• Replies 53,776
  • Likes 43

Sahasra

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, I'm using dsiwarehax to downgrade a 11.2 N3DS right now, but I got a problem. The source is an o3DS with emunand and rxtools, I got four swords, and after copying the public.sav file in the game folder, everytime I launch the game an got "An error has occured etc", not the "boot.nds" error the guide says I should receive. Does someone have a clue about where I screwed up ?
edit : Never mind, I forgot dsiware games need to be installed on both emunand and sysnand, I'm gonna install a9lh

Last edited by Sahasra,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Hi!
I have an old 3ds xl with menuhax+rxtools and I'm trying to update it to arm9loaderhax + luma.
I'm trying to use this tutorial: https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started but in the first step it says that i must follow the instructions in sysnand.
The question is: what should I do to boot the sysnand and not the emunand?

Thanks

edit1: trying to boot in sysnand pressing "X" on rxtools options ends in a red screen (bottom) after reboot.

edit2: nvm
Replace your boot.3dsx with the original one from smealum's page. Then you will boot to the homebrew launcher instead of rxTools, and then you can exit into sysNAND and change the theme. That will uninstall menuhax and you can start the guide from there.

rizbizkit

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi, i recently got myself a n3ds non xl. Version is 10.7. I have an older 3ds xl runing a9lh + luma cfw. Im actually kinda on the fence right now with regards to perma-hacking my newly bought 3ds (using the a9lh + luma cfw method)

My question is

1. Are we able to remove a9lh (and if yes, will it be through a hard mod?)
2. Im thinking of keeping my newly bought n3ds's sysnand as is and just making an emunand so that when i choose to sell the ds it'll be "clean"
3. Are there any updated guides for what i am trying to achieve from question 2? So far the only best guide out there in terms of cfw is plailect's guide.

Thanks!

icano194

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys. i'm currently installing Luma3ds on my N3DS that had ReiNand on it before now i am at a step that says that i have the option to move my old emunand to the new

"If, before following this guide, you already had an EmuNAND setup and would like to move the contents of your previous EmuNAND to your new SysNAND CFW, now is the time to follow Move EmuNAND instead of doing the first step in this section."

does that mean keeping the old games and saves? or can i also still put my old saves in it without doing that step?

also i don't really understand this whole step

Section IV - Restoring the System (https://plailect.github.io/Guide/installing-arm9loaderhax)

1. i have n3ds so thats not up for question
2. ("if your backup is of a version between 3.0.0 and 4.5.0") - what backup version ?? and
3. update my System? confusing, i'm on 9.20.

so as a n3ds user, i only have to d ostep 3 - updating my system from the settings? or do i skip the whole section if i don't want to move my old emunand into it?

ugh, sorry for all these questions. hope someone can help. Thanks:)

Last edited by icano194,

Kenzhin

Trophies
XP
Country
I s3
Not for free. You need either a second hacked console to do a DSiWare downgrade or a hardmod. Read https://plailect.github.io/Guide/get-started
Hardmod is probably most cost efficient unless there's a good market for second hand consoles where you live, in which case I'd advise either buying a second console and selling the one you have, or using the second console to downgrade the first then reselling the second.

Here's a list of approved hardmodders. https://gbatemp.net/threads/list-of-hardmod-installers-by-region.414224/
I see. So there is no chance i could play cia games oj my 3ds. Am i right? I really thought it's easy to jailbreak, mod, hack, this new 3ds

kwii626

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello guys,

I've been searching around about switching SD cards and it seems there is a lot of out dated information out there specifically to A9LH users. My question would be how do you adequately transfer the source SD card to the target SD card? I've tried just copying and pasting the files from one to another and all my cias were missing. Is there a method being used to copy all the content over to another SD card without loss of CIAs?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hello guys,

I've been searching around about switching SD cards and it seems there is a lot of out dated information out there specifically to A9LH users. My question would be how do you adequately transfer the source SD card to the target SD card? I've tried just copying and pasting the files from one to another and all my cias were missing. Is there a method being used to copy all the content over to another SD card without loss of CIAs?

Turn on the console with the soruce SD, take off source SD, move files to target SD and insert target SD while the console its still on

Reactions: kwii626

mikhaelcool7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I currently have 2 3DS systems. One N3DSLL and the other 3DSXL (US). Both of them are on 11.0.0-33J/U according to their region. Can I currently do anything with them ?

mikhaelcool7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Only if you hardmod one, or getting another 17.0 or lower console
Hard modding seems very dangerous. I found Sky3DS+ but there are so many reseller links on their website that I have no idea from which one to choose and which one can be trusted. I also downloaded the Citra emulator a while ago and I'm currently getting a decrypted ROM to try it. How about that Sky3DS+ ?

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
Hard modding seems very dangerous. I found Sky3DS+ but there are so many reseller links on their website that I have no idea from which one to choose and which one can be trusted. I also downloaded the Citra emulator a while ago and I'm currently getting a decrypted ROM to try it. How about that Sky3DS+ ?
If you only want to run backups, its pretty great. Only thing to consider is that if you want to play online you need to extract a header from a retail game (and also seems you have to wait for an update to play Poke SuMo)

mikhaelcool7

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you only want to run backups, its pretty great. Only thing to consider is that if you want to play online you need to extract a header from a retail game (and also seems you have to wait for an update to play Poke SuMo)
I found a guy that can mod my 3DSXL but not the N3DSLL since he hasn't experimented with the JPN systems yet. I guess he will downgrade my 3DSXL using his modded 3DS and then proceed to mod mine. Should I tell him to put Luma3DS on it ? I want to play games from all regions, have the ability to access the eShop, play the games online with my friends who have a retail copy of the game and most importantly not get banned

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
I found a guy that can mod my 3DSXL but not the N3DSLL since he hasn't experimented with the JPN systems yet. I guess he will downgrade my 3DSXL using his modded 3DS and then proceed to mod mine. Should I tell him to put Luma3DS on it ? I want to play games from all regions, have the ability to access the eShop, play the games online with my friends who have a retail copy of the game and most importantly not get banned

Once you mod a console, you can mod the other one via Dsiware Downgrade. And yes you should use Luma3DS because its the most user friendly of CFW

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