• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

SirHaxALot

Yum Cookies! :3
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Quick question: Do legit (purchased on eShop) games dumped with decrypt9 from NAND contain any data which can be used to identify the source?

And is there any way to dump DSiWare as cia?

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hey-o, so I need a bit of help. I'm helping a friend out (and he's not very tech savvy, so bare with me), and he's having a lot of troubles with a new SD card he has. He already has a 3DS running on Luma3DS at 11.2, and he's trying to move all his stuff from a 16 gig SD card to a 32 one. It was supposed to be a simple copy-and-paste to the new SD card (at least that's what I believe is the right idea), but now he always boots into a black screen. Any idea what's the cause of it? I'd appreciate the help!

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have CFW on my system now and everything, and I was thinking...I have an old cycloDS card from back in the days of regular DS...can I get that working on this? I feel like I've seen mention of it, but I haven't had any luck remembering where.

DerpDude

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have A9L and Luma. I know everyone says it's safe to update to 11.3 with CFW but I wanted to do a few things first.

1. How do I boot Sysnand to take a look everything is still clean.
2. What homebrew do I use to make a fresh back up. ( i have the original one tucked away on my PC but it's been there a long while and ignorant whether it is good, untouched)
3. After confirming my Sysnand is still good and untouched and I have a Fresh backup I just update Luma, then sysupdate as normal?

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
My brother has pokemon moon and I have sun. We would like to play each other's game. (And also at some point in the future, Pokemon Nova Sun romhack)

Why not just download the game from freeShop?

So I have CFW on my system now and everything, and I was thinking...I have an old cycloDS card from back in the days of regular DS...can I get that working on this? I feel like I've seen mention of it, but I haven't had any luck remembering where.

Luma patches the fixes on the console that block flashcarts so it should work as is. If it doesn't, you might need to either update the card's firmware, or use "TWL slot-1 loader" or an similar app.

I have A9L and Luma. I know everyone says it's safe to update to 11.3 with CFW but I wanted to do a few things first.

1. How do I boot Sysnand to take a look everything is still clean.
2. What homebrew do I use to make a fresh back up. ( i have the original one tucked away on my PC but it's been there a long while and ignorant whether it is good, untouched)
3. After confirming my Sysnand is still good and untouched and I have a Fresh backup I just update Luma, then sysupdate as normal?

A9LH+Luma is on sysnand unless you specifically set up emuNAND. When you go to the System Settings if the FW says SYS 11.2 then you're on sysNAND. There is no reason to emuNAND either way.

I don't understand what you mean by checking if everything is "clean". To make a backup, hold START when you power on the device and then go to SysNAND Options and create a NANDmin.bin backup.

Yes update Luma then update console. Some people say nightlies aren't recommended so if you can be bothered then download a stable release of Luma from it's appropriate thread. If you're lazy, download a nightly update with Luma3DS updater.

Hey-o, so I need a bit of help. I'm helping a friend out (

If it's a black screen where the blue light fades quickly off then you don't have arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of the SD card. Also remember that the SD card must be formatted to FAT32, so if it's not then remove the files, format, and put the files back in again.

Last edited by Distrance,
Reactions: DerpDude

Dalrint

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Luma patches the fixes on the console that block flashcarts so it should work as is. If it doesn't, you might need to either update the card's firmware, or use "TWL slot-1 loader" or an similar app.

I'm trying with an...eight? year old CycloDS. I don't think it ever worked on 3DS at all (not sure it even worked on DSi honestly) so I think I may be screwed either way. The latest firmware released for it and the system doesn't even detect it when it's put in.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm trying with an...eight? year old CycloDS. I don't think it ever worked on 3DS at all (not sure it even worked on DSi honestly) so I think I may be screwed either way. The latest firmware released for it and the system doesn't even detect it when it's put in.

Ah I didn't recognize the card name. It could still work but I just don't know how. Perhaps someone else can offer a more helpful answer. But honestly if it doesn't work just pick up an R4 or any other cheapo DSi card used from somewhere for $5 bucks. Not a huge investment and even the original R4 works.

TamDanny

GBATemp 3DS Fanatic
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
If it's a black screen where the blue light fades quickly off then you don't have arm9loaderhax.bin file on the root of the SD card. Also remember that the SD card must be formatted to FAT32, so if it's not then remove the files, format, and put the files back in again.
Hm, anything else that can cause it? The light doesn't turn off when the console is booting (and we've checked that the files are all there), and the card is in FAT32 (though now we're trying a full format instead of a quick one. Don't know if that'll do a difference).

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hm, anything else that can cause it? The light doesn't turn off when the console is booting (and we've checked that the files are all there), and the card is in FAT32 (though now we're trying a full format instead of a quick one. Don't know if that'll do a difference).

The file might be corrupted. Try replacing it just in case. The SD card could also be corrupted or fake, did you check it with h2testw?

