• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

mr.game.and.watc

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I'm having some problems with Homebrew Launcher, every time i try to launch a CFW (Like Luma3DS) in emunand, nothing happens, i just get vanilla sysnand.
Also, i notice when the Homebrew Launcher is loading, i get 2 kinds of lines of text.

2.jpg 1.jpg

The first one happens with themehax/menuhax, and the second one with StickerHax, explanation?

USA, OLD3DS with 9.2

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi what is the difference between cia files and legit cia files of 3ds games. Which one is best to use?
Legit CIA files are very few, they are the ones created by Nintendo and can be installed without CFW, the other CIA are made by users and need CFW to be used.
In that note you still need Homebrew to install Legit CIA, beacuse they are not meant to be installed by users.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi what is the difference between cia files and legit cia files of 3ds games. Which one is best to use?

Legit CIA files are very few, they are the ones created by Nintendo and can be installed without CFW, the other CIA are made by users and need CFW to be used.
In that note you still need Homebrew to install Legit CIA, beacuse they are not meant to be installed by users.

"What is a legit cia?" (and other noob CIA questions ANSWERED)

Lubre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, i am in the middle of the hack and i saw this on the guide:

''Putting a New 3DS on 2.1.0 in sleep mode is known to cause an UNRECOVERABLE brick! This only happens when shutting the lid while the device is on; this does not apply to turning the device off. You should continue without delay to avoid any possibility of this happening!''

When do i know i am on 2.1.0 ctrtransfer? When will be able to close the lid as usual?

Aman310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, i am in the middle of the hack and i saw this on the guide:

''Putting a New 3DS on 2.1.0 in sleep mode is known to cause an UNRECOVERABLE brick! This only happens when shutting the lid while the device is on; this does not apply to turning the device off. You should continue without delay to avoid any possibility of this happening!''

When do i know i am on 2.1.0 ctrtransfer? When will be able to close the lid as usual?
It is best not to close the lid at all untill you completely finish all the steps of the guide. So do not close the lid and just continue.

Lubre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is best not to close the lid at all untill you completely finish all the steps of the guide. So do not close the lid and just continue.

Alright, thanks, but now i am starting up Safehax and it is stuck on ''Beginning attempt 0xd00''.

What should i do?

Aman310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, thanks, but now i am starting up Safehax and it is stuck on ''Beginning attempt 0xd00''.

What should i do?
Hold the power button untill the console shut down completely and then switch on the console and try again. It is a normal error. You will get success after some attempts.

Lubre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hold the power button untill the console shut down completely and then switch on the console and try again. It is a normal error. You will get success after some attempts.

Ah, ok.

Fuck man, every single small error is scary as hell. I just keep flooding the thread with stupid questions, but i really want to make sure everything will go well.

When i tried to transfer the CTRtransfer files to my SD, it actually crashed WinRAR the first time, should i be worried? I also noticed the name implies it was made for the older 3DS....

Last edited by Lubre,

Aman310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ah, ok.

Fuck man, every single small error is scary as hell. I just keep flooding the thread with stupid questions, but i really want to make sure everything will go well.

When i tried to transfer the CTRtransfer files to my SD, it actually crashed WinRAR the first time, should i be worried? I also noticed the name implies it was made for the older 3DS....
Sorry i didnt came across such error. I dont think it will be an issue but i am not sure.

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, ok.

If WinRAR crashed a file could have been currupted my advise is to delete the files you transfered and do it again

Lubre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If WinRAR crashed a file could have been currupted my advise is to delete the files you transfered and do it again

Yeah once i closed WinRAR, i deleted the file that did transfer and tried again, it didnt crash that time, so it should be fine now.

I will go to the Files folder to delete them soon as a step of the guide, nonethless. If theres some corruption i am guessing Decrypt9 will come across an error.

jack_okami

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah once i closed WinRAR, i deleted the file that did transfer and tried again, it didnt crash that time, so it should be fine now.

I will go to the Files folder to delete them soon as a step of the guide, nonethless. If theres some corruption i am guessing Decrypt9 will come across an error.
Yeah you should be fine tho

Lubre

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, almost done. I finished the step to restore NANDmin.bin, but when i pressed Reboot, i got the ''Failed to mount CTRNAN'' message and the system shut off.

Is this normal? Should i turn it on and continue?

Aman310

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright, almost done. I finished the step to restore NANDmin.bin, but when i pressed Reboot, i got the ''Failed to mount CTRNAN'' message and the system shut off.

Is this normal? Should i turn it on and continue?
Ya its normal. Just continue following the guide

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, 4th what?