• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

Girafarig

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sorry for the silly question, I just get super paranoid lol. If i want to delete some software to make room for a new CIA install, is it safe to just use 3DS settings to delete it, or do I need to use FBI or something? ^^' thanks

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry for the silly question, I just get super paranoid lol. If i want to delete some software to make room for a new CIA install, is it safe to just use 3DS settings to delete it, or do I need to use FBI or something? ^^' thanks
Ya, the delete software in the consoles system settings is fine to use.

Tippster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Hi! I got a New 3DS XL for the purpose of hacking, but seeing as my old 3DS being basically unusable due to the old battery, I transfered all the content from the old 3ds to the N3DS XL. Thing is, I am using the same NNID on my 3ds as on my switch, and I really don't want to get banned. I am basically planning on keeping the system offline after hacking, but should I also unlink the NNID before hacking? Can I still play my legitimate games and access my old saves if I unlink my account? What do you think?

(Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before already...)

Ender3Guy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi! I got a New 3DS XL for the purpose of hacking, but seeing as my old 3DS being basically unusable due to the old battery, I transfered all the content from the old 3ds to the N3DS XL. Thing is, I am using the same NNID on my 3ds as on my switch, and I really don't want to get banned. I am basically planning on keeping the system offline after hacking, but should I also unlink the NNID before hacking? Can I still play my legitimate games and access my old saves if I unlink my account? What do you think?

(Sorry if this question has been asked a million times before already...)
There's no clear guidance on this, but considering the fact that the switch has not been modded, you have not violated the EULA on the Switch by hacking a 3DS, etc. you could take Nintendo to court (and win too) over a ban on your Switch.

Tippster

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
But aren't bans system wide? If I unlink my NNID, will there be any possibility of that NNID being banned? Does unlinking actually remove your account or is it more of a nintendo being stupid thing?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
But aren't bans system wide? If I unlink my NNID, will there be any possibility of that NNID being banned? Does unlinking actually remove your account or is it more of a nintendo being stupid thing?
if its 3ds ban. there are a few types of bans. There is one that affects your whole NNID. but you gotta do a lot to get that ban.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So, I shouldn't bother with unlinking? Will unlinking make my NNID safe from ban?
Unlinking i dont believe really does anything that way. All you're going to do is wind up losing any eshop purchased content if you have done so before with that NNID if you still visit the eshop.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem. When trying to start up GM9 1.8.0 or 1.9.0, my 3DS just gives me a black screen and I have to manually hold the power button until the console shuts off again (or it just eventually shuts off maybe). This doesn’t happen with 1.7.1. Is there any fix for this?

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I was wondering if someone could help me with this problem. When trying to start up GM9 1.8.0 or 1.9.0, my 3DS just gives me a black screen and I have to manually hold the power button until the console shuts off again (or it just eventually shuts off maybe). This doesn’t happen with 1.7.1. Is there any fix for this?
add another version to the payloads. Its a known issue.

AwesomeSaucemGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
not sure what the script does, but incognito mode usually refers to mitigating ban risk by deleting the activity log (a new one is created in its place).
Is the mode completely safe and safe to turn on? I’ve always been very cautious when using my 3DS because I’ve always had this annoying fear that I’ll get banned sooner or later when I use non-Nintendo apps (even though it never happens).

Last edited by AwesomeSaucemGuy,
D

Deleted User

Is the mode completely safe and safe to turn on? I’ve always been very cautious when using my 3DS because I’ve always had this annoying fear that I’ll get banned sooner or later when I use non-Nintendo apps (even though it never happens).
This script will store every software you run while it is enabled in a seperate activity log. To use this, you need to enable incognito mode before you use a spftware that you do not want recorded in your activity log, but as soon as you finish using the app you want to keep hidden, you must disable incognito mode. If you don't disable incognito mode as soon as you are done using the software, then incognito mode will be rendered useless.

ghoulie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Micro SD Card Size Suggestions please?

So I plan on using my CFW 3DS for the max 300 title limit for 3DS games, a large library of NDS/GBA/SNES just filled to the brim. I will most likely be trimming all of the roms (removing garbage data) for all of the types of roms/cia's. Question is, is 256 gb enough for this? Or should I opt for the 400 gb... cost is not an issue.

Second question is can the 3DS benefit from higher speeds from the more expensive Micro SD's like the Sandisk Extreme C10, U3, V30 etc...?

Lastly, for NDS gaming is it better to use TwilightMenu++ or to get a flashcard like I have for my DSlite, the CycloDS Evolution or something of that nature? Perhaps it is overall better to just use the DSLite instead? Unsure how well 3DS does NDS.

Thank you so much if you can help me!

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Micro SD Card Size Suggestions please?

So I plan on using my CFW 3DS for the max 300 title limit for 3DS games, a large library of NDS/GBA/SNES just filled to the brim. I will most likely be trimming all of the roms (removing garbage data) for all of the types of roms/cia's. Question is, is 256 gb enough for this? Or should I opt for the 400 gb... cost is not an issue.

Second question is can the 3DS benefit from higher speeds from the more expensive Micro SD's like the Sandisk Extreme C10, U3, V30 etc...?

Lastly, for NDS gaming is it better to use TwilightMenu++ or to get a flashcard like I have for my DSlite, the CycloDS Evolution or something of that nature? Perhaps it is overall better to just use the DSLite instead? Unsure how well 3DS does NDS.

Thank you so much if you can help me!
You must have a lot of games… no wonder cost for a µSD is not an issue for you. My game library of old games (including N64 and DS) easily fits on 64GB while the originals fill two huge office cabinets (with the consoles).
  • 256GB is probably enough for pretty much all retro Nintendo games in existence. For DS games are a little larger and the 3DS library will not fit on a single SD. Many 3DS games are between 512MB and 1024MB. Some later games like Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon come pretty near to 4GB. You max experience longer boot times with 256GB and larger SDs. For 128GB+ you can try formatting to FAT32 64KB cluster size instead of the usually recommended 32KB. SD size largely depends on your preferences.
  • The 3DS is pretty slow in accessing the SD. No benefits on very fast cards.
  • TWL++ has become very good. Give it a try. If you're not satisfied you can switch to a flashcart later. You might be interested in sharper scaling and widescreen patches for DS games. DS(i) backward compatibility mode is (other than the blurry scaling thanks to different resolution) next to perfect.
Good luck and have fun!

Reactions: Alexander1970

bluetifae

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hey, just wondering if it's safe to install NTR CFW on Luma3DS v10.2 (16 July 2020).
The latest changelog for BootNTR (v2.13.3 - 17 December 2019) says it's supported on Luma3DS v10.0.1, which is over a year old.
Any idea?

Edit: never mind, it's safe. I realise they mean it works on v10.X.

Last edited by bluetifae,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