Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
I didn't reformat the SD card, so technically, the emunand should still be there right? Wasn't able to boot the homebrew launcher so I didn't bother backing up the emunand in the end.
And it's a big ouch on the save files, since I redownloaded both Animal Crossing and Majora's to see if the transfer worked proper.

It's a mess, I backed up the 4GB n3ds card and just took the 64GB one and switched it in the n3ds. But I have all this data from the old games on it and without really knowing how to delete the games from it, or at least nothing major...
What would be the best way to clean the SD card and losing as less as possible?
Do you have a backup of your emuNAND from before you transferred? That would be the easiest way. Restore that (either to sysNAND or emuNAND, whichever), put the unaltered SD card contents back, boot it up, and back up all your saves using JKSM. You can then restore these on the target also using JKSM (just copy over the JKSM folder that gets created when you backup your saves, run JKSM and import the saves).
If you don't, then put the SD card contents on the target console, and run tikShop to reinstall any tickets you are missing (only for games of your region on the titlekeys database - if you installed out of region games, find them on the titlekeys database site, show the QR code for them, scan with FBI under remote install -> QR code, decline to install from cdn or else the save file will be erased).

callmeHUNTER

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Yes you can follow
You might like to first make a backup of your emuNAND and SD card contents (I think the guide doesn't make you do this) so you can guarantee losing no data (if something goes wrong).

will this make my sysnand the same version as my emunand? will it consume space also? i've got like 1GB free space because of the games installed. If that's the case maybe i'll just stick on using emunand.

One more question, does Free shop have all the games? Recently ive searched HM Sky tree Village but it is not available on the Free shop, or is it that my Free shop is not updated?
Thank you for all your Help.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
will this make my sysnand the same version as my emunand? will it consume space also? i've got like 1GB free space because of the games installed. If that's the case maybe i'll just stick on using emunand.

One more question, does Free shop have all the games? Recently ive searched HM Sky tree Village but it is not available on the Free shop, or is it that my Free shop is not updated?
Thank you for all your Help.
It will mean you'll get an extra one or two GB.
FreeShop has only the games on the titlekeys database, which requires people to buy games on the eShop and share the titlekeys. You can check on the titlekeys database website to see if the game is there. If it isn't, then nobody has bought and shared it yet.

R4ismychildhood

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Guys I bought a new "New 3DS XL (North America) yesterday, I have two questions:

1) Is this A9 or B9? Because It only has FBI but not Luma? What other things do I need to install?

2) For installing 3DS games, should I use FBI (downloading CIA on computer then move to SD card) or Freeshop? The first method takes forever to download but the second method can get banned!? :huh: thxxx
1884041e-7bb5-480c-8978-02386d901f37.jpg

Last edited by R4ismychildhood,

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
https://s5.pixxxels.org/5a3yqf3tz/1884041e-7bb5-480c-8978-02386d901f37.jpg
Guys I bought a new "New 3DS XL (North America) yesterday, I have two questions:

1) Is this A9 or B9? Because It only has FBI but not Luma? What other things do I need to install?

2) For installing 3DS games, should I use FBI (downloading CIA on computer then move to SD card) or Freeshop? The first method takes forever to download but the second method can get banned!? :huh: thxxx

Dude, Luma isn't on the home menu the thing you're talking about is the Luma updater. Anyway, hold select then press power and tell me what version of Luma you're on, then I can tell you if you have A9LH or B9S.

Um, both of those methods install CIAs the EXACT same way. Freeshop has absolutely no correlation to CFW bans. If you don't want to get banned, don't cheat online and don't play games before release date while connected to the internet. Other than that the reason behind CFW bans are all bullshit guesswork.

Reactions: Quantumcat

R4ismychildhood

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Dude, Luma isn't on the home menu the thing you're talking about is the Luma updater. Anyway, hold select then press power and tell me what version of Luma you're on, then I can tell you if you have A9LH or B9S.

