3DS NOOB PARADISE - Ask questions here

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by Cyan, Dec 11, 2013.

1. callmeHUNTER

callmeHUNTER Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Hi,

I Am New with CFW and now running B9S with Luma 8.1.1. Is it okay that i am using my EmuNAND? And also, Is it okay to have My SysNAND as 9.2 and my EmuNAND as 11.5?

Thank You..

P.S. New Here At The Forums. :)

2. Quantumcat

Quantumcat Dead and alive

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    You can do that if you want but it will cause you issues and has no advantages (unless you want to change the region of the emuNAND so you can run two different regions on the same console).

And welcome!

3. callmeHUNTER

callmeHUNTER Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2017
    Philippines
    Thanks for the Reply Quantumcat :)

Was Wondering what are the advantages and disadvantages of using EmuNAND instead of SysNAND?

4. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    • You have to install DSiWare and GBA games on sysNAND as well for them to work on emuNAND
    • If your SD dies you lose all your data (i.e. if you don't want to lose your data you have to make a backup of emuNAND regularly)
    • You lose 1-2GB SD card space
    • If your console's SD slot stops working you lose access to your data
    • There are all sorts of unexpected behaviours/problems that can be troubleshot (eg NNID problems) but since sysNAND-only is the norm, less and less people will know how to help you. Even if your problem is not caused by having an emuNAND it will discourage people from helping you since there is a chance it's caused by something they don't have experience with.
    There are no real advantages to having emuNAND - you can restore a sysNAND backup as easily as an emuNAND one, and B9S is installed to sysNAND always so you aren't getting a clean/unmodified sysNAND.

5. callmeHUNTER

callmeHUNTER Member

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2017
    Philippines
    can i Transfer my EmuNAND games, apps ETC to sysNAND ? Is there a guide?

I Am afraid that i will messed up my sysNAND That's why i am using my emuNAND instead.

6. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    Yes you can follow https://3ds.guide/move-emunand
    You might like to first make a backup of your emuNAND and SD card contents (I think the guide doesn't make you do this) so you can guarantee losing no data (if something goes wrong).

7. Walo

Walo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    I don't think so. And both show as 11.5 U on System Settings

8. TudorBlue

TudorBlue GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Dec 29, 2007
    Need help here. I've not long ago updated my O3DS from A9LH to B9S. I then updated to the latest FW. Roms load OK but each time I try and use the likes of NTR or even enter homebrew, my 3DS crashes. I get the error seen in the photos. Is there any way of fixing this? If so, any help and advice with this will be very much appreciated.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

9. bomboy2121

bomboy2121 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2017
    Israel
    i got a n2dsxl on 1.14 and i want to hack it, is it safe to let it stay connected to the wifi (im afraid it will update itself to 1.15)

10. kapapt

kapapt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    Portugal
    Ignore

Last edited by kapapt, Sep 14, 2017
  11. Walo

Walo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    You still have to accept the firmware update, so just decline it.

12. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    I searched on CIANgel as saw Samus Returns is available. Am I dumb and this was just a video or something? It doesn't release till Friday, is it safe to download?

Seems weird to me since I could never find Hey! Pikmin and had trouble finding Miitopia and people would say wait till someone adds it to the keys site and that was weeks after release. I didn't know games could even release early in this way so it seems to good to be true.

I am planning on getting a physical copy of Metroid anyway because I want it but it's tempting to start playing early if it's safe.

13. Uumas

Uumas GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 17, 2016
    Finland
    11.5 is as easily hackable as 11.4 so you can just let it update. And as @Walo said, you can always choose to not let it update.

14. Majickhat55

Majickhat55 The Red Woman

Mar 28, 2016
    United States
    Asshai
    As long as the Title Id and encryption key exist (and are correct) a .CIA can be downloaded from the CDN using that info as long as it's available on the server regardless of release date. You still can't play it until the encryption seed is released however, and that will not happen until release day. So think of it like a pre-load.

blaisedinsd likes this.
  15. kasaam

kasaam Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 14, 2017
    Germany
    Hi,
    I got b9s and want to install cias on my 3ds. The most games worked without a problem. Some games were installed but when I started them the screen went black and a few moments later I was back in the home menu. Tried different sources for the cias now every game works except monster hunter stories, its always the same black screen and then im back in the home menu. Is there a trick or is this a problem with monster hunter stories?

16. bomboy2121

bomboy2121 Member

Newcomer
    Aug 22, 2017
    Israel
    but what happens if i hack 11.4 and then i update (lets say by mistake) to 11.5? will i need to hack it again?

17. frosyidi

frosyidi Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2017
    Indonesia
    How do i know what kind of cfw i used now?

18. Quantumcat

Nov 23, 2014
    Australia
    Canberra, Australia
    No, once it is hacked it is hacked. And 11.4 has less ways to hack than 11.5 (11.5 can use DSiWarehax, 11.4 only hardmod and ntrboot) so you should just update.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Hold Select on boot and see what Luma version it says you have.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Try installing it with freeShop

19. Distrance

Distrance 矢澤にこ

Nov 23, 2008
    Finland
    May be a stupid question, but does the NTR CFW for screen capture work on New 2DS console, or does it have to be a 3DS version?

20. Walo

Walo GBAtemp Regular

Aug 4, 2008
    Cote d'Ivoire
    Ok so the transfer process has been a complete disaster.

First things first. I realized that console region also included the country you set your profile as so that was quickly fixed and was able to move things along. I wasn't able to pick the "essentials" wireless transfer since the 4 GB SD card was still too small to receive the data, so I had to choose the "via PC option". It transferred a some system data through wireless and prompted me to manually transfer the SD files. I moved the data from the n3DS 4GB card back onto the old 64 GB card since I had a few save files I wanted to carry over, but since it offerred to overwrite some files, I only moved what wouldn't overwrite anything.

Supposedely, even though any games downloaded would need to be redownloaded, the previous save file would have been transferred over and allowed me to continue where I left off. I tried with two games I redownloaded and it had no save files. I went to Manage Data from the 3DS Settings and while it found no save files, it had all my GBA Injects greyed out and with a small cross to them.

I then tried opening my friend list since I'd assume that at least carried over and it said there were no Miis created and I had to do that first. That weirded me out bad and put the original 4 GB SD card back on and it also had no Miis or friendcode.

So I basically transferred my emunand system but now I can't access anything from the old system onto the new one. Plus I ended up having to reformat my old system.

So a few questions.
    First, what exactly happened and how can I salvage at least some of my old account. On SD > Nintendo 3DS, There's 3 system folders, one with today's date which is where I think the save files from the old one should go or something.
    Second, Could I technically restore my old emunand on my console? It seems to be on a clean 9.0 now. I think I

Edit: My eshop data (funds, redownloadable content) is on the system itself. So that's something I guess.

Snooping around https://3ds.guide/move-emunand I figured this could be what may be the issue. But a few peculiarities arose and I really don't want to screw up.
    On the first step regarding DSiWare, on SYSNAND TWLN -> title, instead of a folder 00030004, there was a 00030005 and 0003000f folders. (no biggie I thought and did the same copy over to 0:/gm9/out”
    Then on step 4 "Move Emunand to sysnand" things weren't not compatible at all. First, there's no [E:]Emunand Virtual option but there is a [S:]Sysnand Virtual folder, which also has a nand.bin file. When I select 'NAND image options', instead of "Restore SysNAND (safe) I get "mount image to drive", "update embedded backup" and "verify file".
    Since that was very different, I decided to ask here what might be the issue but it's so confusing...

Last edited by Walo, Sep 14, 2017