ROM Hack 3ds screen recording tool?

deadmanbomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was looking online for an option to screen record without the need of a capture card, or a computer (don't want to deal with wireless streaming programs, cords, etc) and did not find anything about a in-system screen recording tool. I know things like Rosalina has a snapshot of both screens, but is there any way to actually record a screen? I was hoping to record some gameplay footage without having to get a PC application (I own a Mac, so most options are out the window) or using a phone. If there is no tools for such things yet, would it be difficult to make it, if the 3DS can actually handle it? If I am confusing you on what I'm saying, I apologize.

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own the new 2DS XL system. I know that they each handle media differently, which the new systems being more dominant when it comes to handling media.
you are in luck... https://github.com/RattletraPM/Snickerstream everything you need to know is on this site there are other ones but this is perfect for n3ds systems

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you are in luck... https://github.com/RattletraPM/Snickerstream everything you need to know is on this site there are other ones but this is perfect for n3ds systems
wait a minute you said WITHOUT pc application i shouldve read this thread a bit more carefully...

deadmanbomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll mess around with this one. The last time I had tried to record (NitroMac) it failed to connect. If the program only works on windows PC, then I'm not sure what to do. Wine bottle does not work for me so that is an issue. I'm glad you also just realised what I meant in the OP, but if there is no other way, then oh well

Last edited by deadmanbomber,

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'll mess around with this one. The last time I had tried to record (NitroMac) it failed to connect. If the program only works on windows PC, then I'm not sure what to do. Wine bottle does not work for me so that is an issue
i did more research dont bother with snickerstream

deadmanbomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did more research dont bother with snickerstream
Ok. I'll hold off on that then

Only reason why I wanted to know is because I wanted to record my documentation on the cut rooms in Xenblade Chronicles 3D.

deadmanbomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok. I'll setup a Virtual
greatest chance is with a VM indeed use a windows VM and that might help you with sinckerstream

i highly recommend virtual box https://www.virtualbox.org/
i dont think i can share windows ISO's so i wont
im don't honestly know where to even get a Windows ISO,

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

deadmanbomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
microsoft has some old windows ISO's on their official website i got windows Vista and XP from there
And I forgot my password for my permissions to install Virtual box. Had not messed around with this kind of stuff for a while (and my roommate tends to go into the pc and mess with it.) so that's out of the question... whoopee

I am currently messing around with NitroMac, but nothing is popping up. Only software I could find that my Mac allowed to install. Had put in my IP, same internet connection. Have NTR CFW, but nothing is happening. Don't know if I messed up somewhere or not, but I might be screwed

Reactions: CodyWGamer

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep in mind there MIGHT be a problem when trying to launch you VM on virtualbox the most common error would be "no bootable medium error. System Halted." if that DOES happen to you, ask me for help. i've ALWAYS had this error but found out the problem.

did you allow it to access your firewall or any other anti-virus?

deadmanbomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
keep in mind there MIGHT be a problem when trying to launch you VM on virtualbox the most common error would be "no bootable medium error. System Halted." if that DOES happen to you, ask me for help. i've ALWAYS had this error but found out the problem.

did you allow it to access your firewall or any other anti-virus?
I had forgot. I had set the permissions up maybe a year and a half ago. I wish I wrote the code down somewhere...

deadmanbomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I am not able to get nitro Mac to work... that's wonderful.

Realised I need another streaming software for nitro Mac to work... OBS is out, for similar reasons as above. Any Mac streaming software available?

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apowersoft screen recorder? you can't stream on it (as far as i can tell after using it before) but it works perfect and doesnt have a limit on how long you can record for

deadmanbomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
apowersoft screen recorder? you can't stream on it (as far as i can tell after using it before) but it works perfect and doesnt have a limit on how long you can record for
I'm just looking to record on the system. I'll see what this is about.

Edit: realized that it's a web based screen recorder thing. Don't even know if these web based recorders will work.

CodyWGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just looking to record on the system. I'll see what this is about.

Edit: realized that it's a web based screen recorder thing. Don't even know if these web based recorders will work.
this one should work but i dont know about macs it worked PERFECTLY for me. I have a windows tho keep that in mind

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P