CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
I replaced my '3ds' folder with the one in the Luma package. That folder had nothing compared to what I had. Now when I turn it on it goes to a purple page with the a 'Configuration file not found /boot.cfg
Creating default configuration...
Press any key to continue..'

Pressing any button does nothing at all. the boot.cfg is there. This is what is inside boot.cfg :

// Boot menu configuration
boot_config =
{
// Default timeout in seconds
// If timeout = -1 (disable autoboot)
timeout = 0;

// use 2 for new 3DS, 8 for 'old' 3DS
autobootfix = 8;

// if timeout = 0 (autoboot),
// hold this key after turning on the 3DS to enter the menu
// keycode list : https://goo.gl/4XLDIL
recovery = 2; // SELECT

// Default boot entry (starts counting at 0, not at 1)
default = 0;

// Boot menu entries (11 max)
entries =
(

{

title = "Luma3DS";

path = "/Luma3DS.dat";

offset = "0x12000";

},

{
title = "rxTools";
path = "/rxTools/sys/code.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "CakesFW";
path = "/Cakes.dat";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Gateway Menu";
path = "/3ds/GW/GW.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "PastaCFW (sysNAND)";
path = "/3ds/PastaCFW/PastaCFW.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "MiniPasta (= Devmode) (sysNAND)";
path = "/3ds/MiniPasta/MiniPasta.3dsx";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "EmuNAND9";
path = "/EmuNAND9.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Decrypt9";
path = "/Decrypt9WIP.bin";
offset = "0x12000";
},
{
title = "Homebrew Launcher";
path = "/boot.3dsx";
}
);
};

@Quantumcat is right, try restoring your sd. and make sure the luma folder is on the root along with luma.dat and arm9loaderhax.bin
(also check out the guide it helps alot.) Having just the .3dsx stuff doesnt help at all.

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
I only have a copy of the sysNAND...This was the first time I touched the 3DS in months. I had made a copy on my other laptop, but having trouble finding it. Assuming I won't find it, is it now impossible to just start over?

Not impossible just will take a bit of time. Transfer your a9lh folder to the pc and we shall begin.

So what does it mean if I copied all the files over but the FBI and HB Launcher CIA's I installed are gone.

uhhh. well i have no explanation. Just install them. Make sure everything else is there and saves are intact.

Last edited by CrimsonMaple,

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not impossible just will take a bit of time. Transfer your a9lh folder to the pc and we shall begin.

Before I start that, where exactly is the /boot.cfg supposed to be. I had it in the root folder, but after reading again it might have to be in the luma folder only/also?

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
Before I start that, where exactly is the /boot.cfg supposed to be. I had it in the root folder, but after reading again it might have to be in the luma folder only/also?

I have no clue, i dont use luma anymore tbh :/ look in the zip i suppose?

did you

did u check on that

I assume no, looks like plugins are built with a specific extension, and code. What were you thinking of doing with this, if its gateway cheats someone made a gameshark2ntr tool.

Reactions: Shadx

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
He doesn't have a9lh, he is using rxTools with menuhax.
I only have a copy of the sysNAND...This was the first time I touched the 3DS in months. I had made a copy on my other laptop, but having trouble finding it. Assuming I won't find it, is it now impossible to just start over?
Of course you can start over - but if you delete everything from your SD card you will lose your games and saves. Keep at least your Nintendo 3DS folder. And before you do anything else, use JKSM to backup all your saves and keep them on your PC, just in case. Also, I meant a backup of your SD contents (how you had things when they were working with rxTools).

Shadx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He doesn't have a9lh, he is using rxTools with menuhax.

Of course you can start over - but if you delete everything from your SD card you will lose your games and saves. Keep at least your Nintendo 3DS folder. And before you do anything else, use JKSM to backup all your saves and keep them on your PC, just in case. Also, I meant a backup of your SD contents (how you had things when they were working with rxTools).

I feel like I'm getting somewhere, but perhaps RXTools is still interfering? I turn it on and it flashed colors, etc. Now it goes to the purple menu and I can navigate. I launched Luma and thought I set it up. Must I delete rxTools? Not sure if it's overriding Luma?

Fpi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
if I want to uninstall games I installed with a cia file via FBI in the arm9hax + luma3ds combo, how do I go about it? I read there were some dangers about going to the system memory management that it should be done through emunand or whatever, given the nature of this setup, how do I go about it?

Protatoxxxeater

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if I want to uninstall games I installed with a cia file via FBI in the arm9hax + luma3ds combo, how do I go about it? I read there were some dangers about going to the system memory management that it should be done through emunand or whatever, given the nature of this setup, how do I go about it?
ive used the settings, title manager, and fbi title delete

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States
I feel like I'm getting somewhere, but perhaps RXTools is still interfering? I turn it on and it flashed colors, etc. Now it goes to the purple menu and I can navigate. I launched Luma and thought I set it up. Must I delete rxTools? Not sure if it's overriding Luma?

Are you using the cold boot menu? Try using the hbm to launch cfw.

Enter FBI go to titles find the one you want to delete and press a, navigate to delete cia. And nah thats only for menuhax users with sysnand and emunand linked, you should be good as soon as you have luma on a9lh

CrimsonMaple

Developer • She/Her
Trophies
Website
crimson.ninja
XP
Country
United States

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum