• Views 4,486,063
  • Replies 53,787
  • Likes 43

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You just need to download the latest version of Luma (6.6) and put the arm9loaderhax.bin on the root of you SD card.
Then, paste the "3ds" folder that's inside the "hax" folder and merge, if you already have a "3ds" folder in your 3ds.
At that point, you can try running the homebrew launcher and run luma from there.
You can configure a coldboot after that if you want.

Or even better, you can follow the http://3ds.guide and restore your emunand into your sysnand (this step is almost at the end of the guide)

But how do I get to the homebrew launcher if it tries to boot right into rxtools?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Menuhax boots right into rxtools ^^'
You should have a button you can press to run homebrew launcher, or at least, sysnand.
You could be running into rxtools if:
- You configured a coldboot manager, so you need to configure it's cfg file to boot luma instead of rxtools.
- You placed the rxtools.3dsx into the root of your sd card and renamed it "boot.3dsx"
So you can try renaming the luma.3dsx to "boot.3dsx" and placing it into the root of your sd card or use the original boot.3dsx and configure the coldboot manager.
You can even press the button you have to press (the button depends on the config you used when menuhax was installed) to boot your sysnand,
run homebrew from there and then, boot the /3ds/luma3ds/luma3ds.3dsx from there

Reactions: LaronX

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
You should have a button you can press to run homebrew launcher, or at least, sysnand.
You could be running into rxtools if:
- You configured a coldboot manager, so you need to configure it's cfg file to boot luma instead of rxtools.
- You placed the rxtools.3dsx into the root of your sd card and renamed it "boot.3dsx"
So you can try renaming the luma.3dsx to "boot.3dsx" and placing it into the root of your sd card or use the original boot.3dsx and configure the coldboot manager.
You can even press the button you have to press (the button depends on the config you used when menuhax was installed) to boot your sysnand,
run homebrew from there and then, boot the /3ds/luma3ds/luma3ds.3dsx from there

If I hold R to boot into sysnand I can use cubic ninja to boot into 11.3 emunnand. But it doesn't do it on boot up and I don't know where to change it.

edit:
If I remove the rxtools folders it tells me that it couldn't load the arm9payloader on a purple flashing screen and after "pressing any key" which has to be b. I selected homebrew launcher and since then it doing that launches rights into emu 11,3 which I assume is Luma? Not a very elegant solution

Last edited by LaronX,

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i downloaded the New 3DS or Old 3DS or 2DS 2.1.0 - EUR - ctrtransfer (i use the new 3ds xl) but when i open the zip file the filename says 2.1.0-4E_ctrtransfer_o3ds.bin/sha o3ds (assuming old 3ds)..

Since i dont want to screw it up, is this the correct file even for the new 3ds xl or am i retarded and overlooking a download link? (the page https://3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer)

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
i downloaded the New 3DS or Old 3DS or 2DS 2.1.0 - EUR - ctrtransfer (i use the new 3ds xl) but when i open the zip file the filename says 2.1.0-4E_ctrtransfer_o3ds.bin/sha o3ds (assuming old 3ds)..

Since i dont want to screw it up, is this the correct file even for the new 3ds xl or am i retarded and overlooking a download link? (the page https://3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer)
It is basically a o3ds firmware (And that's why you'll brick if you close the lid, update the system or format it in 2.1) but it works on the n3ds as well.

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It is basically a o3ds firmware (And that's why you'll brick if you close the lid, update the system or format it in 2.1) but it works on the n3ds as well.

alright make sense, better safe then sorry tho :D

Appreciate the quick answer!

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
If I hold R to boot into sysnand I can use cubic ninja to boot into 11.3 emunnand. But it doesn't do it on boot up and I don't know where to change it.

edit:
If I remove the rxtools folders it tells me that it couldn't load the arm9payloader on a purple flashing screen and after "pressing any key" which has to be b. I selected homebrew launcher and since then it doing that launches rights into emu 11,3 which I assume is Luma? Not a very elegant solution
Do you have a file called "boot.cfg" in your SD?

Reactions: LaronX

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Open it with a text editor (notepad, sublime or whatever) and search for something like

Code:
// Boot menu entries (11 max)
    entries =
Under that, you'll see something like rxtools blablabla...
replace it with this
Code:
            title = "Luma3DS";
            path = "/3ds/Luma3DS/Luma3DS.3dsx";
            offset = "0x12000";

And try booting your 3ds just as you have done until the updating

Last edited by Arubaro,
Reactions: satan89 and LaronX

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Open it with a text editor (notepad, sublime or whatever) and search for something like

Code:
// Boot menu entries (11 max)
    entries =
Under that, you'll see something like rxtools blablabla...
replace it with this
Code:
            title = "Luma3DS";
            path = "/3ds/Luma3DS/Luma3DS.3dsx";
            offset = "0x12000";

And try booting your 3ds just as you have done until the updating

Thanks a lot that did it. Now I would need to get into the luma menu to change the GBA settings. Do you know how to do that?

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks a lot that did it. Now I would need to get into the luma menu to change the GBA settings. Do you know how to do that?
This is a little tricky, because you need to press SELECT to open the menu config, but pressing SELECT can also trigger something related to booting sysnand or coldboot.
The easier thing to do should be removing the "luma" folder you have on your sd card's root, so once you boot luma, the menu config will be shown automatically like when you boot luma for the first time

Last edited by Arubaro,
Reactions: satan89 and LaronX

LaronX

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
This is a little tricky, because you need to press SELECT to open the menu config, but pressing SELECT can also trigger something related to booting sysnand or coldboot.
The easier thing to do should be removing the "luma" folder you have on your sd card's root, so once you boot luma, the menu config will be shown automatically like when you boot luma for the first time

Thanks a lot again man. You really helped me a lot today :D

Reactions: Arubaro

Nickm23

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
there was an page a few months ago with qr codes for alot of cias u can download via fbi, does this page still exist? or is there a better way now?

tuugberk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I installed a9h+luma. I was using gateway before.Can i recruit the save files in the gateway? I had .3ds and .cia games installed into it. I've backed its sd card before installing a9h(there is a guide in the forum but it involves using gateway emunand and i dont really wanna install an emunand)

Another question, i had another sd card (i didnt install luma3ds into this) and it had a .cia game savefile. It was a legit copy from e-shop. Can i recruit its savefile?

Uumas

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
there was an page a few months ago with qr codes for alot of cias u can download via fbi, does this page still exist? or is there a better way now?
Open FBI, go to titledb, there is a list, that includes many homebrew cias.
E. And it seems https://titledb.com has qr codes, if you want to use them.

Last edited by Uumas,
Reactions: Shikkichu

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
To recap: 11.3 doesn't change anything for hacking 3DS/2DS with stock firmware equal or below 11.2 right? You just follow 3ds.guide and THEN update to 11.3? Does Freeshop work in 11.3?
Is basically any sealed 3DS on the market still hackable? (except the inevitable newer bundles with 11.3 preinstalled)

Last edited by GBA rocks,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Her boob is the cause of all this current shit :angry: