• Likes 43

MisterJohnson87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1) yes use this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
2) yes
3) when you are done with the guide you will have cfw on sysnand. you can keep an emunand if you want, it will be a nand with cfw
4)there is none. with a9lh you can run an updated sysnand.
5) yes

Thanks for the quick response.

The thing that throws me is point 3 / 4 - So once I had set this up there is no need to setup an emunand? How do you go about updating the sysnand without losing access to your entrypoint or is AL9H the entry point? Also because it's a sysnand what happens if I accidently brick it by installing or removing the wrong thing?

Apologies for the noob questions just it's been ages since I used my 3DS - I used to just use the gateway emunand.

Thanks

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
you can update it without losing anything the cfw block the exploit from being removed(the gyuide wouldnt have you do it if it was that easy to be removed). it would be fairly hard for you to fuck up firm 0 and firm 1 where the exploit lives so you can run decrypt9 before the system runs and flash a nand backup, unbricking your system.

MisterJohnson87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
you can update it without losing anything the cfw block the exploit from being removed(the gyuide wouldnt have you do it if it was that easy to be removed). it would be fairly hard for you to fuck up firm 0 and firm 1 where the exploit lives so you can run decrypt9 before the system runs and flash a nand backup, unbricking your system.

Thanks, that makes me life a little easier! If I wanted to setup an emunand for piece of mind would it allow me to boot straight into that? Would you be able to setup a CFW Emunand?

MisterJohnson87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks, so best plan is

1) Install A9LH
2) Install Luma on Sysnand
3) Install Luma on Emunand
4) Boot automatically to Emunand?

Sorry but still trying to get my head around all the advancements in the past year

Thanks again

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States
you dont install it on each it just runs and loads the nand you want it to. best would be no emunand as with emunand you have to double install gba games. sysnand is safe with a9lh

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

how a9lh works(simple ver) the exploit gets installed to frim 0 and firm 1. when you turn on the system it runs and loads the arm9loaderhax.bin(norm cfw) off your sd card that then boots what nand you tell it to. the cfws block firm 0/1 from being overwritten so the exploit cant be removed. you can update the sysnand without issue. all the shit you would fuck with on the sysnand wouldnt be able to touch frim 0/1 as the cfw would block it so you would really have to do something bad to brick the system with a9lh.

Reactions: MisterJohnson87

MisterJohnson87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks. I'll not bother with the emunand then if I'm fine to update the Sysnand with Luma on - How do you update the sysnand, just by going into system settings as usual?

Appreciate your patience

pbanj

Trophies
Website
pbanjin.space
XP
Country
United States

nl255

Trophies
XP
Country
lol sorry its just it took me ages to get to this point and i was told in another site not to update otherwise i wouldnt be able to hack it.

Just think of a9lh as a bootloader hack. Once you have it, and a cfw with firm0/firm1 (bootloader) protection such as Luma, you are already permanently hacked. However you should always make a sysnand backup in decrypt9 before any system update just in case.

The only things you have to avoid are using a cfw without such protection (Luma is safe because the protection is always on but in Cakes it is optional), restoring a nand backup in decrypt9 without using the "keep a9lh" option, or messing around with firm0/firm1 in godmode9. As long as you never do any of those things (and always make a backup before any major change, which includes system updates) you don't have to worry.

Last edited by nl255,

abkj136

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
ok thanks ive finished all the parts. how do i install the games

never mind i figured it out. thanks for all the help guys. I just had one last question, if I wanted to change to a higher sized memory card at what stage would i start from cause i didnt realise that some games go over 1 gb and I only have a 4gb card.

BasedIndex

splendid
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Russia
Hey.
Recently I found a font
CiEp-VoWsAAwrHv.jpg
and installed it.
Later in ssb4 I noticed that some text is all messed up. Anyone knows what's the title of the cia? Looking into it as I type this.
Cheers.

edit: found another one that looks better imo but also works!

Last edited by BasedIndex,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Back when I was playing kakarot I looked up one little guide now all I see is dbz stuff