Um, both of those methods install CIAs the EXACT same way. Freeshop has absolutely no correlation to CFW bans. If you don't want to get banned, don't cheat online and don't play games before release date while connected to the internet. Other than that the reason behind CFW bans are all bullshit guesswork.
It says "Luma 8.0"

MalcusPine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new with cfw and i just got a New 3DS Xl yesterday so I have a lot of question to ask before I try to do it by myself.
1.Can I Un CFW? and after i Uninstall CFW will all CFW software such as Luma,Homebrew and FBI disappear from my 3DS?
2.What Happen to all .cia games after I update a firmware? Will the games unable to play? and if i can still play,can I go online without getting ban?
3.I'm having a 11.3 version so after I open Homebrew with SoundHax do I have to Update my system to 11.5? as following this video
4.Is nand backup the same as sysnand?
5.how can I backup with back up nand ?,in case i brick the console.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm new with cfw and i just got a New 3DS Xl yesterday so I have a lot of question to ask before I try to do it by myself.
1.Can I Un CFW? and after i Uninstall CFW will all CFW software such as Luma,Homebrew and FBI disappear from my 3DS?
2.What Happen to all .cia games after I update a firmware? Will the games unable to play? and if i can still play,can I go online without getting ban?
3.I'm having a 11.3 version so after I open Homebrew with SoundHax do I have to Update my system to 11.5? as following this video
4.Is nand backup the same as sysnand?
5.how can I backup with back up nand ?,in case i brick the console.

1. Yes you can uninstall it if you want to. Yes, all apps/games installed from CFW will be removed (well they will be installed but the tickets won't be legit so you couldn't play them) if you remove it (common sense really)
2. As long as you retain CFW, nothing will happen to your games/apps from updating. Luma has firmware protection so the console cannot get rid of CFW without your input.
3. It's recommended to update your console to the latest firmware after you successfully install CFW; yes. Also please don't use video guides use the guide here for the most recent and updated information. https://3ds.guide/
4. Yes a nand backup is a backup of your SysNAND.
5. There are direction for restoring a NAND backup on the same guide I linked. However, a NAND backup will not fix a BSOD, MCU or other hardware related bricks. A NAND backup is really a failsafe in case something becomes broken/incompatible; it's not really something that can restore a bricked console on it's own. You need access to the console to restore a NAND.

MalcusPine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that was quick :) but i still have some questions follow up your answers,if you dont mind.
1.How to Uninstall CFW ?
2.If I Uninastall CFW,will I still be able to play .cia games?
3.So...Am i Suppose to Update my firmware after I install Luma,homebrew and,FBI?
4.Can I Update my firmware to 11.6 first then install CFW?
5.What is H&S injection?

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow that was quick :) but i still have some questions follow up your answers,if you dont mind.
1.How to Uninstall CFW ?
2.If I Uninastall CFW,will I still be able to play .cia games?
3.So...Am i Suppose to Update my firmware after I install Luma,homebrew and,FBI?
4.Can I Update my firmware to 11.6 first then install CFW?
5.What is H&S injection?
1. There is a guide, it's not a one step thing.
2. No, I already told you that (there are exceptions for legit .CIAs that come pre-installed on consoles). Those tickets "may" be signed correctly and still be useable after uninstalling CFW. There are only two I know of off the top of my head Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon Sun/Moon. Granted you would have to be 100% sure you installed the correct .CIA, else like I said it will remain installed but unplayable unless you buy it.
3. No, there is no 11.6 for one the newest is 11.5, and two you'll lose your chance to install CFW for free.
5. It is injecting a CIA into the Health and Safety app, usually reserved for title managers that allow you to install CIA files with a homescreen app. You can use FBI injected into H&S to install the FBI.cia, then you can restore Health and Safety if you choose.

Reactions: MalcusPine

MalcusPine

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. There is a guide, it's not a one step thing.
2. No, I already told you that (there are exceptions for legit .CIAs that come pre-installed on consoles). Those tickets "may" be signed correctly and still be useable after uninstalling CFW. There are only two I know of off the top of my head Mario Kart 7 and Pokemon Sun/Moon. Granted you would have to be 100% sure you installed the correct .CIA, else like I said it will remain installed but unplayable unless you buy it.
3. No, there is no 11.6 for one the newest is 11.5, and two you'll lose your chance to install CFW for free.
5. It is injecting a CIA into the Health and Safety app, usually reserved for title managers that allow you to install CIA files with a homescreen app. You can use FBI injected into H&S to install the FBI.cia, then you can restore Health and Safety if you choose.
I meant 11.5 not 11.6 ,sorry and Wow thankyou so much for your answer.And thanks for the link to the guide.Have a nice day.:3

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"