Hardware 3DS - Powering on, solid blue light. No life.

falken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Issue is definitely with the mainboard, placed it into another working system and the same issue is there.

Powers on with a solid blue light.
Screens don't come on, no wifi indicator and can't enter recovery mode.

Seems like a bricked system? Anything that can be done with it? (Don't have a nand backup, wasn't my console)

D

Deleted User

I read somewhere that you can unbrick with a Raspberry Pi.
If yours is "superbricked" or something, though, I recommend keeping it around anyway. Just in case.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Issue is definitely with the mainboard, placed it into another working system and the same issue is there.

Seems like a bricked system? Anything that can be done with it? (Don't have a nand backup, wasn't my console)
Yes, it's bricked... the only way to fix it will be with a nand backup (which you don't have)

I read somewhere that you can unbrick with a Raspberry Pi.
If yours is "superbricked" or something, though, I recommend keeping it around anyway. Just in case.
The raspberry pi / arduino unbricking process only works on consoles bricked by Gateway OMEGA firmware..
This type of brick presents with a blue screen at boot.

falken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yes, it's bricked... the only way to fix it will be with a nand backup (which you don't have)

The raspberry pi / arduino unbricking process only works on consoles bricked by Gateway OMEGA firmware..
This type of brick presents with a blue screen at boot.

Thanks, so it's only use is to teardown for spares? Just want to make sure before I do.

LameNobody

Weighted Companion Cube Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks, so it's only use is to teardown for spares? Just want to make sure before I do.
Unless you are able to access the recovery menu, you'll need a backup for anything otherwise..

Recovery mode:
The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad). This menu is made to update your Nintendo 3DS through internet, if an update previously failed.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Recovery_Mode

falken

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Unless you are able to access the recovery menu, you'll need a backup for anything otherwise..

Recovery mode:
The recovery mode (also known as Safe Mode Boot) can be accessed when turning on the Nintendo 3DS while holding A+R+L+Up(DPad). This menu is made to update your Nintendo 3DS through internet, if an update previously failed.

http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Recovery_Mode

Thanks for the input, recovery mode was the first thing I tried. Doesn't boot into recovery either.

Reactions: LameNobody

Shadicluigi

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

Same thing to me.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Nice. Which operating system are you installing?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, windows 10 and some linux distro like linux mint
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    dualbooth
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Yeah, I'd recommend having another OS just in-case you want to play games.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least Linux doesn't contain spyware than what Windows has.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, cuz of lag?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, No. Whenever you use the internet on Windows, Microsoft collects personal data and installs bloatware that isn't necessarily needed, such as Edge.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Speaking of which
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I recall @impeeza mentioned some trick about not having bloatware when installing windows where you set up your country to "world" or smh like that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Yes, you can debloat the operating system, but in some cases for me it just reinstalls them.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    I also recall my brother downloded a "non bloated" version of windows 11 on his pc
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    "Why debloat? Why not embrace and enjoy my bloat?" - Gates
    +3
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    @Xdqwerty yes, when you are installing Windows on the first steps you are asked for your current location, you MUST to select «international» so no bloatware is installed, because the bloatware is location based. if this night I have some time I will setup a VM and take screenshots.
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    User Gates "Disliked" your answer.
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Damn cleaned up 348GB's of crap I wasn't using with that lol
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But can it completely remove RealPlayer? Lol jk
    +2
    I remember at one point it being pretty much labeled as malware lol
    I think my favorite one was that dancing purple gorilla... I uninstalled that thing from sooo many machine people would be like "Why is my computer so slow?" lol because this thing is using like 30% of your system resources.....
    This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download DBZ movies and they where amazing usually like 2-8KB in size lol can't remember how many times I had to format and reinstall windows over his stupidity. I even explained to him about file sizes multiple times...
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This one lady... her son kept installing Kazaa... OK no problem the issue is he would download...