Hardware 3DS or 3DS XL?

William Bernhard

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have both an Original 3DS (also a second gen of the Original 3ds) and two 3DS XLs. Personally I think both have their pros and cons.
Original 3ds (First Model)- PROS - its generally smaller and fit better on your pockets. its upper screen has the better 3d depth of the 3 models of 3ds so far. Louder speakers. It have the most bright screens of the 3 models so far.
CONS - the select/home/start buttons are akward and need to be pushed a bit more than usual. smaller screens. Akward positioned Stylus. some people have problems with the sharper edges (but come on! the NES contollers where the true definition of SHARP and everyones loves them). The upper screen comes in contact with the lower screen "barriers" and can get permanent scratches on them.

Original 3ds (Second Model) - It's tecnically the same as the first but it´s components are cheaper: the speakers are more quiet, the 3d screen has lower depth, lower bright and other parts are generally of lower quality.

3ds XL(LL) - PROS - Bigger screens. The screens no longer get in contact with each other so... no more damaged screens. The Select/Home/Start buttons and the Power button are better than the Original ones. Longer Battery duration.
CONS - It's bigger so it maybe won't fit on your pockets without hinder you... or even fit... lower bright, quiet spekers

Fluxperpetua

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have an XL, and I can't imagine using a normal 3DS after enjoying mine as much as I have. The 3D effect is much easier to look at than a standard 3DS, and the display for 3D games (while in 3D mode or not) seem to look far better compared to the smaller handheld. The only con I can think of is that fact that older DS games appear slightly watered down, but it's honestly worth the pros, in my opinion.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fv6vlP2qSyo