• Replies 53,775
  • Likes 43

Todderbert

Korg Fanboy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Ok, this method leaves me stuck on a 3DS booting screen when trying to run this .cia file on another 3DS. I feel I'm missing something here.

I missed that I needed to update that other 3DS before the game would work...noob alert here.

Also while I thought Godmode9 would not work for creating .cia from eshop files, I installed hourglass9 to boot while holding down on power up. It is a very simple program, and handles the .cia creation process in a more noob friendly way. Just thought to add that. Thanks again for all your help.

misscorerupted

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, I am a total NOOB and I have a basic understanding of consoles etc.
I've recently bought a 2DS,
1. Is it the same basic thing (for searching for help etc) as a 3DS? My understanding is the 3D function is the only difference between them, I'm probably totally wrong.
2. I would like to download some games for it. Am I correct in thinking that a R4 or Sky3DS card is the way to go?
3. Downloaded games are ROMs? Is that correct.

Totally overwhelmed with all the info out there and the acronyms

Thanks

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
hey ya'll.
the word around the water cooler is that these things(http://www.nds-card.com/ProShow.asp?ProID=141) work on 3ds cfw now(ihave old 3ds xl) before i buy on i just wanted to make sure of what exactly i need to use it.
If it works on dslite, it should work on 3ds cfw without problem, but wait until other users confirm it just in case

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
1. Is it the same basic thing (for searching for help etc) as a 3DS? My understanding is the 3D function is the only difference between them, I'm probably totally wrong.
2. I would like to download some games for it. Am I correct in thinking that a R4 or Sky3DS card is the way to go?

Thanks
1) yes
2) yes, but r4 + CFW its the best setup
3) yes

Reactions: misscorerupted

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland

Thanks
2. If you want to play roms you should follow https://3ds.guide

Reactions: misscorerupted

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
edit: i want to play ds games not 3ds ones.
I know what you meant.
I said that because there are very old flashcards that aren't even detected when you insert it into your 3ds and some need additional software to be able to run.
As I said, I believe that if the flashcard is compatible with dsi games, then It should work.
I cannot see that feature on the description so I'm not sure if it would works on 3ds (even if it's a ds flashcard just to play ds roms)

edit: I said dslite, but I meant dsi on my previous post, sorry

Arashiblitz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question guys, lets hope somebody can help me... My friend was on 11.3 and via soundhax installed a9lh + luma 6.6. The thing is that he wanted to copy and paste his saves from an SD to the new one used for the process (from a 4GB to a 16GB) but he accidentally erased what I suppose was the FBI extdata folder and we cannot recover it. What happens is, that he still has his 2DS hacked, but with no way to install the FBI again or access Homebrew Launcher since he's on 11.4 atm. Does someone know how to install a new FBI or access the HL in that version?
If it helps, when he boots with [Start] pressed, he boots in GodMode9 (I say this 'cause I know GM9 is useful to manage .cia and stuff, and maybe you can install cias or whatever I don't know, since I searched but sadly no results...)

Thanks in advance!

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question guys, lets hope somebody can help me... My friend was on 11.3 and via soundhax installed a9lh + luma 6.6. The thing is that he wanted to copy and paste his saves from an SD to the new one used for the process (from a 4GB to a 16GB) but he accidentally erased what I suppose was the FBI extdata folder and we cannot recover it. What happens is, that he still has his 2DS hacked, but with no way to install the FBI again or access Homebrew Launcher since he's on 11.4 atm. Does someone know how to install a new FBI or access the HL in that version?
If it helps, when he boots with [Start] pressed, he boots in GodMode9 (I say this 'cause I know GM9 is useful to manage .cia and stuff, and maybe you can install cias or whatever I don't know, since I searched but sadly no results...)

Thanks in advance!
You could try injecting fbi into H&S and use the H&S to install the fbi (just follow section V, VI and VII).
It's just an idea, It should work but I've never done it before

Last edited by Arubaro,

superj1018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok it's a long story my sd card was cfw and but my sd card got deleted it's on firmware 11.3.0.36 I'm trying to reinstall cfw but every time I load safehax in homebrew I just get a black screen

pixelmasher

Gaming Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok it's a long story my sd card was cfw and but my sd card got deleted it's on firmware 11.3.0.36 I'm trying to reinstall cfw but every time I load safehax in homebrew I just get a black screen
What's your setup? If it was a9lh + Luma3DS, then just copy the arm9loaderhax.bin from the latest Luma3DS release onto the root of your SD card. Formatting your SD card kills your games, saves, etc., but not CFW.

superj1018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's your setup? If it was a9lh + Luma3DS, then just copy the arm9loaderhax.bin from the latest Luma3DS release onto the root of your SD card. Formatting your SD card kills your games, saves, etc., but not CFW.
Yeah I noticed I can still boot into Luma so I'll try that

Broutowicz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If i were to system transfer my n3dsxl which has cfw to a stock n3ds what would happen and which files would actually go through? Please help.

superj1018

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed all the files from the installing arm9loaderhax part but I can't get into Godmode 9 to install fbi etc.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Do I make you randy!!! Lol