• Likes 43

keine

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
When was the last of the waithax 4 games pulled from eshop.
That was a pretty small window on that hack.

Was there a window between release and the games getting pulled?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the right place to ask this:

I have been reading as much as I can in the forums but something is confusing me. I want to run roms on my 3ds and I see that most of the guides are geared toward installing A9LH and Luma3DS but then I start seeing "Gateway" stuff. So help me get this straight, please...

I need to install A9LH (which is basically CFW) and install Luma3DS (which is a "patcher" more or less that lets me patch ROMS) and then buy a "Gateway" flash cart and set that up to store ROMS on so I can play them on the 3DS, right?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope this is the right place to ask this:

I have been reading as much as I can in the forums but something is confusing me. I want to run roms on my 3ds and I see that most of the guides are geared toward installing A9LH and Luma3DS but then I start seeing "Gateway" stuff. So help me get this straight, please...

I need to install A9LH (which is basically CFW) and install Luma3DS (which is a "patcher" more or less that lets me patch ROMS) and then buy a "Gateway" flash cart and set that up to store ROMS on so I can play them on the 3DS, right?
No. Do not get a Gateway. Follow Plailect's guide at 3ds.guide to install A9LH. After you follow that guide, you will be able to install games as CIA files. A Gateway is useless with A9LH imo. Do not waste money on it.

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Oh wow, alright. That sounds great then, I was worried because some of those Gateway cards are like a hundred dollars.
Any guides about Gateway are for people who either bought one before CFW got good (early 2015) or who didn't bother doing any reading and didn't realise they didn't need it.

blaisedinsd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, I decided to get a New Nintendo 3DS XL that I want to install A9LH on but apparently they are having a good Christmas and are sold out everywhere...I am missing out on christmas deals dang.

I was wondering if they wipe out there stock does that mean we are probably getting newer firmware versions out of the factory when there is eventually more stock?

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Crap, I decided to get a New Nintendo 3DS XL that I want to install A9LH on but apparently they are having a good Christmas and are sold out everywhere...I am missing out on christmas deals dang.

I was wondering if they wipe out there stock does that mean we are probably getting newer firmware versions out of the factory when there is eventually more stock?

Ebay man, type in "3ds firmware 9.2" in the search. Have $300 ready.

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
So after installing A9LH what are the risks for updating and loosing your CFW and/or crashes/freezes/bricks from normal usage?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ebay man, type in "3ds firmware 9.2" in the search. Have $300 ready.
Doesn't need to be 9.2, 10.7 is fine.

Gorkensnorkel

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10.7 is fine? Oh but you have to downgrade, right? Doesn't downgrading increase your risk of bricking it?

So after installing A9LH what are the risks for updating and loosing your CFW and/or crashes/freezes/bricks from normal usage?

Last edited by Gorkensnorkel,

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not question for me, but for me to guide others.
People I know: FW 11.2. Have access to HB via OoT or CN. No access to CFW.
Question: How does Hans patches work?
Desire: Get those people to use ScireM's SuMo Patches

I already got it working for myself (A9LH/Luma patching with custom code).
I remember Hans can do some stuff for rom hacking, but doesn't that also require cfw since need CIA files?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
10.7 is fine? Oh but you have to downgrade, right? Doesn't downgrading increase your risk of bricking it?

I haven't heard of any issues with sysDowngrader ever. The previous implementations would freeze sometimes. But now I think the worst that can happen is you might need to downgrade twice. (Excluding the user being stupid and pulling the battery out, letting it run out of charge, or turning it off part way through).

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not question for me, but for me to guide others.
People I know: FW 11.2. Have access to HB via OoT or CN. No access to CFW.
Question: How does Hans patches work?
Desire: Get those people to use ScireM's SuMo Patches

I already got it working for myself (A9LH/Luma patching with custom code).
I remember Hans can do some stuff for rom hacking, but doesn't that also require cfw since need CIA files?
HANS does not need CFW in order to run. You need to rebuild the .romfs as that's what HANS uses. Look for guides on how to use HANS patches and how to rebuild the .romfs needed for it. There are plenty of guides out there.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
HANS does not need CFW in order to run. You need to rebuild the .romfs as that's what HANS uses. Look for guides on how to use HANS patches and how to rebuild the .romfs needed for it. There are plenty of guides out there.
So he would just need the romfs files? Was under the impression since he has the .code file, he could just have hans turn on .code but have roms off.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So he would just need the romfs files? Was under the impression since he has the .code file, he could just have hans turn on .code but have roms off.
He only needs the romfs. Luma uses .code, HANS uses .romfs (yes that's the actual file extension). That .romfs file needs to be in the hans folder that should be on the root of his SD card.

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay