net/threads/3ds-unbricking-progress.361171/page-16#post-4904962 . i just wanted to make sure if that swirtch toggled input or output voltage, as i belive it's used to set the input (so the shield can also be used with 3.3V logic microcontrollers by skipping the conversion)

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
k

Moquedami could you give a link for the shield you are using or it's name? not that you fry your 3DS

Hi Bkifft!
This is the shiled I´ve got:
lector-de-tarjetas-sd-micro-sd-spi-arduino-arm-pic-4203-MLA2899967966_072012-O.jpg

lector-de-tarjetas-sd-micro-sd-spi-arduino-arm-pic-4184-MLA2899968016_072012-O.jpg

lector-de-tarjetas-sd-micro-sd-spi-arduino-arm-pic-4244-MLA2899968114_072012-O.jpg

The description goes " Card reader SD MicroSD SPI Arduino Arm pic"
It doesn`t have a brand, model whatsoever. seems the generic type they sell in Dealextreme.

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
What switch? XD the arduino Works with 5v signal levels wich would kill the Sd and the resistor voltage dropper does the Job unsafely. Thats why the logic level shifter is mandatory. You put 3.3v to the ref pin (vcc) then all signals on the A pins are converted down to a stable 3.3v and a stable current onthe B pins

This is the switch we talk about:
24l7sly.jpg

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I find it wierd that the DAT0 and GND seem inverted between the SD card and the shield.

In the card / In the shield
BLACK - DAT3 / BLACK - SC
BLUE - CMD / BLUE - DI
RED - CLK / RED - CLK
PURPLE - GND / GREEN - DO
GREEN - DAT0 / PURPLE - G

helpwith3ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Moquedami

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Let´s make this as stupidproof as possible.
So I connect the "+" in the shield in this pin and we are all set:
fwrod5.jpg

What about the inverted GND - DAT0, isn´t that strange?

* sorry about the picture-galore. I´m trying to make this as graphic as possible and then I´ll use this to make an easy guide for other people.

krisztian1997

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Let´s make this as stupidproof as possible.
So I connect the "+" in the shield in this pin and we are all set:

What about the inverted GND - DAT0, isn´t that strange?

* sorry about the picture-galore. I´m trying to make this as graphic as possible and then I´ll use this to make an easy guide for other people.

I dont think that the GND is inversed with DAT0, try the shield with a cheap SD card first

Habbert

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Guys, is this too small of a connector?
14kfaet.jpg

5 pins, adrino requires a 5th correct?
if i do 5 pins will i still be able to do raspberry pi unbrick also?

bkifft

avowed Cuthwaldian
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Guys, is this too small of a connector?
[pic removed]
5 pins, adrino requires a 5th correct?
if i do 5 pins will i still be able to do raspberry pi unbrick also?

the connector size doesn't matter at all as long as you are comfortable with installing it. We are cooking with about 100mA (and thats vor the supply voltage, not the data lines which should draw way less amp) here and i'm not aware of any physical connector that cant handle that.

and yes, the extra connection doesn't matter for raspberry or sd readers

spinner09

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The communication between the card and the 3DS is almost the same like the SD communication, I am not an expert myself but I dont think that the 3DS can reprogram the FPGA, but maybe they will update it in a different way.

If you check my previous thread on the matter, people linked to the data sheet for the Pro ASIC 3 chip, which stated that the JTAG pins were the only way to update the FPGA.
So, if that's indeed the case, how else can one update it? I'm asking because on Gateways website, they state that the upcoming 2.0 Final will have a FPGA update, so I'd like to know what they're talking about (and how they can accomplish it, when a few people are saying its not possible).

greyneon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
That switch is supply voltage but will look further if it's the Sd card or the logic level shifter. But i Think it is to what voltage the IC is changing to then it shall be 3.3V

Edit: might be talking out of my hat as im not at Home atm xD working

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nintendo becomes responsible for 2024s virus