• Views 4,511,867
  • Replies 53,796
  • Likes 43

gsf600y

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Other than that, an A9LH backup is better anyways. You can't accidentally uninstall A9LH with an A9LH backup. Even if you choose to not keep A9LH when you restore NAND backup, you'll retain it because it's in the image itself.
So, what do I use to take a new NAND backup of the A9LH modified NAND as it is now?
Also, should I also be getting a backup of my OTP, and if so, how do I get that?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So, what do I use to take a new NAND backup of the A9LH modified NAND as it is now?
Also, should I also be getting a backup of my OTP, and if so, how do I get that?

The OTP you have if you've installed A9LH, and it's in your files9 folder. You can't get another without downgrading to 2.1. You won't need one for anything anyways, because if you could install A9LH by flashing an image onto your console which is what udsploit and safehax does, and for some reason you had A9LH uninstalled, then you could just use the NAND image you'll create shortly.

If you followed the guide very recently then you have the newest version of Godmode bound to your start key, so to boot into it you'd hold start and then power on the device. I'm not sure how to use G9 though, and the new NAND image format is weird because it doesn't create a .sha file with it, which would be used to verify the integrity of the NAND backup. What you could do (and what I'd do) is download this, rename it to up_Hourglass9.bin, put it in SD\Luma\Payloads folder. Then hold UP while powering on the device, go to NAND Backup/restore, and create a new backup from there. Do the minimum size backup, and you'll get nandmin.bin and nandmin.bin.sha files on your SD card that you should then back up elsewhere.

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
The OTP you have if you've installed A9LH, and it's in your files9 folder. You can't get another without downgrading to 2.1. You won't need one for anything anyways, because if you could install A9LH by flashing an image onto your console which is what udsploit and safehax does, and for some reason you had A9LH uninstalled, then you could just use the NAND image you'll create shortly.

If you followed the guide very recently then you have the newest version of Godmode bound to your start key, so to boot into it you'd hold start and then power on the device. I'm not sure how to use G9 though, and the new NAND image format is weird because it doesn't create a .sha file with it, which would be used to verify the integrity of the NAND backup. What you could do (and what I'd do) is download this, rename it to up_Hourglass9.bin, put it in SD\Luma\Payloads folder. Then hold UP while powering on the device, go to NAND Backup/restore, and create a new backup from there. Do the minimum size backup, and you'll get nandmin.bin and nandmin.bin.sha files on your SD card that you should then back up elsewhere.
Actually, GodMode9 creates the .sha file also. It's only safectrnandtransfer that doesn't.

sinaemar

Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
I have gotten a New 3ds XL with a set of gateway (Red-Blue) as a gift. It is frame ware is 9.6.0.24 US. What are my solutions and what should I do?
I watched and read a lot of tutorials and I am fairly confused. The only thing that I could manage so far is to bring Home brew Puncher up through a sound file.
Gateway formal tutorial is for 9.2.0 and below not above. Also I do not know how to downgrade and etc.

I will appreciate any help possible.

Temptress Cerise

Miss Magic~ <3
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have gotten a New 3ds XL with a set of gateway (Red-Blue) as a gift. It is frame ware is 9.6.0.24 US. What are my solutions and what should I do?
I watched and read a lot of tutorials and I am fairly confused. The only thing that I could manage so far is to bring Home brew Puncher up through a sound file.
Gateway formal tutorial is for 9.2.0 and below not above. Also I do not know how to downgrade and etc.

I will appreciate any help possible.
Follow the guide. https://3ds.guide/

I would highly advise against the use of the red GW cart. But if you must use it, you'll need to set up a GW EmuNAND and it cannot be over 11.2. As GW does not support 11.3/11.4.
If you decide not to setup an EmuNAND and boot the red GW cart on a SysNAND-Only setup on 11.3 or 11.4. You will lose A9LH and be on a stock system.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Luma config settings?

If you have “Clock+L2(x)” enabled. Turn it off.

Do you have L2+Clock enabled? If you do, disable it.

Wasn't this fixed like ages ago (few months) in a Luma hourly? Also L2+Clock results in an error, not a black screen.

I do not its set to "Off" just updated luma to 7.0 seeing if it will make a difference

edit: still black screen

Do you have newest HBL installed? You have to remove the current one and download/install the newest one to update.

Last edited by Distrance,

Nerov4

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello everyone i have a new 3ds that i want to hack for cfw, i previously had reinand on 11.2.0-35E cfw with menuhax but i want to use the A9HL hack
I'm a little lost to where i should start looking. Can please somebody help me and give me directions. Thanks a lot and sorry for the bad english..

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can I install nintendo ds games on my 3ds? If so, how?
You need a flashcard to play DS games. If you get a compatible flashcard, you can install Forwarder CIAs that will launch the game on your flashcard's SD card as long as the flashcard is in your system and you have CFW. I personally recommend this flashcard.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU