• Views 4,531,421
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

Bella Lawrence

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Maybe your emuNAND partition became the primary partition. You could backup the contents, then use emuNAND9 to format without emuNAND, then format with emuNAND, then flash your backup back to it and it should be fixed (if that was the issue).

BTW it is unlikely to be a fake SD card because fakes are designed so that your computer thinks it's got lots of space. Your computer doesn't think this.
Is there any other methods that i could just do by using my laptop?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Is there any other methods that i could just do by using my laptop?
You can backup the emuNAND using emuNAND tool on your PC but only emuNAND9 can do the formatting so well.
If you no longer want to use your emuNAND there are probably tools that will wipe all partitions that you can use on your PC.

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It won't matter too much, the format will only delete the Nintendo 3DS folder which won't work after the format anyway.
Okay!
I have another question:
So i have seen the Aurora Wright SafeA9LHinstaller has been bricking some new 3dses. How can i avoid this tool bricking my 3DS? Should i wait for the installer to dont do more bricks? Should i do 2.1 ctrtransfer to be safer?

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay!
I have another question:
So i have seen the Aurora Wright SafeA9LHinstaller has been bricking some new 3dses. How can i avoid this tool bricking my 3DS? Should i wait for the installer to dont do more bricks? Should i do 2.1 ctrtransfer to be safer?
Just don't use a dodgy SD card and you'll be OK. The bricks happened when user's cards corrupted part way through the process.

Bella Lawrence

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You can backup the emuNAND using emuNAND tool on your PC but only emuNAND9 can do the formatting so well.
If you no longer want to use your emuNAND there are probably tools that will wipe all partitions that you can use on your PC.
Okay so how would i go about your first idea without losing any data and everything being the way it was like nothing even happened?

Miles54321

Trophies
Website
derbergerac.com
XP
Country
Install menuhax on sysnand and from there boot Luma.
I recomend installing a9lh so you dont have to deal with Emunand.
Plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1)Boot ibto Emunand and update fron System Settings (be sure your Nands are unlinked)
2) Search hb_loader by yellows8

Ok, will do now, is there a good way to check if NANDS are linked, i have different Internet settings in sysNand comapred to emuNAND from when I first hacked it

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Okay so how would i go about your first idea without losing any data and everything being the way it was like nothing even happened?
First backup your SD card. Download emuNAND9 from https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases/latest and put the emuNAND9 folder that contains a .3dsx file and .smdh file in your 3ds folder. Access the homebrew launcher from sysNAND and go to emuNAND9. Go to emuNAND options and choose to backup your emuNAND. Shut down and check it's a correct size (see Plailect guide) (if it isn't, make another backup) and back it up with your other files. Go back into emuNAND9. Choose to format with no emuNAND. When finished choose to format with an emuNAND. Then shut down and paste your SD backup back. Go back into emuNAND9. In emuNAND options there should be an option to restore your emuNAND. Restore the backup you made. Hopefully should be good as new!

Bella Lawrence

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First backup your SD card. Download emuNAND9 from https://github.com/d0k3/EmuNAND9/releases/latest and put the emuNAND9 folder that contains a .3dsx file and .smdh file in your 3ds folder. Access the homebrew launcher from sysNAND and go to emuNAND9. Go to emuNAND options and choose to backup your emuNAND. Shut down and check it's a correct size (see Plailect guide) (if it isn't, make another backup) and back it up with your other files. Go back into emuNAND9. Choose to format with no emuNAND. When finished choose to format with an emuNAND. Then shut down and paste your SD backup back. Go back into emuNAND9. In emuNAND options there should be an option to restore your emuNAND. Restore the backup you made. Hopefully should be good as new!
If im backing up my emunand, wouldn't i need space to do that? I claims my whole sd card is full

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i was downgrading to 9.2 and suddenly the screen "An error has occured. Press power button" appeared.
This was in the middle of downgrading. Is it safe to turn off :<?

Sorry for stupid questions but im very curious

cravas

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
So i was downgrading to 9.2 and suddenly the screen "An error has occured. Press power button" appeared.
This was in the middle of downgrading. Is it safe to turn off :<?

Sorry for stupid questions but im very curious
It happens sometimes.
It's ok to power it down.
When you boot up again, it will take some time.

But, You will have to run the downgrader again because some files weren't installed.
Even if you go to system settings and it says Ver9.2.0-20

Bella Lawrence

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Where do i find that tool?
Nevermind, so i choose Extract Emunand on the Emunand tool right?

Oh good point. I didn't think of that. Use emuNAND tool on your PC instead, for that step.
It's telling me that "No emuNAND sd detected" What do i do?

Einzbern

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting NTR to work. I'm currently on an 11.2 emunand with reinand.

What ends up happening is after starting the .cia it says a few things, but then says something along the lines of "param is missing: ntrconfig->HomeMenuInjectAddr", spams a bunch of addr: after that, then "current firmware not supported".

I have the ntr.bin on the root of my card. I've also tried both Shadowtrance's BootNTR from back in January, and Astronautlevel2's from about 25 days ago. Both give the same error.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having trouble getting NTR to work. I'm currently on an 11.2 emunand with reinand.

What ends up happening is after starting the .cia it says a few things, but then says something along the lines of "param is missing: ntrconfig->HomeMenuInjectAddr", spams a bunch of addr: after that, then "current firmware not supported".

I have the ntr.bin on the root of my card. I've also tried both Shadowtrance's BootNTR from back in January, and Astronautlevel2's from about 25 days ago. Both give the same error.

Anyone have an idea what the problem might be?
try updating the bootntr.bin file or it may be incompatible with reinand as its practically dead

SonicCloud

miss americana.
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
YAY! I downgraded to 9.2
Now ;
Should i continue the guide when SafeA9LHInstaller doesn't causes more bricks? Even through someone here told me to check the SD Card, in the github issues section of Safea9lhInstaller someone said he / she used the SD that came with the 3ds. Im also using the same SD that came in

What is using the brick rate?
Thank you <333

Sahil Gupta

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Guys, I have a bit of a problem. So, I am trying to get A9LH on my 11.1 3DS, and I'm trying to back up my save data because it says that all data will be wiped. However, due to PASLR and JKSM not liking me (getting error opening save archive: E0E046BE), can I just copy the .sav files in the Nintendo 3DS folder? Thanks!

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Nevermind, so i choose Extract Emunand on the Emunand tool right?

It's telling me that "No emuNAND sd detected" What do i do?
Something really weird has happened to your SD card :-/ Does it still boot into your emuNAND when you start it up? What did it say in System Settings for your firmware?

Guys, I have a bit of a problem. So, I am trying to get A9LH on my 11.1 3DS, and I'm trying to back up my save data because it says that all data will be wiped. However, due to PASLR and JKSM not liking me (getting error opening save archive: E0E046BE), can I just copy the .sav files in the Nintendo 3DS folder? Thanks!
As long as you never format your system, your Nintendo 3DS folder will continue to work on your console. Backup the whole folder not just the save files or else you might forget where to put them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: gimme