• Views 4,448,017
  • Replies 53,769
  • Likes 43

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, I hope someone can offer some advice here... I am currently using a new 3ds with A9LH and Luma on 4.80 FW. Luma is the latest version before needing to upgrade to B9S and FBI is updated.

When I installed the new metroid game using FBI it won't allow me to unwrap it. Do I need to update my FW and go through the A9LH to B9S conversion? Has anyone else experienced this issue?

D

Deleted User

I recommend you update A9LH to B9S, update luma to 8.1 and your 3ds Firmware to 11.5.
Make a nand back up before updateing your firmware just in case something happens!

CubeLer

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi, i have a little Question:
I will upgrade my Old 3ds XL with 9.2.0-20e(downgrade from 10.x.x.x) with Emunand and Luma.
Now i will upgrade to B9S without loosing my Emunand Data.Can i use the self SD Card or i need a second Card?
Can i se the Tutorial Step by Step or first backup my Emunand etc.

What is the first step by a modded Console?

Bye

Last edited by CubeLer,

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
So this is the state of my SD card after updating to Boot9strap and Luma 8.1.1.....

CDvKF7W.jpg

I cant even remember what 90% of these files and folder were for!.

Do i need...

mset
mset-spider
menuhax
hax
files9
hs.enc
slot0x1BkeyX.bin
slot0x05KeyY.bin
slot0x11key96.bin
slot0x25keyX.bin

anymore??

Anacobra

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
So this is the state of my SD card after updating to Boot9strap and Luma 8.1.1.....

CDvKF7W.jpg

I cant even remember what 90% of these files and folder were for!.

Do i need...

mset
mset-spider
menuhax
hax
files9
hs.enc
slot0x1BkeyX.bin
slot0x05KeyY.bin
slot0x11key96.bin
slot0x25keyX.bin

anymore??
There is an SD card cleaning script that if you followed the tutorial from 3ds.guide will clean up your SD card for you. https://3ds.guide/finalizing-setup

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
New metroid not on freeshop yet? Having said that, can't find other games like ninja turtles and kid icarus
if no one has uploaded titlekeys for it. Then no, you will not see those titles until thats done. There is also the cache that needs to refresh and update if there has been but isnt showing.

Reactions: ganons

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
New metroid not on freeshop yet? Having said that, can't find other games like ninja turtles and kid icarus
You can install Metroid by using the QR code on the titlekeys database site, but it won't be able to be played, as it isn't released yet.

Last edited by Quantumcat,
Reactions: ganons

20degrees

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Good evening. New member here but I've browsed here and there over the years. I got out of gaming back in the psp days. Anyways, I have a brand new 3ds xl (old) with firmware "ver 4.5.0-10u". This thing has been in my closet for years. Just decided to mess around with it.

What's the best option for me for Homebrew and the such? Should I cfw it or?

Thanks.

nugundam0079

Prime Сasual Dating - Verified Women
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Just bought Samus Returns. The game wants me to update to the latest FW (I'm on CFW 11.1.0-34U)

What should I do? or am I totally boned?

Thanks.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Good evening. New member here but I've browsed here and there over the years. I got out of gaming back in the psp days. Anyways, I have a brand new 3ds xl (old) with firmware "ver 4.5.0-10u". This thing has been in my closet for years. Just decided to mess around with it.

What's the best option for me for Homebrew and the such? Should I cfw it or?

Thanks.
Yes if you want to get the most out of it you should install CFW. Have a look at https://3ds.guide and choose back if you have any questions. It would be actually harder to just use userland homebrew so you may as well install CFW.

Reactions: 20degrees

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is bootstrap 9 mset or browser better?

Also, it looks like I need a flash cart too?
MSET requires a flashcart, browser requires a browser (the last number on your firmware after the dash not being zero). Use whichever you have. If you have neither, you'll have to either buy a DS flashcart (any), or update to 9.0-11.3 and use an alternative way of getting into homebrew (SoundHax will not work if you update with a cart)

Reactions: 20degrees

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Dem 🥜 s +1