Flipnfr3ak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Aloha all,

Ok so I found my old N3ds lol. Yes I have 2. Now the one I'm currently working had 9.2 sysnand and 11.2 emunand with reinand cfw. Now my question is, how would I go about converting to a9hl/luma without losing anything? I'm currently backing up the sysnand and emunand with emunand9. I lost the files when I got a new computer. Also this N3ds is banned with the 2282 code. So it's perm.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Aloha all,

Ok so I found my old N3ds lol. Yes I have 2. Now the one I'm currently working had 9.2 sysnand and 11.2 emunand with reinand cfw. Now my question is, how would I go about converting to a9hl/luma without losing anything? I'm currently backing up the sysnand and emunand with emunand9. I lost the files when I got a new computer. Also this N3ds is banned with the 2282 code. So it's perm.

Follow the 3DS guide. The guide tells you how to keep everything you have. The gist of is that you backup emuNAND and once A9LH is installed, you flash your emuNAND onto your sysNAND. You could also setup emuNAND with A9LH but it really does not make any difference so you don't have to bother with that. But really the whole "keep everything from emuNAND" is intergrated into the guide itself so just follow it from the beginning as if you were on a stock console.

N64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did a system transfer from an a9lh 3ds to an a9lh 3ds. it errored out on the target system after step 5 of 5 (transferring eshop). it formatted the source system. i have an older nand backup of the source system just in case. i've restored this to the source 3ds for now. i moved the microsd card from the source system to the target system, but it didn't recognize the data in it. now, there is a new id folder in the nintendo 3ds folder. is there anyway to recover and use from the old folder? i have backups of everything. i was able to link my nnid to the target 3ds so the transfer worked fine on N's end, but I can't access the data thats in the nintendo 3ds folder.. thought I'd be able to simply reinstall tickets and be on my way, but this appears to be tougher than that.

Last edited by N64,

Funkymon

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
With Homebrew Launcher potentially not working on 11.3 for a while, if I manage to obtain a copy of someone else's dumped DSP firmware, will that let me get sound in other homebrew? I can install it in CIA format, so it's just a matter of getting the DSP dumped.

Flipnfr3ak

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Follow the 3DS guide. The guide tells you how to keep everything you have. The gist of is that you backup emuNAND and once A9LH is installed, you flash your emuNAND onto your sysNAND. You could also setup emuNAND with A9LH but it really does not make any difference so you don't have to bother with that. But really the whole "keep everything from emuNAND" is intergrated into the guide itself so just follow it from the beginning as if you were on a stock console.

Ok my next question for this is that do I start the process in emunand or sysnand?

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry if this question is not really hack-related, but I didn't want to create a thread for this...

How much battery drain is considered normal during sleep mode on a n3DSXL?
I've read that some people keep their 3DS on sleep mode for days... But I can hardly imagine that because I recently set mine to sleep during a game after fully charging it and maybe playing for about 2 hours or so (GBC VC, brightness on 2) and after coming back to it after about 3-4 hours the LED was already red (but not flashing). Wifi was off all the time.
Is that still normal? How are people keeping it on sleep mode for days without running out of battery? :huh:
Does it drain the battery when I keep my R4i cart in the slot?

Last edited by Aglaophotis,

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Bcuz it's illegal? (And for ROM hack)

Dumping the game that you've bought on eShop, then giving that CIA to your friend to install is also illegal. What you're doing is no different. If you download a game from an iso site, it's a CIA dump. If you dump a game yourself and give it to your friend it's still a CIA dump. It's illegal either way, because the title key for that game is yours and yours only. While I understand that if the games were physical copies you could just trade games - essentially loaning a game to your friend, the "loaning a game" concept does and can not apply to digital games. Plus you're not loaning here - once your friend installs the CIA onto their console they now have a permanent copy of that game .. for free. It's literally the same thing.

Also it's worth noting that instead of going through the trouble of dumping the game and giving it to your friend (which again, is illegal), you could've just dumped your enctitlekey.bin for that game, given it to your friend who could've used that specific key to download it from Nintendo's servers by using freeShop. What you want to do is illegal and so would this method be, but it would at least save you time considerably. Or you know, you could just download it from freeShop with an enctitlekey you got from online that contains titlekeys for all games. It literally makes no difference.

You're free to do as you like but don't kid yourself that what you want to do is somehow different from just simply downloading it. And remember that we live in Finland. No one's gonna come knock on your door and drag you away for piracy .. That does not happen in Finland unless you pirate Finnish music - then all hell is loose.

Ok my next question for this is that do I start the process in emunand or sysnand?

I already explained but all you have to do is follow the guide from the very beginning as if using a stock console. Pretend you have no emuNAND. When you get to the part "Installing arm9loaderhax" you will, after installation, restore the backup you earlier made. But instead of restoring a sysNAND backup, you will flash your emuNAND onto your sysNAND. You can prep for this by already creating an emuNAND backup but according to you, you already created such a backup anyway.

Last edited by Distrance,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: