• Views 4,543,613
  • Replies 53,799
  • Likes 43

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They look like the new 2DS systems but they have a black body with red/blue on the shoulder buttons, the exact opposite of the new 2DS systems.
Oh, okay. I see. I should go ahead and place a special order on the regular red one @ GameStop's website after I wait for my funds are available on my card either later today or tomorrow.

uortex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey everybody,

I haven't used my N3DS XL + Gateway in a while but with Pokemon being released, I kind of want to get back into it.
I missed most of the CFW stuff, so I really have no idea, if it would have any advantages over my gateway.
If so, how would I install the CFW the easiest way and which one should I choose?

Right now I'm on 9.2 with my emunand on GW3D 10.7.0-32E, what should my next step be? On the Gateway homepage I've found two gateway versions, 3.7.2 Beta and 3.4.1 Ultra. Which one should I choose? And could I update my emunand to the newest firmware? I've read about some problems there.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out.

Best regards,
Ben

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why do you have an updates folder? If your sysNAND is on 9.2, you don't need to downgrade, and A9LH installation is now done from sysNAND. I had a very similar setup (using ReiNAND) before installing A9LH on one of my systems. I see an ntr.bin. If you want to continue using NTR, you're better off using BootNTR Selector by Nanquitas after you finish the A9LH installation.

Fail, i posted in the wrong thread earlier, my mistake (thought I posted here).
update folder was from when I downgraded almost a year ago, and never used. it empty atm.
Good point about ntr.bin was planning to do redo that after A9LH, but might as well delete it to make less confusing now.

Thanks.

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everybody,

I haven't used my N3DS XL + Gateway in a while but with Pokemon being released, I kind of want to get back into it.
I missed most of the CFW stuff, so I really have no idea, if it would have any advantages over my gateway.
If so, how would I install the CFW the easiest way and which one should I choose?

Right now I'm on 9.2 with my emunand on GW3D 10.7.0-32E, what should my next step be? On the Gateway homepage I've found two gateway versions, 3.7.2 Beta and 3.4.1 Ultra. Which one should I choose? And could I update my emunand to the newest firmware? I've read about some problems there.

I would really appreciate it if somebody could help me out.

Best regards,
Ben
Everyone in their right mind will tell you to not use Gateway anymore and switch to arm9loaderhax. All arm9loaderhax installation is done from sysNAND. Here's an excellent guide to do that. Here's how you can use Gateway after installing arm9loaderhax.
Fail, i posted in the wrong thread earlier, my mistake (thought I posted here).
update folder was from when I downgraded almost a year ago, and never used. it empty atm.
Good point about ntr.bin was planning to do redo that after A9LH, but might as well delete it to make less confusing now.

Thanks.
You're welcome!

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KunoichiZ, thanks. Also, How long does it take to ship that regular red 2DS MK7 Bundle via Gamestop to my location if I placed the order on it?

KunoichiZ

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question on 2nd step of a9lh
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher)
I assume this step is just creating a nand back up right?
Is this needed if we already have a nand back up (back up my sysnand and emunand before all this).

also, what exactly does min size mean compared to the standard (ones i have is 512 bytes)
Minimum size trims down what's not needed in the backup, iirc (don't quote me on that). For the sake of the guide, I would follow what the guide says. There will be a point where you move your emuNAND to sysNAND during Part 3 - Installing arm9loaderhax.

KunoichiZ, thanks. Also, How long does it take to ship that regular red 2DS MK7 Bundle via Gamestop to my location if I placed the order on it?
I have no idea. *shrug*

Last edited by KunoichiZ,
Reactions: YyAoMmIi

CGNetwork

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minimum size trims down what's not needed in the backup, iirc (don't quote me on that). For the sake of the guide, I would follow what the guide says. There will be a point where you move your emuNAND to sysNAND during Part 3 - Installing arm9loaderhax.

I have no idea. *shrug*
Oh, okay. That's fine. I can just wait until it arrives anyway.

PotatoTheG

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Alright, everything's going well. System Transfer failed last night but it was just an internet error, it worked this morning.
One last question before I'm done. The guide says "Do NOT downgrade with dgTool on a device that already has arm9loaderhax installed or you will BRICK!". I have a a9lh folder and a couple of bin files that were transferred. Should I delete these or is it fine?

selbyftw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey guys, It's been a while. I followed the plailect about 2 months ago to get cfw and stuff installed, Was just wondering if I'm OK to update to the latest firmware, I'm currently on 11.0.0-33E with luma3ds 6.6, FBI,Homebrew launcher, Hourglass9 v1.20 installed and a back up of my 4.2.0 nand. Anything I need to do or Am I ok to update? Sorry if this has gone been asked already just wanted to make sure.

EDIT: I've also just updated hourglass9 to 1.35 using the https://plailect.github.io/Guide/updating-a9lh guide. So everything is up to date and with a back up of my 4.2.0 nand I can't see any reason why I shouldn't be able to update my system firmware to the latest can anyone confirm?

Last edited by selbyftw,

theLilaQ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Hey guys,

wow, I missed the whole CFW thing! :o
I'm currently using my Sky3DS, and I'm on a 9.x firmware. What are my best steps to take to use a CFW? Will I need my Sky3DS with a CFW? And can I play 3DS and (finally) CIA files now?

Any starting point on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance guys

TheBroCode

Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone let me know what "boot.3dsx" and "screenshots_raw.bin" in the root directory are for? I'm just tidying up my SD card and have forgotten what everything does :P

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Can someone let me know what "boot.3dsx" and "screenshots_raw.bin" in the root directory are for? I'm just tidying up my SD card and have forgotten what everything does :P
boot.3dsx is the file you usually load when you run the homebrew launcher, the other file I think it's the file where the screenshots done with HANs, are stored.
You should keep the boot.3dsx one, the other one can be deleted

Reactions: TheBroCode

2pado

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i need some help, after i followed Plailect's guide i can no longer create a NNID (error 022 2634), i've read somewhere that i can backup my NAND and go back to sysnand to create one there.

Can somebody please give some tips on how to do this, the thread i found providing the solution wasnt very specific or noob friendly, also i need to do a system format to solve another issue, would like to do both things while i'm at it (also need tips for this, to not lose the CFW o my save files).

Nobody?

YyAoMmIi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello i need some help, after i followed Plailect's guide i can no longer create a NNID (error 022 2634), i've read somewhere that i can backup my NAND and go back to sysnand to create one there.

Can somebody please give some tips on how to do this, the thread i found providing the solution wasnt very specific or noob friendly, also i need to do a system format to solve another issue, would like to do both things while i'm at it (also need tips for this, to not lose the CFW o my save files).
1) Regarding the 022 2634 error:
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/40qdwo/error_code_0222634_whenever_i_try_to_access_the/
system formate usually do the trick in removing said error.
2) regarding Nand back up: That done in the Decrypt9 part of the guide.
https://plailect.github.io/Guide/decrypt9-(homebrew-launcher)

What was your previous set up btw?

Still in the proccess of a9lh myself but I know some bits.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3