• Views 4,479,243
  • Replies 53,784
  • Likes 43

Kaneco

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for linking me to the thread. Guess I'll just wait for that proper method to be updated, it seems the last time the author of ThreeSD chimed in was back in September of this year. just want to make sure to use something that gets everything in the right place that Citra can use.

For now, I guess replacing my saves with my manual extracted saves through Checkpoint will suffice for now.
@Kwyjor Just an update. The ThreeSD github updated on their latest update post, that they're aware of the bugs and that 0.5.4 (older version) should be tried instead... and I come back with the good news after trying it out today that it works. :D

hollowdeathcult

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
Now i'm not sure if Luma Locale Switcher works with physical cartridges, maybe it does..

Yes, you can install the cartridge directly to your system with GodMode9, just for testing. You can also dump it & verify the hash with the hash of a known good dump (on the internet), to know for sure if the cartridge is corrupted.

Does it show that same message if you have the cartridge removed from the system? If so then it's not necessary the cartridge..
And you might want to delete the app, download and install it again. Make sure to get the stable version.
Also make sure you have the Luma folder on the root of your sd card, and check this directory sd:/luma/titles/titleid/locale.txt it should have that locale.txt file there for that specific game..

Ok, I'm here some days later to share my experience and tell how do I fixed this error on Puzzle Bobble Universe and LumaLocaleSwitcher.

ABOUT LUMALOCALESWITCHER

It seems that LumaLocaleSwitcher doesn't like custom themes on FBI (because this app uses the same theme folder PD: I had a Monster Hunter FBI theme), so when the error "Failed to load PNG File 'xxxx.png'" shows, the solution is to delete the "theme" folder on the FBI folder which is on the SD root. That way LumaLocaleSwitcher works without issues.

ABOUT PUZZLE BOBBLE UNIVERSE

I can confirm that physical cartridges work with LumaLocaleSwitcher, and that black screen was because of the locale emulation failing with this game, so fixing it with LumaLocaleSwitcher is a viable option.

But I discover the best option is to manually add a "locale.txt" file to change the locale emulation. You just need to find the TitleID of your game, then go to the folder sd/luma/titles/[TitleID]/ (or create it if it doesn't exist) and inside it, create a text file called "locale.txt", and then manually add your region preferences as stated on the Luma3DS wiki (found here https://github.com/LumaTeam/Luma3DS/wiki/Optional-features)

I Like this solution more because I like my custom Monster Hunter FBI theme and I don't want to delete and replace the "theme folder" every time i need to adjust the locale emulation, so manually doing so is better.

Thanks for all your help @CoolMe

Last edited by hollowdeathcult,
Reactions: CoolMe

SvenCakemann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd love some help in making a code for Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance. Using Cheat Engine, I'm able to freeze the function that makes the drop gauge work (instead of counting down, it just does nothing). It's a really simple thing to do in cheat engine/Citra, but I want to turn this into a code of some kind so I can use it on my physical 3DS console. Any advice? I don't want to go neck-deep in programming language, but I'm having a hard time pinning down exactly how to do this.

linkhascometotown

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all, new to 3ds hacking and found myself in a very weird situation. Bought a used japanese new 3ds off of eBay. The top screen was extremely yellowed so I endeavoured to do a top screen replacement. It worked pretty well (except for the plastic lcd cover not coming off of the old screen, adhesive ripped, waiting for a new screen cover).

Other than accidentally ripping the connector for the home button, everything else went surprisingly well. Until today I noticed the strangest issue. If/when I press either R button or select button, it presses both of them. So system treated a R button press as R+select, same with select. Anyone experience anything like this? I installed rehid to map home button to select+start, but I already tried removing that config to see if it was an issue. I opened the 3ds back up to reseat the R button cable, still nothing. I'm not a 100% sure if this is hardware or software.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

aruzedragon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi guys,
I want to play Devil Survivor Overclocked and installed USA cia, then I found the update 1.1 patch but only in EUR cia version, so can I use that to update the base USA version game ?

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
There is updatesuppressor, though it's quite old and I've never tested it so I can't guarantee it still works.

There's no reason not to update though so I'd just let it install.
I've tested this out on my 3DS and from my experience it doesn't resolve the issue.
Post automatically merged:

I'm on the latest system version which hasn't broken compatibility with CFW.

pokeducky

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
How does the GodMode9 "Install game image" option work exactly? Does it install directly to the system, or does it make a .cia file and then install that? Any problems using it to install the trimmed version of a game?

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How does the GodMode9 "Install game image" option work exactly? Does it install directly to the system, or does it make a .cia file and then install that?
If you're talking about dumping a game cartridge, then you can either install it directly to your sdcard or make a (dump) file. You'll add 2 unnecessary steps if you do the latter, if you intend on installing a game to your sd..
Any problems using it to install the trimmed version of a game?
There's no "trimmed" version when it comes to 3DS games. It's not like with the DS..

CrimsonRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi! I just got a brand new N3DS that I am looking to hack to play backups of games I own, backing up NDS and 3DS cart save files among other things.

I would prefer not to install anything on the CTR NAND (system memory). Is it possible to install everything to the SD card? In case I have to install to the CTR/SYSNand, is it possible to safely remove all CFW in the future if I want to reset my console to factory settings?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I just got a brand new N3DS that I am looking to hack to play backups of games I own, backing up NDS and 3DS cart save files among other things.

I would prefer not to install anything on the CTR NAND (system memory). Is it possible to install everything to the SD card? In case I have to install to the CTR/SYSNand, is it possible to safely remove all CFW in the future if I want to reset my console to factory settings?
the ctr nand only is going to have a copy of luma3ds which is the boot.firm copied to it. So that if the sd card fails tbe system still has a payload file to boot the console with. Everything else is sd card.

You would need to follow the uninstall script to remove of cfw if you ever want to fully remove cfw as a system format will not remove cfw.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, just follow the guide here (carefully).
I would prefer not to install anything on the CTR NAND (system memory). Is it possible to install everything to the SD card?
You won't. Games will be installed on the sd card (apart from DSiWare games).
is it possible to safely remove all CFW in the future if I want to reset my console to factory settings?
Uh.. you can uninstall CFW anytime you want, but it's not as simple as doing a "system format". You'd need to follow this guide, again, carefully without skipping any steps to make sure everything is functioning as it should before removing CFW completely.

pokeducky

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
If you're talking about dumping a game cartridge, then you can either install it directly to your sdcard or make a (dump) file. You'll add 2 unnecessary steps if you do the latter, if you intend on installing a game to your sd..

There's no "trimmed" version when it comes to 3DS games. It's not like with the DS..
So there is no practical difference between using the "Install game image" option on [TitleID].trim.3ds and [TitleID].3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @SylverReZ, unless you mean you are tired too