• Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried to do the 3ds guide but my 3ds errors when trying to access the flash card. It's an old 3ds xl with 4.5.0 on it.
so you havent completed the guide yet . . . did the card work in the 3ds normally . . . the guide says "Ensure your flashcart is able to launch correctly before starting."

20degrees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
so you havent completed the guide yet . . . did the card work in the 3ds normally . . . the guide says "Ensure your flashcart is able to launch correctly before starting."
It always showed, but never "worked" should I just buy a different one? It's a r4dsi gold. Not the rts version though.

I could do the browser version too without a flash card? Would I still need one in the future? 4.5.0

Last edited by 20degrees,

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by wormdood,
Reactions: 20degrees

20degrees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
yeah your good then . . . all you need to do is use a gamecard with a built in update within range
Is there a way to tell what update a game has before actually updating? I have a handful of older games. And is there a particular version I should aim for? I've honestly hardly ever played this thing. My son plays his though.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to tell what update a game has before actually updating? I have a handful of older games. And is there a particular version I should aim for? I've honestly hardly ever played this thing. My son plays his though.

9.0-11.3
you can use this list to see what fw the game requires for hints but i dont think there is a list for this firmware range
actually looking at the guide its looks like this is not needed you can just do this Installing boot9strap (Browser) - 3DS Guide

DKDestroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so I've been having pretty good luck going through the guides on 3ds.guide for hacking an older 3ds on 11.3. Now I'm following the system transfer guide to get b9s and luma on my new 3ds on 11.5. Everything was going great, got through section 3, performed the system transfer. From there, I went to go through section 5 (since 4 isn't necessary before moving forward with the new 3ds). I copied the files and then got to step 7, popped the micro sd card into the new 3ds, and when I turned it on I was prompted with the bit about installing dsiware software from the sd card. Thing is, it then stops me and tells me it can't find any dsiware titles on the sd card.
I tried reformatting the card and redoing the transfer (I was doing the PC transfer), and got the same prompt (this was without placing any of the section 5 files in the card.

Here's my big question, I remember watching my DS systems transfer the 5 dsiware titles directly at the beginning of the transfer process. Did those get transferred to the target 3ds directly in that process and they're already waiting on my system? Did they get transferred to the micro sd card on my target 3ds and were removed when I copied the other files over?

My big fear is going forward with those prompts and not installing dsiware from the sd card and missing the opportunity to transfer them.

YOUNGMONI

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello guys, new here and very much a noob in terms of what files I have installed
I turned on my old 2ds for the first time in a few months, decided to run an app that I didn't know I had installed which (I think) was the luma updater or something. Something updated, asked for some kind of permission, then restarted the ds but it never turned back on. When I press the on button I get a blue light for a second, then it fades away. wat do. I installed CFW through Soundhax and I am running some version of luma and boot9strap if that's a thing. I'd post a pic of the root of my SD card but I think my account is too new feelsbadman
Any help is greatly appreciated

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Alright, so I've been having pretty good luck going through the guides on 3ds.guide for hacking an older 3ds on 11.3. Now I'm following the system transfer guide to get b9s and luma on my new 3ds on 11.5. Everything was going great, got through section 3, performed the system transfer. From there, I went to go through section 5 (since 4 isn't necessary before moving forward with the new 3ds). I copied the files and then got to step 7, popped the micro sd card into the new 3ds, and when I turned it on I was prompted with the bit about installing dsiware software from the sd card. Thing is, it then stops me and tells me it can't find any dsiware titles on the sd card.
I tried reformatting the card and redoing the transfer (I was doing the PC transfer), and got the same prompt (this was without placing any of the section 5 files in the card.

Here's my big question, I remember watching my DS systems transfer the 5 dsiware titles directly at the beginning of the transfer process. Did those get transferred to the target 3ds directly in that process and they're already waiting on my system? Did they get transferred to the micro sd card on my target 3ds and were removed when I copied the other files over?

My big fear is going forward with those prompts and not installing dsiware from the sd card and missing the opportunity to transfer them.
Make sure you are using the SD card from the source console, or that you have deleted the Nintendo 3DS folder from the target and pasted in the folder from the source (make sure to delete then paste, not merge).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Hello guys, new here and very much a noob in terms of what files I have installed
I turned on my old 2ds for the first time in a few months, decided to run an app that I didn't know I had installed which (I think) was the luma updater or something. Something updated, asked for some kind of permission, then restarted the ds but it never turned back on. When I press the on button I get a blue light for a second, then it fades away. wat do. I installed CFW through Soundhax and I am running some version of luma and boot9strap if that's a thing. I'd post a pic of the root of my SD card but I think my account is too new feelsbadman
Any help is greatly appreciated
Download Luma 7.1 https://github.com/AuroraWright/Luma3DS/releases and replace the boot.firm on your SD card with the one in the archive. Then follow https://3ds.guide/updating-b9s

Reactions: YOUNGMONI

DKDestroyer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Make sure you are using the SD card from the source console, or that you have deleted the Nintendo 3DS folder from the target and pasted in the folder from the source (make sure to delete then paste, not merge).

I completely reformatted the target sd card before copying.
Should I go from blank -> target sd data -> source sd data following the delete then paste method?

YOUNGMONI

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After installing the new boot9strap successfully, when I pressed A to reboot I got the screen saying "An error has occurred: Unsupported launcher (argc=0)" and shuts down at any button press. A reboot with or without holding START gives the same message.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Reactions: YOUNGMONI

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol