Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
With SD card --> blue light stays but black screen
Without SD card is the same thing
Sorry if i'm making it difficult
No problem. Looks like the OTP from the other console was still in the a9lh folder and the console is bricked. Sorry for your loss :-(

This is what this warning is about:
You cannot use another console's OTP or you will brick GUARANTEED.

Last edited by Quantumcat,

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello , I'm a few months away from the news of 3DS CFWs . I went back to research on the subject recently, and today I discovered that it is possible to use browserhax to access homebrew launcher in version 11.0 and I have two doubts.

I have 2 3DSs , one of them is at version 10.7 and the other in version 11.0.

1 ) It is now possible to use browserhax to access homebrew launcher in version 10.7 ? Or is it still necessary OoTHax or NinjaHax ?

2 ) There is already a way to install a CFW in version 11.0 using softmode ? if so, please send me a link to a tutorial .

Thank you so much.

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello , I'm a few months away from the news of 3DS CFWs . I went back to research on the subject recently, and today I discovered that it is possible to use browserhax to access homebrew launcher in version 11.0 and I have two doubts.

1 ) It is now possible to use browserhax to access homebrew launcher in version 10.7 ? Or is it still necessary OoTHax or NinjaHax ?

2 ) There is already a way to install a CFW in version 11.0 using softmode ? if so, please send me a link to a tutorial .

Thank you so much.
1.Yes, browserhax is possible on 10.7, no need for ninjhax or oothax.
2.Since you have a 3ds 10.7, downgrade to 9.2, add a9lh, and you can do a dsi downgrade to your 11.0 3ds.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia

Thank you so much.
1. Yes
2. No

You can downgrade 10.7, but not 11.0 (unless you downgrade NATIVE_FIRM first)

Have a look here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) it has details about downgrading and getting homebrew working. After you do Part 1 you could optionally continue onto Parts 2 & 3 and get good CFW on both consoles.

Lucas Melo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
1.Yes, browserhax is possible on 10.7, no need for ninjhax or oothax.
2.Since you have a 3ds 10.7, downgrade to 9.2, add a9lh, and you can do a dsi downgrade to your 11.0 3ds.
Thanks man

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

1. Yes
2. No

You can downgrade 10.7, but not 11.0 (unless you downgrade NATIVE_FIRM first)

Have a look here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-1-(Decrypt9) it has details about downgrading and getting homebrew working. After you do Part 1 you coul optionally continue and get good CFW on both consoles.
Thanks

Reactions: NintenDavid

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
damn..... i knew it was the problem. (forgot about it when i was finding secret_sector like an idiot. so i copied it instead)
If you don't want to live with the loss, and you're handy with electronics, you could buy a new console of the same type from a big department store and switch over the motherboards, then bring back the new one with the bricked motherboard and tell them it won't turn on. They won't lose anything as they'll just send it back to the supplier who will probably use it for parts.

GlitchyDavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't want to live with the loss, and you're handy with electronics, you could buy a new console of the same type from a big department store and switch over the motherboards, then bring back the new one with the bricked motherboard and tell them it won't turn on. They won't lose anything as they'll just send it back to the supplier who will probably use it for parts.

Can we use recovery mode? I'm yet to try it

OrGoN3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please help me and point out what is wrong or forgotten in my sd card:

Are the arm11.bin and arm9.bin from the SafeA9LHInstaller folder?

So, let's confirm: you're on 2.1.0. WiFi is enabled (I can see that for myself). arm11.bin and arm9.bin are taken from the SafeA9LHIntaller zip.

How long are you waiting until you are saying it is frozen?

Try at least 10 times. While I have had 100% success rate with the 2xrsa link, others may not.

Klldarkness

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Send the Gateway back and get a refund. You can play all the pirated games you want with a9lh & Luma, and it only takes around 45 minutes to set it up. No flashcarts needed! But you can still use the DSTwo for DS games. Don't use Gateway files with it (3.4.1 or earlier is OK, limited to 10.3 emuNAND on o3DS) or your console may get bricked.

Have a read of the front page then start with Part 1 (navigation on right of the page): https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

Awesome! Thank you!

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are the arm11.bin and arm9.bin from the SafeA9LHInstaller folder?

So, let's confirm: you're on 2.1.0. WiFi is enabled (I can see that for myself). arm11.bin and arm9.bin are taken from the SafeA9LHIntaller zip.

How long are you waiting until you are saying it is frozen?

Try at least 10 times. While I have had 100% success rate with the 2xrsa link, others may not.
Both .bin are from safearm9hinstaller. Not much, though I had an 80% success rate with 2xrsa link.

eworm

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Okay, extremely noobish questions:

a) Is it possible to take any-time-screenshots with Luma3DS or do I have to to load up NTR/Hans for that?
b) Is it possible at all to take screenshots of NDS games and Virtual Console games? If not, is it because it hasn't been done or because it can't possibly be done?

buraot1234

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i just bought my very first ds last night it was a mario land bundle and I downgraded to 9.2 and added cfw.

My question is the sd card that came with the bundle had mario on it preinstalled. Can I move this to my new sd card? Thank you.

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hi i just bought my very first ds last night it was a mario land bundle and I downgraded to 9.2 and added cfw.

My question is the sd card that came with the bundle had mario on it preinstalled. Can I move this to my new sd card? Thank you.
Do you have an emunand? If not, it is a simple drag and drop from one sd card to another.

Last edited by NintenDavid,

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for the repl. Im sorry I am not sure ( i did the downgrade and cfw late last night and kinda rushed through the instructions) I followed the instructions from plaiect from here: https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

I have all the things noted there fbi cfw etc.. I am not sure what the emunand is
Do you have a9lh?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: sub-50 for a >20k mAh battery with 100w PD charging? Fuckin sold